Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would like to know what the status of St. Anthony Ruwah is in the modern Orthodox Church. I was reading a speech attributed to St. Gregory Dekapolites, in which St. Gregory recounts the life of an Islamic noble who converts to Christ after witnessing a Eucharistic vision, and I found out that this noble is widely considered to be St. Anthony Ruwah. When I went to look up more about this saint, only a few scant references appeared. Is this person still considered a saint in Holy Orthodoxy, does anybody have any other insight? Thank You!

P.S. I highly recommend reading the speech by St. Gregory, it is a short read that provides an interesting story. :)

RaphaCam

Netodoxy below the Equator
Mar 23, 2016
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
✟8,082.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
His name strikes me as weird, but the fact the few references to his life are very detailed kind of eschew me from believing he's anyhow mythical. Also, I'm guessing her his being martyred in Nativity may be somehow linked to this same day holding the celebration of St. Ahmed, who was also a noble-ish martyr converted to Islam but doesn't seem to have anything particularly linked to this date in his life.

Upvote 0