Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then avoid placing women and minors under the custody of men. Better take chances having female leaders to take care of women and minors if prior records are uncertain.
It only takes one miss or one mistake and in some cases these are women as well.

Women school teachers have been as likely to abuse minors as men.

Signs are missed. People have to be brave and speak up.

Had a junior officer whose performance was excellent but he could not handle his personal life well. He used to get involved with abusive women.

One Monday morning he came in a bit battered up. His girlfriend roughed him up.

A few months later he got out of the Army.

A few weeks later I get a call from a child development center informing me I was an employer reference for the former junior officer. She told me he would be around children and working with children and if I would vouche for his character and work ethic. I told her about how he was in abusive relationships which turned physical. I did tell her he was the victim. She thanked me and he did not get the job. He came by to see me a few days later and I explained to him what I said to the interviewer. I advised him he needed to continue his counseling and get his life straight before he intends to be mentoring or even watching over other people’s kids. He thanked me and left.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure it is, if we agree sexual abuse is a moral problem, and religion addresses moral problems. I'd call it a depravity problem, an unbridled lust problem, both of which are moral problems in Christianity. That it is a widespread problem, really should not come as a surprise especially to those of us who have grey hairs.

Back in the late 60s, when I was a teen, one of the elders of my church was discovered by his wife in flagrante delicto on their living room floor with a 14-year-old boy. I knew the kid personally.

The church board's attitude toward that was, "Who are we to judge?" And the man retained his position as an elder. That soured me on the congregation leadership for a long time. Well, I guess I'm still sour, but they're all dead now.

But those elders who are sinning you are to reprove before everyone, so that the others may take warning. -- 1 Timothy 5

This is is never done (at least not until the press gets a hold of it, if then), so nobody is ever warned.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It only takes one miss or one mistake and in some cases these are women as well.

Women school teachers have been as likely to abuse minors as men.

Signs are missed. People have to be brave and speak up.

Women still have less chance of being the perpetrator.

While modern (more accurate) statistics have provided higher percentage of female sex offenders, the percentage is still less than male perpetrators.

And somehow, the case of female offenders show recognizable pattern in terms of the offender's race and/or testosterone level. Yes, women also naturally produce testosterone in their bodies and higher levels seem linked with higher offense chance.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,789.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Folks, I think it is time that we all should begin to wonder just how widespread this problem might be? Those who think that it is just a Catholic problem need to wake up and face the facts.

Probably being a bit unfair here, but I happen know that the local Baptist Union are setting up a contingency fund in case there are legal liabilities and compensation to be paid down the track. So it's definitely not just a Catholic issue, but the Catholic Church cops most of the bad publicity.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Huh? Maybe a legal issue here, but not a church issue. Don't you know God loves everyone, he accepts everyone, he indulges everyone. Who cares what your manner of sexual deviation is, come on in and be loved and accepted and nurtured. Bring your sin in with you and God will love you just as much and blah, blah, blah. We are all God's children and he accepts us all so be whatever you want and come to him on your terms and forget whatever his terms might be. Only your terms count when it comes to salvation and justification. These "offenders" are all God's family.

Drivel. Churches are crazy.

Upvote 0