Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tearing paper? Do you celebrate Christmas on both the NC and the OC? Was it celebrating the Nativity on both calendars in 19th C. Russia? I am thinking not! IS OUTRAGE!!!
It is when it's on orders of your priest!!! And we're on the mission of conversion by burgers and chicken... :p

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is when it's on orders of your priest!!! And we're on the mission of conversion by burgers and chicken... :p
I think I should go ROCOR and then I can celebrate both OC and NC Nativity! :D Or wait, maybe I will just create my own jurisdiction: German Orthodox Outside Russia! I wonder if Vladyka speaks German? I have heard he does.

Reactions: MariaRegina
Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hope you all had a good Christmas!! Ours was nice and relaxing. I really needed the recharge. So even with all the cooking and such, there was no rushing around. Just the way I like it!:D
It was a much better Christmas than I thought it would be!

Upvote 0

kamikat

my love is bigger than a cadillac
Apr 22, 2005
Visit site
✟18,459.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Howdy, y'all! We had a good Christmas. I went to the local Greek church. It was beautiful. Over the last 2 years, they had been doing serious work, since their dome had been ripped off during a hurricane. Father made refrence to their brand new Nativity icon that had been finished just in time for the holiday. I was surprised to see that the church was half empty for the Liturgy. I went early, expecting it to be standing room only. It was a bit difficult to follow, as most of the service was in Greek. Their books had it Greek on one page, English on their other, but the Greek wasn'y spelled out phonetically, just in Greek letters. I was also surprised that the Liturgy was only an hour. I'm used to 1.5 hr or longer. At the end, I went up for antidoran and Father was surprised to see a new face. I mentioned that I might be back on Wednesday for St Stephan's Day. We'll see what the family schedule is like!
Hope y'all had a blessed Christmas!
Christ is born!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hah, we can get a new Taverna before New Years, no problem. If Don doesn't do his 'x bottles of Rooh on the wall' countdown... I can always talk to myself. I'm quite good at that...

Michael, have you had Troegs Mad Elf??? One of our friends at church gave us the BIG bottle ;) and now we went to Total Wine here and they had others and a ton of different Bavarian beers. If I ever make it up to Pittsburgh I'll have to swing by there first and we can trade beer for icon. ^_^

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We could keep on going... it's just the resident rooooooobooooot that doesn't like us being too talkative in one spot. Plus, no one really likes cleaning around here so it's nice to move into something fresh now and again...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.