Spiritual attacks when you make good plans?

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have noticed when i make new plans to do Christ's work, i get attacked. Recently i have been organising to get involved in charity work and also to begin my own bible study group. Wow! After meeting with my church vicar and senior members of our church, where we all felt this is a wonderful inspiring step, it felt like a storm began around me. Suddenly several things have happened in my personal life which have challenged and exhausted me. Some people i talked to about my plans seem only luke warm even negative about them.
Its subtle but i feel hostility invading my life. I felt so lowered by it this week i felt like giving up. All my energy and enthusiasm drained.
So i prayed. Asking Jesus to protect me from this spiritual attack, strengthen me and enable me to go ahead and be confident. I want to raise money for a good cause, i want to create a group here in my home to study God's Word and have fellowship and a space each week to have warm fellowship to dwell on Christ's love.

Has anyone else found they can sense jealous hostile action from the devil to undermine them when they plan to develop and grow as a Christian? I noticed similar negative forces around me when i got baptised and especially as i got confirmed. I know it for what it is and i know the remedy to counteract it. Jesus Christ. Only He can shield and keep us safe from every bad force of the devil. Prayer is the powerful weapon always.

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The trial of our faith precedes salvation
1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

Upvote 0

Creekwalker

Feb 27, 2018
Marshall
✟10,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I’ve experienced many such attacks. We know the enemy will sow weeds among our good wheat. Prayer is a great weapon and I often include a Deliverance Command addressed to the demons themselves that all evil spirits leave me, my home, projects, etc., now, in the name of Jesus. We do not converse with demons. We command them to go. They are truly afraid of the name of Jesus! This is Biblical.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
See online quotes (and maybe messages) of Leonard Ravenhill. Very revealing.
He passed away a few years ago, and is best known for ..... well, to me, for exposing the attacks and even victories of the enemy in the usa and europe.

Time in prayer needed for victory : many hours a day in.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have noticed when i make new plans to do Christ's work, i get attacked. Recently i have been organising to get involved in charity work and also to begin my own bible study group. Wow! After meeting with my church vicar and senior members of our church, where we all felt this is a wonderful inspiring step, it felt like a storm began around me. Suddenly several things have happened in my personal life which have challenged and exhausted me. Some people i talked to about my plans seem only luke warm even negative about them.
Its subtle but i feel hostility invading my life. I felt so lowered by it this week i felt like giving up. All my energy and enthusiasm drained.
So i prayed. Asking Jesus to protect me from this spiritual attack, strengthen me and enable me to go ahead and be confident. I want to raise money for a good cause, i want to create a group here in my home to study God's Word and have fellowship and a space each week to have warm fellowship to dwell on Christ's love.

Has anyone else found they can sense jealous hostile action from the devil to undermine them when they plan to develop and grow as a Christian? I noticed similar negative forces around me when i got baptised and especially as i got confirmed. I know it for what it is and i know the remedy to counteract it. Jesus Christ. Only He can shield and keep us safe from every bad force of the devil. Prayer is the powerful weapon always.
The nearest thing I can think of from my own experience was about ten years ago. I became a teacher for a group at a Southern Baptist ecclesial community. Our group had recently been joined by a convert to the faith, someone who had been raised in witch craft.

At the time, I didn't think much about that. After all, some people come from very dark backgrounds. Dwelling on it was unpleasant so I tended to gloss over it. Seems foolish now. But whether that was the right policy or the wrong policy, it was the policy.

About a year later, the group was in deep trouble. Everybody seemed to have a conflict with everybody else. There wasn't unity in the group like there had been. When I started investigating these different conflicts, this guy from witch craft always seemed to be in the middle of things. Not "some of the time", not "most of the time"; all the time, in every single case.

Now, lest I come off like a wide-eyed, mouth-breathing conspiracy theorist, bear in mind that I started this process as a bit of a skeptic. Subsequent research has since greatly supported what I'm about to say.

I wonder that this guy wasn't a plant. He might've joined this Southern Baptist ecclesial community specifically to sow discord, conflict and division. I have it on very good authority that Satanists will do this. They will join ecclesial communities for the express purpose of destroying the congregation. The most powerful tool in their arsenal is gossip, believe it or not.

