Something really funny happened to me on Tinder just now...

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I will delete the APP in a few weeks; I just like to look an see what is out there and laugh.

Anyway - matched with some woman and I said to her *ALWAYS TRUST IN THE LORD*

Her response was *I AM AN ATHEIST - JUST THOUGHT YOU LOOKED CUTE*

Then further on she said she doesn't believe cos *science explains all and religion doesn't*.

Conversation went on further - she said she will never become a believer ever. An said we need to enjoy life now cos there is not afterlife etc etc etc.

She then finished the conversation by saying

*YOU HAVE A NICE SMILE - SHAME YOU ARE CRAZY*

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Yeah man!

I see why scripture makes it clear that both man and woman must be EVENLY YOKED!!!!!

:amen:

Just thought I would share that funny story with the CF singles :joycat::joycat::joycat::joycat::joycat:

MasterYourLife

Jun 26, 2019
LONDON
✟13,032.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I will delete the APP in a few weeks; I just like to look an see what is out there and laugh.

Then further on she said she doesn't believe cos *science explains all and religion doesn't*.

Conversation went on further - she said she will never become a believer ever. An said we need to enjoy life now cos there is not afterlife etc etc etc.

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Yeah man!

I see why scripture makes it clear that both man and woman must be EVENLY YOKED!!!!!

Just thought I would share that funny story with the CF singles :joycat::joycat::joycat::joycat::joycat:
Flirting with sin leads to the broad path.

Upvote 0

Romans 8

Site Supporter
Feb 16, 2019
Canada
✟137,253.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah man!

Hallelujah! I would not even dream of dating/courting a non-believer. A woman like that would make you crazy. And there are thousands more behind her. Check out the website, "Christian dating for free".

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was flirting with sin? How?
Don't you see the message I am trying to tell people? #Facepalm

He probably feels the conversation is pointless given the medium and your struggles. In your mind you are sharing something funny. To the mature believer you’re holding on to something you’re struggling to relinquish.

Tinder is a hook up app. You wouldn’t expect enlightened discussions or believers either. Especially those strong in their faith. The discussion goes along with the territory.

I used to see Christians on the forum I frequented. It wasn’t godly and their participation did nothing for their witness save the notion of hypocrisy and backsliding.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 7:6 says, "“Don’t waste what is holy on people who are unholy. Don’t throw your pearls to pigs! They will trample the pearls, then turn and attack you."

In other words, Do not waste good things on people who will not appreciate them.

I, too, had the misfortune to be involved in a inappropriate content and gore site during the time I was coming to Christ. They eventually banned me for "proselytizing". I fear, out of all the members on that board, only one will repent and be in Heaven with me.

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hallelujah! I would not even dream of dating/courting a non-believer. A woman like that would make you crazy. And there are thousands more behind her. Check out the website, "Christian dating for free".
I was just playing along with the conversation - not looking into any sites!

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To the mature believer you’re holding on to something you’re struggling to relinquish.
Yeah that is true! But, the great news is (is there any great news? :O) OH YES! Sorry there is! Tomorrow I will be ushering at my church! Funeral service - but now I can be hands on like I have always wanted to be at my church! I know the medium has a bad rep! Look I was being curious......I know it doesn't excuse! But it does highlight the madness of the world - very ungodly.

Tinder is a hook up app. You wouldn’t expect enlightened discussions or believers either. Especially those strong in their faith. The discussion goes along with the territory.
I know - I know - I know - I know.........it is amazing when you have so much time on your hands - I did read scripture today - look I thought it was amusing in once sense but shows just how many people are damning themselves at the same time. I will be deleting it! I will...............................

I used to see Christians on the forum I frequented. It wasn’t godly and their participation did nothing for their witness save the notion of hypocrisy and backsliding.
Yes.

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I, too, had the misfortune to be involved in a inappropriate content and gore site during the time I was coming to Christ. They eventually banned me for "proselytizing". I fear, out of all the members on that board, only one will repent and be in Heaven with me.
Ah wow.

Look I will be deleting it all!!!!

I know it is trash - look ah see....................................nevermind can't be bothered to talk now - i am dispirited atm

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Tomorrow I will be ushering at my church! Funeral service - but now I can be hands on like I have always wanted to be at my church! I know the medium has a bad rep! Look I was being curious......I know it doesn't excuse! But it does highlight the madness of the world - very ungodly.

That’s a good start. I hope you’ll have other opportunities to serve.

I’ve never been on Tinder. I was warned against it last year. My curiosity has taken me places I shouldn’t have gone. Being around things which don’t edify God will eventually rub off. Afterward, you’re picking up the pieces wishing you’d left it alone.

look I thought it was amusing in once sense but shows just how many people are damning themselves at the same time.

You have no idea what you’re fighting. You don’t see what afflicts you. If you did, you’d cry out in agony for yourself and others. What you don’t realize is he’s laughing at you laughing at them.

