Teaching (no posting) Spiritually guided messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'For all that is in the world—the lust and sensual craving of the flesh and the lust and longing of the eyes and the boastful pride of life [pretentious confidence in one’s resources or in the stability of earthly things]—THESE DO NOT COME from the FATHER, but are FROM THE WORLD. The world is passing away, and with it its lusts [the shameful pursuits and ungodly longings]; but the one who does the will of God and carries out His purposes lives forever' 1 John 2:16 (AMP)

'Do not be misled, my beloved brothers and sisters. Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above; it comes down from the Father of lights [the Creator and Sustainer of the heavens], in whom there is no variation [no rising or setting] or shadow cast by His turning [for He is perfect and never changes]. It was of His own will that He gave us birth [as His children] by the word of truth, so that we would be a kind of first fruits of His creatures [a prime example of what He created to be set apart to Himself—sanctified, made holy for His divine purposes]' James 1:16-18

'Beloved, do not believe every spirit [speaking through a self-proclaimed prophet]; instead test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets and teachers have gone out into the world. By this you know and recognize the Spirit of God: every spirit that acknowledges and confesses [the fact] that Jesus Christ has [actually] come in the flesh [as a man] is from God [God is its source]; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus [acknowledging that He has come in the flesh, but would deny any of the Son’s true nature] is not of God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming, and is now already in the world. Little children (believers, dear ones), you are of God and you belong to Him and have [already] overcome them [the agents of the antichrist]; because He who is in you is greater than he (Satan) who is in the world [of sinful mankind]. They [who teach twisted doctrine] are of the world and belong to it; therefore they speak from the [viewpoint of the] world [with its immoral freedom and baseless theories—demanding compliance with their opinions and ridiculing the values of the upright], and the [gullible one of the] world listens closely and pays attention to them. We [who teach God’s word] are from God [energized by the Holy Spirit], and whoever knows God [through personal experience] listens to us [and has a deeper understanding of Him]. Whoever is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know [without any doubt] the spirit of truth [motivated by God] and the spirit of error [motivated by Satan]' 1 John 4:1-6 (AMP).

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Only by the Holy Spirit can we confess Christ's Lordship (as He is in His true nature) before men. (Matthew 10:32-33, 1 Corinthians 12:3)

The early Church father's tell a different account regarding God's fearful holiness than ministers today...lots of antichrists!
1f607.png

Early Church Fathers - Christian Classics Ethereal Library

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
BIBLICAL Attributes of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. Some fearsome accounts! Well edified!

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

"Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus." Acts 4:13

"But you will receive power and ability when the Holy Spirit comes upon you; and you will be My witnesses [to tell people about Me] both in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and Samaria, and even to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8 (AMP)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's presence can rest on unbeliever's but for the Holy Spirit to make His dwelling inside of us, repentance is required.
1f607.png

God is so full of love, He will not withhold good things from the wicked, in the hope that all men come to repentance. Acts 17:30

It is such a dangerous place to be...for unbeliever's to assume that spiritual manifestation is a sign of right standing with God.

There are some who borderline blaspheme the Holy Spirit daily but we can still repent and turn away from the perverse speech.
1f607.png

Some who belittle and make fun of God's disciples have never met Him face to face. There is a godly fear from Father to Son.
1f607.png

Some have become wicked servants, beating their fellow servants and flattering men to gain an advantage. Matthew 24:45-51 Jude 1:16

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Visions and Dreams! I love when we're graced with them.
1f60b.png
1f607.png

Here's the Scriptural interpretation.

