Sep 17, 2004
Hong Kong
Visit site
✟17,233.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Just back from week A.The weather was terrible and yes we got flooded.Was in green something.But apart from the weather it was great.All our group are changed and more important then getting a touch from God,they are finally wanting to be active and change things!Yay!

Upvote 0

Barnabas71

Veteran
Nov 4, 2006
✟11,030.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I went to Momentum, and it far exceeded all expectations (as well as New Wine). I have never seen or experiencing firsthand anything quite like it in my life. This may have been due in part because so many of the visitors where quite young - so therefore less inhibited by the working of the Holy Spirit. It was great to be shaking like a cricket and falling about all over the place for a change, and no one to bat an eye lid at me! I kept quiet about going along (no offence to anyone) as I knew beforehand there was going to be a lot to work through with the Lord, and this process was even more intense than I had anticipated.

The weather in that week was the worst of all the soul survivor events, it seemed to rain non stop. When I turned up on the first day, the village I was on was so water logged it was like putting up my tent in a rice paddy field. I kept my boots on throughout the entire stay. Its good the weather had no affect on how blessed everyone was by the event! All in all, it was highly beneficial to me, I am sure I shall go again next year.

Upvote 0

steverock

Veteran
Mar 15, 2004
✟9,039.00
Faith
Christian
Just got back from week B and the camping experience was truly awful this year. We only had really bad weather on the first few days but the mud was horrific. We were camped in white which was basically ground zero for the worst of the conditions (as you probably know if you were there!).

I thought that the event itself seemed to be much better than last year though!

Personally, I stood up to be prayed for to recieve healing for my knee on day four I think and although it wasn't instantly healed something else happened which meant a lot more to me. One of the people who had prayed for me came back a bit later on saying that he felt God was wanting to tell me something. It was something along the lines of "thank you for all you are doing for me, it may seem tough but keep on going". This was exactly what I needed to hear and really moved me!

Also, I think that the knee is definately better than it was - it is not completely healed but it used to hurt when I sat crossed legged in one way and now I can sit however I want without it hurting!! I'll have to wait until I see the doctors again before I really start celebrating that one!

Overall - a cracking soul survivor.

Upvote 0

steverock

Veteran
Mar 15, 2004
✟9,039.00
Faith
Christian
Just wondering if someone could help me out with something.

Tim Hughes had added some new verses to the song Shackles this year that started something like:

"Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air"

Does anyone remember how the rest went because I would like to show them to my churches worship leader because it was so cool - especially on the last night when everyone went mental!!

Upvote 0

BeautifulWorshipper

We are the revival generation.
Jul 25, 2004
✟20,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
IT WAS AMAZING. Something in my heart changed

as for the shackles song,the verses are from another song :)

What happened in everyones week? I was the only girl to wear a dress and wellies on the camp ;) I had an amazing time, prayed for people got prayed for, got changed....oh its endless :)

Upvote 0

BeautifulWorshipper

Jul 25, 2004
✟20,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I loved the mud, i was in green 5 and I wa slucky, it wasnt too bad, but i thought it wouldnt be soul survivor without the mud. It was great ^_^ I was so uncomfortable at night, my sleeping bag was thin as and I brought the wrong sleeping mat so it got wet and cold ^_^, i also stayed up till 6:30 am one day, only went to bed cause I didnt want to be tired for the meetings.

Upvote 0

steverock

Veteran
Mar 15, 2004
✟9,039.00
Faith
Christian
Great to hear that you had such an amazing time!

I felt so harcore camping in White this year - by the toilets the mud was so thick it just covered my shoes - I don't have any wellies so I was just using old shoes all week and avoided my longer jeans!

I stayed up until about 3 most nights. The first night we had someone come over and say that we had woken up his 5 year old (at about 1) and then his wife (who had just had surgery on Thursday) at about 2. We just couldn't believe that he expected to go to Soul Survivor and for his wife and kid to get a good nights sleep - either you bring earplugs or an iPod or its not going to happen! We were getting worried we were going to have this all week but everyone else in the area started staying up late after that night which meant that it was OK.

I would have stayed up all night on the final night but I had to drive back the following day so I made myself get some sleep at 4-ish. Fairplay for staying up until 6:30 during the week!! I could never do that it would wipe me out for the week.

I thought that the talks during the main meetings this year were brilliant. The only one that sounded familiar was J Johns but then about 800 people became christians so I'm not about to complain!!!!

And of course - Spoken Groove were at their usual brilliant best!

Upvote 0

BeautifulWorshipper

Jul 25, 2004
✟20,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure they bring J-John in every year to do the same talk FOR non christians, he even told uas he was doing it FOR non christians^_^

get touched by the holy spirit at all?

well it wasnt the last nightit was the night before the last night, but the adrenilin kept me going off three hours sleep ^_^ Its funny, I was thinking about you this week, withyour knees.

I got SO much mor eout of it this year, I mean last year it was the main meetings and a FEW seminars and then i ddin't know what to do cause i ddin't know what to expect ^_^

Upvote 0

steverock

Veteran
Mar 15, 2004
✟9,039.00
Faith
Christian
I'm sure they bring J-John in every year to do the same talk FOR non christians, he even told uas he was doing it FOR non christians^_^

get touched by the holy spirit at all?

well it wasnt the last nightit was the night before the last night, but the adrenilin kept me going off three hours sleep ^_^ Its funny, I was thinking about you this week, withyour knees.

I got SO much mor eout of it this year, I mean last year it was the main meetings and a FEW seminars and then i ddin't know what to do cause i ddin't know what to expect ^_^
Cheers for thinking of me - that was nice!

