Something's after me. Please pray for me.

SvN.7

May 2, 2018
Sydney
✟27,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi all,

Please pray for me as I have been feeling very depressed, anxious and stressed for the past few months. I think most of my depression comes from the fact that I feel lonely, or that I'll forever be alone because I don't meet the requirements to be with someone? I'm sure someone can relate to this.

I think this feeling kicked in when majority of my family members left for various reasons, like getting married and whatnot and leaving me with my mum, not that it's an issue of course. But when my family and relatives visit, this feeling of depression and uncertainty go away until they leave, then it'll kick in again and put me in a horrible mood like something is wrong.

I was visiting my brother not long ago and he had several of his friends over, and for a minute I envied what was going on at his place. There were people, activities, conversations, and a whole lot of entertainment going on and I just couldn't participate because the nagging thought of my mum being home alone was killing me, and the fact that I didn't live at my brother's place bothered me even more. I've never felt this way before and I'm surprised it's even happening.

I just don't know how to explain it. Most of the time I feel like something is missing, or that I'm alone because no one is around most of the time except my mum, and when I do try to leave, I'll start feeling awful leaving my mum at home alone. It's a sick feeling.

I connected with an old acquaintance not long ago who randomly told me that a demon(s) was after me. That it was trying to hurt me or keep me down for whatever reason. I don't recall his exact words, but it went something like that. This guy is a devoted Christian and probably loves Jesus more than anyone else. I believe he has a gift of discernment and seeing things that others wouldn't be able to pick and I believed his word.

If a demon is truly after me, then please pray for me. I've been feeling so awful lately that I began to shed a few tears on my way home tonight and suicide thoughts popped in my mind.

I hope that makes sense. I just don't know how to explain this weird feeling but I'm very burdened by it.

Long story short - I'm feeling empty, lonely, and someone believes a demon is after me.

God bless.

Last edited:

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not weird to feel lonely and lost. Just you searching for a sense of belonging and having what feels like a fulfilled life. As for feeling guilty remember even Jesus who gave his whole life to God gave time to his family and friends. Whether it was at the Wedding of Cana with his mom or alone with his disciples who he said were his friends.

So it wouldn't be wrong for you to be with people other than your mom, also could go places with your mom. Long as you include both in your life with love, you're free to go and come as needed. I'll pray for you as asked, I hope you find what you need going forward and feel better. May in the Lord you're blessed by God!

• Friendly
Reactions: SvN.7
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Please pray for me as I have been feeling very depressed, anxious and stressed for the past few months. I think most of my depression comes from the fact that I feel lonely, or that I'll forever be alone because I don't meet the requirements to be with someone? I'm sure someone can relate to this.

I think this feeling kicked in when majority of my family members left for various reasons, like getting married and whatnot and leaving me with my mum, not that it's an issue of course. But when my family and relatives visit, this feeling of depression and uncertainty go away until they leave, then it'll kick in again and put me in a horrible mood like something is wrong.

I was visiting my brother not long ago and he had several of his friends over, and for a minute I envied what was going on at his place. There were people, activities, conversations, and a whole lot of entertainment going on and I just couldn't participate because the nagging thought of my mum being home alone was killing me, and the fact that I didn't live at my brother's place bothered me even more. I've never felt this way before and I'm surprised it's even happening.

I just don't know how to explain it. Most of the time I feel like something is missing, or that I'm alone because no one is around most of the time except my mum, and when I do try to leave, I'll start feeling awful leaving my mum at home alone. It's a sick feeling.

I connected with an old acquaintance not long ago who randomly told me that a demon(s) was after me. That it was trying to hurt me or keep me down for whatever reason. I don't recall his exact words, but it went something like that. This guy is a devoted Christian and probably loves Jesus more than anyone else. I believe he has a gift of discernment and seeing things that others wouldn't be able to pick and I believed his word.

If a demon is truly after me, then please pray for me. I've been feeling so awful lately that I began to shed a few tears on my way home tonight and suicide thoughts popped in my mind.

I hope that makes sense. I just don't know how to explain this weird feeling but I'm very burdened by it.

Long story short - I'm feeling empty, lonely, and someone believes a demon is after me.

God bless.
When I entered this thread, the atmosphere around me changed quite bit. If it's a reflection of what's going on over where you are, it seems like the soul is collapsing inwards. It might help to re-orient the eyes of your heart outward instead of inward. There's balance in everything.

Upvote 0

SvN.7

May 2, 2018
Sydney
✟27,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
When I entered this thread, the atmosphere around me changed quite bit. If it's a reflection of what's going on over where you are, it seems like the soul is collapsing inwards. It might help to re-orient the eyes of your heart outward instead of inward. There's balance in everything.

Sorry, I don't understand. Can you please elaborate?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, I don't understand? Can you please elaborate?

It's kind of like when driving, if you focus on the side of the road, you'll eventually go off road.

In a similar way, if I focus on only depressing thoughts, then these thoughts take me captive.

Sometimes a change of scenery and a new activity helps to re-direct the direction of the mind and heart.

Sometimes I find it helpful to confess sins to clear out the debris that blocks the light. In this case the Romans 14 saying "anything that does not come from faith is sin" may assist in discerning.

Upvote 0

SvN.7

May 2, 2018
Sydney
✟27,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's kind of like when driving, if you focus on the side of the road, you'll eventually go off road.

In a similar way, if I focus on only depressing thoughts, then these thoughts take me captive.

Sometimes a change of scenery and a new activity helps to re-direct the direction of the mind and heart.

Sometimes I find it helpful to confess sins to clear out the debris that blocks the light. In this case the Romans 14 saying "anything that does not come from faith is sin" may assist in discerning.

I've tried, oh believe me I've tried everything but to no avail. I wake up to these thoughts and sleep to these thoughts and I just cannot get rid of them because they're accompanied by strange tight feelings in the chest as well. It's really strange.

How did the atmosphere change around you though?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I've tried, oh believe me I've tried everything but to no avail. I wake up to these thoughts and sleep to these thoughts and I just cannot get rid of them because they're accompanied by strange tight feelings in the chest as well. It's really strange.

How did the atmosphere change around you though?
It was like it went from being light hearted to very heavy, feelings like I was trapped, and could not get out, a incense of despair. There's a unity in the body, so I just go with it.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

SvN.7

May 2, 2018
Sydney
✟27,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It was like it went from being light hearted to very heavy, feelings like I was trapped, and could not get out, a incense of despair. There's a unity in the body, so I just go with it.

Wow, that's interesting, and yet similar to what I'm feeling except there's the addition of loneliness as well.

God bless you, Michael.

Upvote 0

Justasurvivor

Mar 5, 2019
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟12,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi all,

God bless.

well I've been stuck in virtual school for 5 years and my only social involvement is through the internet and if you met me in real life you would think that I'm creepy as hell so yeah I understand what you are saying

Upvote 0