Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
When I hear "soulless people" I do think of psychopaths or narcissists (as Friend Of posted). There's even a phrase "a soul with no footprints" related to narcissists - but I'm not even sure if that's the title of a book or what. It seems to apply to the apostate Jewish religious leaders of Jesus' time - so I could see that being written in a book about Revelation.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,407,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I thought I read in the book of Revelation that in the end of times there would be people without souls. On going back, I cannot find this mentioned anywhere; digital Bible word searches and search engines have not yielded any such verses.

I know it can’t be just me, because I have had more than one person bring it up in conversation – though one person identified the sign as some children being born without souls.

The only mention I have found on the internet to this is in the description of an older fictional end times movie that I don’t think I have ever watched. Even if I have, a fictional movie is hardly a good source for important information – especially biblical - and it is unlikely that I would have just accepted it as fact. However, it does show that there seems to be at least one more person - with whom I am not acquainted (the person who added this into the movie) - who is familiar with the idea.

Does anyone know if this is mentioned anywhere in the Bible? Have I simply missed it? If not, where does it come from and why? I would very much like to know.

Thank you for your time.
Hi. I don't know how I missed this thread but I have some thoughts.I have not found that the term soulless in the Bible. In the beginning, man became a living soul Gen.2:7.Man has a spirit,, a soul, and a body.
1 Thes. 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:45
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
Now the living soul (man) was told not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil; and on the day he eats of it he would surly die.So, when the man ate, he became a dead(soul) man walking. It is amazing how that happened, that every other person born after Adam was born a dead soul(walking dead), until he is regenerated by the Holy Spirit and is born again. I think one poster used the word zombie. Essentially, that is what we are until we are born again. I expect some to take offense at this assessment, but Lord Jesus Himself told Nicodemus that you must be born again. So, I don't think there are soulless people as much as there are people who are dead in their souls.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0