'See what an incredible quality of love the Father has shown to us, that we would [be permitted to] be named and called and counted the children of God! And so we are! For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, we are [even here and] now children of God, and it is not yet made clear what we will be [after His coming]. We know that when He comes and is revealed, we will [as His children] be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is [in all His glory]. And everyone who has this hope [confidently placed] in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure (holy, undefiled, guiltless).' 1 John 3 (only v. 1-3 here) (AMP)

'But prove yourselves doers of the word [actively and continually obeying God’s precepts], and not merely listeners [who hear the word but fail to internalize its meaning], deluding yourselves [by unsound reasoning contrary to the truth]. For if anyone only listens to the word without obeying it, he is like a man who looks very carefully at his natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he immediately forgets what he looked like. But he who looks carefully into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and faithfully abides by it, not having become a [careless] listener who forgets but an active doer [who obeys], he will be blessed and favored by God in what he does [in his life of obedience].' James 1:22-25 (AMP)

'Love never fails [it never fades nor ends]. But as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for the gift of special knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part, and we prophesy in part [for our knowledge is fragmentary and incomplete]. But when that which is complete and perfect comes, that which is incomplete and partial will pass away. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. For now [in this time of imperfection] we see in a mirror dimly [a blurred reflection, a riddle, an enigma], but then [when the time of perfection comes we will see reality] face to face. Now I know in part [just in fragments], but then I will know fully, just as I have been fully known [by God]. And now there remain: faith [abiding trust in God and His promises], hope [confident expectation of eternal salvation], love [unselfish love for others growing out of God’s love for me], these three [the choicest graces]; but the greatest of these is love.' 1 Corinthians 13:8-13 (AMP)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.

Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless' Philippians 3:1-6 (KJV)

Concision-

1. a term used by Paul contemptuously of those who were zealots for circumcision ( Philippians 3:2 ). Instead of the warning, "Beware of the circumcision" (peritome) i.e., of the party who pressed on Gentile converts the necessity of still observing that ordinance, he says, "Beware of the concision;" as much as to say, "This circumcision which they vaunt of is in Christ only as the gashings and mutilations of idolatrous heathen.

2. 1. (alternatively brevity, laconicism, terseness, or conciseness) is the art and practice of minimizing words used to convey an idea. It aims to make communication more effective by eliminating redundancy without omitting important information.

I Like the KJV because the archaic words used are very open to reason. Many of the words used by newer translations are very finite and limited in the English language. Most of the newest translations would replace 'concision' with 'circumcision' throughout the entire passage, but here the KJV uses both 'concision' AND 'circumcision' in the same passage?

The second definition also makes sense because often time, over simplification can omit very important information and not everyone processes information the same way as we do. I can quote Scripture like a Judaizer but if I can't explain what it means...the other person could go mad (conscience wages war on their mind) because they received it in a different understanding or level from me. Reminds me of the Tower of Babel (Genesis 11:1-9).
1f607.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Concision- 'God is love'

Ok, what kind of love? Philia? Storge? Ludus? Mania? Pragma? Philautia? or...Agape?
1f914.png

You see when we oversimplify Biblical principles, it's great for encouragement..but is it edification or exhortation?
1f607.png

Encouragement gives such a boost to morale but 'if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle'

'Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church'
1f607.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Everybody has all the gifts of the spirit' Ok, but why didn't you tell them..it will cost them everything to do with 'self'?
1f607.png

I couldn't speak in diverse tongues until I gave up all my videos games. I didn't do it but Jesus took it for me.
1f607.png

I couldn't step out in faith to pray for the sick until Jesus overcame the spirit of offence and fear of man for me.
1f607.png

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can a Holy-Spirit filled believer be possessed by a devil? No. However, a unbeliever can give legal rights over to a devil.
1f607.png

"God is not mad at anyone" God is love. God is also holiness. Please read your bibles. Lord, save us from these end-time ministers.
1f607.png

Man-made pontifications, I will not consider. Only the Scriptures are worthy. The Word says to obey the Son.

'Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him' John 3:36

To eradicate 'fear' (conviction) at the cost of Truth is not in-line with the Gospel Truth.
1f607.png

A better word for 'fear' as it's used by modern Christianity today (overconstrained definition) would be 'dread'.
1f607.png

The primary reason Christians are attacking deliverance is this: they likely have never cast out demons themselves.
1f607.png

Christianity attacking deliverance ministry is like cessationism attacking healing the sick. It's personal religious dogma.
1f607.png

Christ said heal the sick, and cast out devils. To say there is healing the sick but no casting out devils...logical fallacy.
1f607.png

What modern Christianity has done is propounded many strange teachings based solely on an argument from silence.
1f607.png

Logical fallacy. Argument from silence- is to express a conclusion that is based on the absence of statements in historical documents, rather than on presence.
1f607.png

Christ said to cast out devils (Mark 16:17, Mark 9:38-41). Any Christian believer saying they do not exist is deceived. Period.

