USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Stephanida said:
Hello everyone 1:42am here........sleep want sleep. Can't sleep must do stupid macbeth essay. So I am cheerfully (sort of) ignoring it and coming into the Taverna to find a nice highly caffinated bevrege.

What's the topic? Sparknotes might help.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone. Believe it or not, I just got home from work. They had to install a new electrical panel in my store and they had to do it after hours to avoid shutting the store down for 4 hours and losing all of that business. Thus the electricians could not start work on it until 9:30 PM. Being that I have to be back at work at 8 AM I wonder if there is any real use in going to sleep?

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
khaleas said:
Dang Matrona, next time I come down to SC I'll bring you another carrier... I have several extra ones... I used to have more than three cats...
Or I could plop one in the mail for you at some point...

On another note... my doggie looooooves to go to the V-E-T... he thinks it's the greatest place on earth, everyone loves him and talks with him and no one yells at him if he pees on the carpet... :D

I know what you mean. Oliver treats the vets office like it is a dog show. He walks in with his chest pushed out and his shoulders held back and all the vet assistants all think he is just plain adorable. Brittany, on the other hand, never behaves at the vets office! Matrona I have an extra carrier, but it is the size for a cocker spaniel (30 lb dog), if it were any smaller I would send it to you.

Upvote 0

33ad

A repentant sinner seeking God
Nov 11, 2004
✟1,092.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Maximus said:
A shot of Stolichnaya should take care of that.

Get some rest, brother. You'll be glad you did.

Funny enough, I bought a bottle of that yesterday. I couldn't believe, it's cheaper than our local Smirnov, was only $8.50!

Kolya

Upvote 0

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Don't mind me, I'm just using time until Pope JPII's funeral starts. I want to get it on tape but since they're being so sketchy on when it's actually going to start, I think it'll be safest for me to just stay up to start it, then turn in, and watch it tomorrow.

70 presidents, 4 kings, 5 queens, 4 million people... I've never seen anything like this in my whole life.

Upvote 0

33ad

Nov 11, 2004
✟1,092.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Michael the Iconographer said:
Dont have any stoli, but I do have Grey Goose. Although, it is not cold! :(

Misha, take the Goose, put it in a shot glass, give it one turn in the microwave (Better test it with your pinkie frist, you don't want to burn your throat) then down it. It will work much faster. ;)

Hi everyone else, I made it to my desk before you were all gone. Now you can get to bed, OK?

Kolya

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
33ad said:
Misha, take the Goose, put it in a shot glass, give it one turn in the microwave (Better test it with your pinkie frist, you don't want to burn your throat) then down it. It will work much faster. ;)

Hi everyone else, I made it to my desk before you were all gone. Now you can get to bed, OK?

Kolya

A 3 oz shot did nothing. Guess I need another?

Upvote 0

33ad

Nov 11, 2004
✟1,092.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Matrona said:
Don't mind me, I'm just using time until Pope JPII's funeral starts. I want to get it on tape but since they're being so sketchy on when it's actually going to start, I think it'll be safest for me to just stay up to start it, then turn in, and watch it tomorrow.

70 presidents, 4 kings, 5 queens, 4 million people... I've never seen anything like this in my whole life.

Matrona,
It's in less than 3 hours time. 11am my time (& Italy's)

Your sun should be up before it's over.

Kolya

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stephanida said:
To answer your question Matrona, I decided to make my thesis be that Lady Macbeth was not insane at the beginining of the play but that her insomnia drove her over the edge (just worded differently)

Sleep depravation can have some devastating effects on one's life. I got very little sleep the 2nd semester of seminary and looking back on it now that is probably the cause of the debilitating headaches which plagued me the entire semester and which lead to my leaving seminary (that and the fact that I was slowly losing my Roman Catholic faith).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Stephanida said:
To answer your question Matrona, I decided to make my thesis be that Lady Macbeth was not insane at the beginining of the play but that her insomnia drove her over the edge (just worded differently)

Good luck, Stephanie! :hug:

Upvote 0

33ad

Nov 11, 2004
✟1,092.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stephanida said:
Thanks Michael! By the way did those headaches ever stop? I am seriously sleep deprived almost all the time 3-4 hrs per night is not enough. I too suffer from wicked headaches I am hoping it is the lack of sleep.

They stopped after I left seminary, got a normal job, bought (I HATE to use that phrase) a dog named Oliver, and began to sleep a semi-normal schedule again. I think the headaches were a combination of sleep deprivation and lonliness with a touch of seminary stress and losing my religion for good measure. But, God saw me through it all! Blessed be the Lord. And, Thank you God for the little redheaded puppy you sent me!

Reactions: PandaBear
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.