Special Needs "Not Bad Enough".. Considering Homeschooling

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which is why I hope you have everything documented and in your possession. I would expect those who were opposed to the agreement to try and deny to the new administration that it ever was settled.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
We have one last meeting for this year scheduled for next Tuesday. The people present are supposed to be the current principal, assistant principal, and assistant special ed director for the district.

His teachers are not even attempting to look like they are trying anymore. I understand it is the last two weeks of school for the year, but all things considered I would think that they would like to at least appear to be putting in effort. The teachers don't communicate with me at all anymore. All messages from them are passed to me through the assistant principal. All communication from me to them is passed off to the assistant principal to respond to me for them.

I'm very tired.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Odetta

Thankful for grace
Jan 24, 2014
Georgia
✟32,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Can you bring someone to the meeting with you for support? Advocate, lawyer friend, spouse, etc.? Heck, even just a friend who can act like an advocate for the day. So that you don't feel like you're going in there alone. Praying for you and the meeting.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't really have anyone who can go with me. I have asked around about a lawyer, but I don't have money to pay at the time being. My sons' father lives in another state, and he wouldn't care if he did live nearby. I have seen an advocate, but she stays very booked up. I plan to meet with her some more over the summer before school starts again. I have a friend who works in this field, and she went with me to the first IEP this year, but she is too busy to come again.

Thank you both for your support and encouragement.

Upvote 0

overtheline

Fellow Christian
May 27, 2011
washington state
✟15,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We went through a similar problem with my son a few years ago. He started having seizures at school and showing signs of ADHD and autism. We had an IEP on him in preschool and in kindergarten he didn't need one. Halfway through 1st we started seeing problems with the PE teacher and in the classroom. When we asked for an IEP they tested him and found that he was in the middle for all tests..He wasn't able to receive any services...we did decide to pull him and our daughter and homeschool. I am glad I did because we are able to do one-on-one and I was able to see what is being taught. I'm sorry that you are going through all of this, I know there were several times that I felt so alone because we knew something was wrong but they kept saying no to this service and that...hugs

Reactions: JAM2b
Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you.

We were not able to have the meeting today because my son is sick. He was not feeling well last night, but he didn't have fever then or this morning. I sent him to school, and got a call from the nurse that he wasn't feeling but still didn't have fever. I chose to pick him early and take him to the doctor. He has strep throat. His fever didn't hit until this afternoon, 101.9. He has an antibiotic.

The assistant principal said that we can reschedule and meet even after school is out for the summer. I should be getting a call when they can be coordinated for that.

Upvote 0