✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
KatherineS said:
I think that is true. So we have one Southern Baptist leader who does not like our Pope and thinks he is a "theological wreck." OK, teh Southern Baptists tend to be the most hardcore. Not all Baptists are Southern Baptists. We have a congregation here of the Progressive National Baptist Convention who I understadn appreciates many of the things Pope Francis has been saying.

American Baptists (Northern Baptists) are quite liberal compared to Southern Baptists. We also have Missionary Baptists, Primitive Baptists, and Free Will Baptists in my area. SBC and Free Will are the majority.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Michie said:
True.

You find Baptists of all stripes making it up as they go along but Moore was respectful in his disagreement & said he did not dislike the Pope & actually agreed with him on a lot of things.

Thank you for your thoughtful post.

Baptists hate the pope. This man's comments are nothing new.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
American Baptists (Northern Baptists) are quite liberal compared to Southern Baptists. We also have Missionary Baptists, Primitive Baptists, and Free Will Baptists in my area. SBC and Free Will are the majority.
you left out Westboro Baptist Church :p

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Rhamiel said:
you left out Westboro Baptist Church :p

They're not from my area. Instead, we've got Tony Alamo's compound about 10 miles from my house. They leave tracts on people's windshields at Walmart. It's actually rather funny.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you fall for it again? :p
No, I thought that was what you were doing but I'm going to keep proclaiming the truth regardless of some existing in liar liar pants on fire land. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KatherineS

Jan 31, 2010
Washington, DC
✟5,152.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status

Yes, I can't imagine American Baptist saying Pope Francis is a theological wreck. I think unlike the Southern Baptist, they actually are not unhappy with him/

Upvote 0