SpaceJourney! -- space simulation in a first person view!

NNL

Mar 18, 2004
Visit site
✟7,789.00
Faith
Christian
In SpaceJourney, you assume the role of a lone space pilot in a small cruiser. You fly through the galaxy exploring the unknown, from a first person view.

Being that you're the sole commander of your ship, you command it manually from the inside. And not only can you walk inside your small ship, but you can also walk outside of it-- top, sides, bottom and all around the ship; using anti-gravity.

Through your travels you'll run into hazards (like meteors and spiders) which you will shoot with a gun in the style of a first person shooter and enemy spaceships which you will battle through your vessel's defense and weapon systems in the style of a tactical combat game.

It is foremost a sandbox game that combines first person shooting, space simulation and adventure elements.

The objective of this current version of the game is to go to four different sectors and find four pieces to an artifact.

DOWNLOAD

Screens

Controls

Use WASD keys to move forward and strafe.
Press R or Right Mouse Button to switch between hand and gun mode.

Hand mode allows you to pick up objects and click on interface buttons. While gun mode is for shooting enemies and grabbing objects.[/color]

F1 - Help Screen
F2 - Options

Left and Right arrows turn your ship, but only when you are at console at the front of the ship's bridge \ cabin.

esc \ escape - pauses.

The rest of the controls (like for the ship) are pretty self explanatory but feel free to ask! (and there's a help screen to reference)

I have many updates planned, which will include just basic bug-busting but also significant additions, but I feel that this release captures what I had in mind since I started this project. Here's what I have planned in future (potential spoilers):
Interface on laser gun, giving the player more stats when they're away from the ship
- Achievements
- Improved Spiders that can walk around the sides and bottom of the ship, like the player can
- Some more graphical updates (like possible motion blur when warping)
- Communication system (i.e. A radio which can play music and receive distress calls)
- A form of currency and trade with friendly non-player ships.
- being able to save your game
- moar polish!
- items that can be picked up and moved around.
- A tow-able freighter (will expand on this when I get closer to releasing this update)
- boarding enemy vessels and having gun fights
- Sleeping \ dreaming
- moar polish!

Attachments

• SJ_03_18_13_1a.jpg
    SJ_03_18_13_1a.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 178
  • SJ_V1_2_4a.png
    SJ_V1_2_4a.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 104
  • SJ_V1_2_8a.png
    SJ_V1_2_8a.png