sometimes old school is better..... sometimes......

ISteveB

Sep 17, 2020
Northern Nevada
✟25,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm an old rocker..... At a certain point in my youth I became enchanted by the guitar.
during my early years as a believer, I heard about a guy who was a catholic monk, and he happened to have once been a guitarist in a band that wasn't long lived, but it was similar to the band- The Eagles.
He'd become a believer, and played a really good guitar. So I decided to look him up.
His name....
John Michael Talbot, and his brother, Terry Talbot.
John Michael is still a catholic monk, and still plays liturgical music, and is pretty good. Which coming from a guy who doesn't like man's religion is saying something.
Off an early album they did, The Painter, there are a handful of songs that I absolutely love. One such song is---

Advent Suite, Part 1

and another.
The Mystery

And yet another, but this one with Michael Card.
One Faith

So..... if you're a guitar lover, and like to explore...... Enjoy......

ISteveB

Sep 17, 2020
Northern Nevada
✟25,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John Michael Talbot is pretty cool. And some Catholic Priests are into contemporary worship music. But it’s often got a softer, more acoustic sound.

God bless you, brother.

You too.
John is a Franciscan too.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Victor in Christ

Jehovah Tsidkenu
Jun 9, 2020
British Isles
✟17,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its hard to hear what their singing (clouded/unclear like filling a chapel with smoke) seems dreamlike just for emotions, as if your smoking weed. Very little edifying, reality or praise to Christ in it.

Maybe its just me

Last edited:
Upvote 0