Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This topic is being discussed elsewhere, but I think it deserves a thread in the "Box Office" area too.

I was watching someone on YouTube talk about this movie and how the media slated it as a "Q-Anon" movie when, truly, there was nothing even remotely about whatever that is in the movie. So now I want to go see the movie myself. The premise of it is very interesting anyways, but the media's reaction is giving me an extra push to support this movie.

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I went to go see Sound of Freedom last night and it was a really great movie. I'll admit that I did shed some tears in the movie theater because of the sensitive subject of this movie, but I'm still really glad that I went to see it.

When I went to the theater, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the theater was fully packed with other people too. It was emotional seeing the movie, like I said, but it felt a little better that I wasn't watching it in an empty theater.

At the end of the movie, they presented a QR code to pay it forward and purchase tickets for others who want to see this movie but can't afford it. If you can't afford to see this important movie, you can actually redeem a free ticket through the studio's official website. I'll put a link below.

But I truly think that everyone should see this movie, because the topic of human trafficking is so serious and so widespread. While it's not always stereotypically done like in the movie (many victims know their traffickers or may be related to them) it's still an important movie to raise awareness of the issue.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Sors

Still Love This Movie
Sep 30, 2004
Texas
✟22,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
First off.. the movie was good and I encourage others to go see it. Second off...there was definitely of pressure in conservative circles to see it. I don't doubt that child sex trafficking is a very serious issue and the push back from the the left was almost mortifying. There is this idea that anything the other guy likes I have to hate and vice versa. Unfortunately this seems to have been adopted by everyone.

Upvote 0