Pep talks aren’t freedom or deliverance. You can’t Tony Robbins your way to sanctification. You need to operate in the power of His Spirit. Not yours.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yeah
What you don’t realize is he’s laughing at you laughing at them.

Pep talks aren’t freedom or deliverance. You can’t Tony Robbins your way to sanctification. You need to operate in the power of His Spirit. Not yours.
ok - only God sees my sick, corrupt, complex, hurt mind - i dunno what else to say whatever init

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yeah
What you don’t realize is he’s laughing at you laughing at them.

ok - only God sees my sick, corrupt, complex, hurt mind - i dunno what else to say whatever init

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I’ve never been on Tinder. I was warned against it last year. My curiosity has taken me places I shouldn’t have gone. Being around things which don’t edify God will eventually rub off. Afterward, you’re picking up the pieces wishing you’d left it alone.

You have no idea what you’re fighting. You don’t see what afflicts you. If you did, you’d cry out in agony for yourself and others. What you don’t realize is he’s laughing at you laughing at them.

I just wanna be whole :'(

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You can’t be whole until you realize you’re getting in His way. Instead of joking put up a prayer request and admit the temptation and struggle. That’s just a mind game to keep you from realizing the problem and recognizing your bondage.

You’re consumed with women. Until you face it you’ll go around this mountain many times and your wilderness will be long. Call it what it is. You’re addicted.

That’s why “will be deleting” hasn’t occurred. You don’t see the leaven because you think you can handle it but its handling you and has been for a while.

Upvote 0

J Daniel

Jul 14, 2019
Thornton Heath
✟20,323.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can’t be whole until you realize you’re getting in His way
Yeah - I can't be open here too public.
Instead of joking put up a prayer request and admit the temptation and struggle
Yes and there is a trigger behind it all too.
That’s just a mind game to keep you from realizing the problem and recognizing your bondage.
I know where it all comes from.
You’re addicted.
Reason behind it. Not black and white.
That’s why “will be deleting” hasn’t occurred. You don’t see the leaven because you think you can handle it but its handling you and has been for a while.
Yeah more to this all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Yeah man!

That was funny! Oh and I don't know about mature Christians seeing anything negative with what you posted, but self righteous ones ummm yeah...

Upvote 0

MasterYourLife

Jun 26, 2019
LONDON
✟13,032.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
There was some guy I was talking to on plenty of fish a couple of days ago. I was double checking that he wasn’t Christian cuz I wasn’t sure and also hoping maybe I was misunderstanding. He said he was a heathen. It was unfortunate cuz I liked his profile. I said he was cool but it wouldn’t work cuz he wasn’t Christian. He then asked me basically how I feel God if I feel God. We talked about religion for a little bit for that night but I haven’t heard from him since.

There was another guy I asked the same thing of cuz I was hoping the same thing but he is agnostic. I haven’t asked anyone else that question again cuz I realized after doing it twice that if they are a Christian they just say so not select the other option. He grew up Christian but isn’t anymore. I told him that I’m looking for a Christian man a couple of days ago. Last night he contacted me to ask how my search was going and said that if I changed my mind to let him know. I admit it’s pretty tempting cuz except for faith he’s attractive and stuff. Plus it seems like the Christian guys I’m into aren’t into me.
From my experience, you're better off going to youth groups in church to meet people. I know there may be a sense of urgency to get into a relationship. But when you don't look is when you'll find. What I mean is: you'll meet someone you don't imagine being with and you'll click like a perfect bond; you'll have that instant friendship connection.
Dating sites however, are sadly vain. You look for superficial reasons to date someone, and this creates an unstable ground for relationship.

Just remember that it's possible to fall in love with an unbeliever. This is where it becomes a dangerous territory for Christians. The Bible transparently says, that we are not to be unequally yoked to unbelievers.

Referencing my earlier comment, this is the warning I gave to our friend, that he is flirting with sin.

It's very easy to "accidentally" invest your emotions into unlawful things.

You just want a taste of what it's like to be in a relationship with the person you admire. So you send a message here and there; before you know it you're dating them.

Reactions: sea5763
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don’t advise missional dating or contemplating unsaved prospects. It never goes the way you expect. You’re imagining it won’t take that long and you can handle it. But that’s rarely the case.

Lee Strobel addressed the issue in Surviving a Spiritual Mismatch in Marriage. According to the statistics, women come to faith much sooner than men.

This corroborates what I’ve seen with two church members; 20 and 30 years respectively. And other authors on the subject including Nancy Kennedy, Lynn Donovan, and Dineen Miller. They’ve been waiting for decades.

Some of them intentionally disregarded God’s word and have repented since that time. Its been a hard road for all of them.

It may take time to find the right person. But a godly companion is worth the wait. What you gain in shortcuts you’ll pay for later in disappointment and regret.

Upvote 0