I stood up for have prayer for healing for my knee on night four I think and I have a feeling it my have been healed. I still have some swelling and stuff but I can't feel the injury itself at all so hopefully God healed that - I will find out on Wednesday when I see the doctor!

Like I said a few posts above God spoke to me through someone who prayed for me for my knee saying "Thank you for all your doing for me, I know its tough but keep on going" which is exactly what I needed to hear. I realised as I was going to sleep that night that if I didn't bust my knee I probably wouldn't have stood up for prayer and wouldn't have been spoken to in that way so God's really made the most out of that situation!

I really got into the musical worship this year. Really connected with God during the times of worship. I felt sorry for the people in front of me though! I don't have exactly a great singing voice but I was still belting them out :)! I can't stop playing guitar now - I was playing loads before I left and now I'm back I can't stop playing!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

steverock

Veteran
Mar 15, 2004
✟9,039.00
Faith
Christian
I play guitar and I sing, luckily singing is an annointed gift from God for me so I love sung worship becuase I can use my gift :D I cant put my guitar down either. What have you got?

I went to some amazing seminars :D
My guitar's a cheapo one from ebuyer because I bought it just to see if I could pick it up. But it sounds really good for such a cheap guitar (I think it was about £60). I will probably get a better one in about 6 months or so.

I'm itching to get back and run audio for my church because of how good the music sounded. One of the things that I was thinking during the worship was how good it was sounding from a technical point of view as well as musically. Looking forward to attempting to get close to that.

What seminars did you go to? I only managed one this year because I was enjoying hanging out with people, playing a bit of guitar and generally relaxing. The one I went to was called "Pursuing your dreams" or something like that by the guys from Spoken Groove. It was a very inspiring seminar with some really good advice from guys who have been pursuing what God has called them to do.

Upvote 0

BeautifulWorshipper

Jul 25, 2004
✟20,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I went to a soul action one about poverty on the firs tmorning with one of my youth leaders little girl, then I went to all three souls ista ones, one about songwriting by tim hughes, a vocal workshop so six in total of 11 I could go too. But I ddi alot :D

Upvote 0

steverock

Veteran
Mar 15, 2004
✟9,039.00
Faith
Christian
I went to a soul action one about poverty on the firs tmorning with one of my youth leaders little girl, then I went to all three souls ista ones, one about songwriting by tim hughes, a vocal workshop so six in total of 11 I could go too. But I ddi alot :D
I was going to go to the other one by Timbo but I forgot when it was on - a bit gutted about that one really.
I like Soul Sista because it gives the blokes a good window of opportunity for try and grab a shower without having to queue for too long :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

steverock

Veteran
Mar 15, 2004
✟9,039.00
Faith
Christian
I seriously wouldn't be able to do it justice online. I didn't hear it in Soul Man this year I heard it a few years back in the main meeting so I'm a bit fuzzy on the specifics. I will try and talk to someone who went with me that year and get the info. But I'll still have a go...

All I can remember is he related sex to eating a cake (which he called "Cakey"). There was some drawback to eating it before you were supposed to (this is the specific I can't remember which is a kind of important specific!!!) but if you keep on looking at the cake you are going to be tempted to have a little bit. Therefore Mikes advice was "Don't open the fridge!".

Obviously it was about 100 times funnier than that because of the way he told it a dragged it out. Everyone in the tent was in hysterics! I know I haven't laughed so much in a service before or since!!!

Upvote 0

hammer27

May 29, 2006
Essex
✟15,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just wondering if someone could help me out with something.

Tim Hughes had added some new verses to the song Shackles this year that started something like:

"Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air"

Does anyone remember how the rest went because I would like to show them to my churches worship leader because it was so cool - especially on the last night when everyone went mental!!

The verses are from a famous song by The Source/Candy Staton called "You've got the love". A christian song adapted for the pop charts like Shackles.

It went - "Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air, I know I can count on you, sometimes I feel like saying Lord I just dont care, but You've got the love I need to see me through".

Try and get the New Voyager radio remix - it is class - was in top 5 in charts this year I think.

Upvote 0

worshipleader2b

He's set this captive free
Sep 3, 2005
England
✟2,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I went to week A and thought it was brilliant. I was at the Soul Man seminars, this is my recall of the cake story.

As already said, it's about avoiding sexual temptation. Mike had a cake in the fridge which was defrosting as he had visitors coming around the next day. He'd just got home in the evening from speaking at a conference, and was going to get a glass of water and go to bed. But, he remembered about the cake and wanted to make sure it was defrosting ok/see if it needed to stay outside the fridge overnight. He was looking at it, and couldn't tell, and all of a sudden the cake (cakey) talked to him, and told him that the only way he could find out if it was defrosted yet was to run his finger along the outside and taste the cream. Mike thought there was no harm in this, and did so. Cakey and Mike were talking, as you do, and cakey said 'well, if you really want to be sure, you can have the smallest little piece of me, to properly check - you don't want the cake to taste bad for your guests do you?' Mike agreed with cakey, and took a small slice, and ate it, and eventually ate the whole cake as it was so nice - and clearly, defrosted. Although the cake tasted nice, he felt sick as soon as he'd finished eating it - just the same with sin.

The morale of the story - don't open the fridge door. That's the first step, that's giving the devil an entrance. If he'd never opened the fridge door, he'd never have succumbed to the temptation. (If you're not aware, Mike Pilavachi isn't the thinnest of people and likes his food).

I think that's it, hope that's helpful :D

Reactions: Barnabas71
Upvote 0