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth NOT US: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, FORBID HIM NOT: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in MY NAME, that can LIGHTLY (soon) speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is on our part.

For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward' Mark 9:38-41

"Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen. And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In MY NAME they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” Mark 16:14-18

Red Letters. 'Heaven and earth SHALL pass away, but my words SHALL NOT pass away.' Matthew 24:35

Reject false doctrines. This passage in Timothy is after Pentecost, so that argument that 'the Holy Spirit had not yet come' is null and void. Devils exist. If there is no 'deliverance ministry' then you must teach that there is no 'healing ministry'. Both of which are in error, according to the Word.

"If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness, he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the TRUTH, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself" 1 Timothy 6:3-5

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'Now when they had gone through the island to Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew whose name was Bar-Jesus, who was with the proconsul, Sergius Paulus, an intelligent man. This man called for Barnabas and Saul and sought to hear the word of God.

But Elymas the sorcerer (for so his name is translated) withstood them, seeking to turn the proconsul away from the faith.

Then Saul, who also is called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him and said, “O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord? And now, indeed, the hand of the Lord is upon you, and you shall be blind, not seeing the sun for a time.”

And immediately a dark mist fell on him, and he went around seeking someone to lead him by the hand. Then the proconsul believed, when he saw what had been done, being astonished at the teaching of the Lord' Acts 13:6-12

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'But there was a certain man called Simon, who previously practiced sorcery in the city and astonished the people of Samaria, claiming that he was someone great, to whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, “This man is the great power of God.” And they heeded him because he had astonished them with his sorceries for a long time. But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized. Then Simon himself ALSO BELIEVED; and when HE WAS BAPTIZED HE CONTINUED with Philip, and was amazed, SEEING the MIRACLES and SIGNS which were DONE.' Acts 8:9-25

('In the name of Jesus Christ' see John 3:22-24 and Matthew 3 to support a claim that Simon was baptized in a full water immersion baptism). This is why we must teach 'precept upon precept, line upon line, here a little, there a little' for SOUND Doctrine (Isaiah 28:9-13).

It is safe to conclude that it was not the Baptism of the Holy Spirit because afterwards He was denied the baptism of the Holy Spirit according to the proceeding context...

'Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

And when Simon saw that through the laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them money, saying, “Give me this power also, that anyone on whom I lay hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”

But Peter said to him, “Your money perish with you, because you thought that the gift of God could be purchased with money! You have neither part nor portion in this matter, for your heart is not right in the sight of God. Repent therefore of this your wickedness, and pray God if perhaps the thought of your heart may be forgiven you. For I see that you are poisoned by bitterness and bound by iniquity.”

Then Simon answered and said, “Pray to the Lord for me, that none of the things which you have spoken may come upon me.”

So when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, they returned to Jerusalem, preaching the gospel in many villages of the Samaritans' Acts 8:14-25

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
PREACH the TRUTH!
1f923.png
1f602.png
1f525.png
1f4a5.png
1f525.png
'Stop WAITING on their invitation
1f914.png
1f4ad.png
'
1f525.png
Stop waiting on man's approval! Don't wait for a limited network to invite you! God is inviting you, right now!
1f64c.png
'I'm NOT waiting on the invitations of those who may never invite!'
1f525.png
1f44f.png
This guy gets it! Hallelujah.

'Sometimes people are threatened by the ability of others' 'Sometimes people will not invite you to do great things and to be great, because of their own personal sense of feeling inferior'
1f44c.png
2705.png
✅

'Am I now seeking the approval of men, or of God? Or am I striving to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ' Galatians 1:10

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.