In the case of the witch craft guy, I can't help thinking he was rubbing it in our collective face a little bit. A lot of Satanists have nothing but disdain for Wiccans. I'm sure there are exceptions. Satanists aren't exactly a monolithic bunch.

But the fact remains that Satanists largely have zero respect for Wiccans. So the above mentioned person might not have been a former-Wiccan at all. He might very well have been an active Satanist who was destroying my small group with gossip and innuendo because that's kind of what dark forces enjoy doing.

For those looking for a happy ending, unfortunately I can't really give you one. I recognized him as the culprit and I removed him from the group. But the damage was done by then. He'd stolen money and sown hurt and damage that could not be papered over. Knowing what I do now, I believe that it's possible he wasn't an ex-Wiccan but was instead an active Satanist.

Assuming I'm right (and I might be very wrong indeed), I imagine he loved the subterfuge. He could cause harm to one group he hated while pretending to be a member of another group he hated. A double-whammy where his coven of Satanic weirdos get absolutely no blame.

Then again, it's entirely possible that he was a mixed up guy who simply made a lot of stupid decisions. Even so, don't lose sight of the fact that he for sure gossiped like crazy. So whether he did it from abject idiocy or because he served darkness, gossip was his main weapon and it caused a lot of harm, suffering and broken friendships.

It's tempting to think that Satanists would never darken the door of your ecclesial community. But don't kid yourself, it's not only possible, it might even be inevitable. Be prepared and don't ever tolerate gossip.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The nearest thing I can think of from my own experience was about ten years ago. I became a teacher for a group at a Southern Baptist ecclesial community. Our group had recently been joined by a convert to the faith, someone who had been raised in witch craft.

At the time, I didn't think much about that. After all, some people come from very dark backgrounds. Dwelling on it was unpleasant so I tended to gloss over it. Seems foolish now. But whether that was the right policy or the wrong policy, it was the policy.

About a year later, the group was in deep trouble. Everybody seemed to have a conflict with everybody else. There wasn't unity in the group like there had been. When I started investigating these different conflicts, this guy from witch craft always seemed to be in the middle of things. Not "some of the time", not "most of the time"; all the time, in every single case.

Now, lest I come off like a wide-eyed, mouth-breathing conspiracy theorist, bear in mind that I started this process as a bit of a skeptic. Subsequent research has since greatly supported what I'm about to say.

I wonder that this guy wasn't a plant. He might've joined this Southern Baptist ecclesial community specifically to sow discord, conflict and division. I have it on very good authority that Satanists will do this. They will join ecclesial communities for the express purpose of destroying the congregation. The most powerful tool in their arsenal is gossip, believe it or not.

In the case of the witch craft guy, I can't help thinking he was rubbing it in our collective face a little bit. A lot of Satanists have nothing but disdain for Wiccans. I'm sure there are exceptions. Satanists aren't exactly a monolithic bunch.

But the fact remains that Satanists largely have zero respect for Wiccans. So the above mentioned person might not have been a former-Wiccan at all. He might very well have been an active Satanist who was destroying my small group with gossip and innuendo because that's kind of what dark forces enjoy doing.

For those looking for a happy ending, unfortunately I can't really give you one. I recognized him as the culprit and I removed him from the group. But the damage was done by then. He'd stolen money and sown hurt and damage that could not be papered over. Knowing what I do now, I believe that it's possible he wasn't an ex-Wiccan but was instead an active Satanist.

Assuming I'm right (and I might be very wrong indeed), I imagine he loved the subterfuge. He could cause harm to one group he hated while pretending to be a member of another group he hated. A double-whammy where his coven of Satanic weirdos get absolutely no blame.

Then again, it's entirely possible that he was a mixed up guy who simply made a lot of stupid decisions. Even so, don't lose sight of the fact that he for sure gossiped like crazy. So whether he did it from abject idiocy or because he served darkness, gossip was his main weapon and it caused a lot of harm, suffering and broken friendships.

It's tempting to think that Satanists would never darken the door of your ecclesial community. But don't kid yourself, it's not only possible, it might even be inevitable. Be prepared and don't ever tolerate gossip.

Hi
Very interesting case. I think your hunch was correct.
Yes, the devil works in many ways to undermine and destroy people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums