Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are also the 'Free Gift by Grace' Christians who believe that it does not matter what other folks do, say or believe, only 'they' can reach salvation because they were 'nominated' at the beginning.
Kind of touches on the subject my pastor preached today. I'll see if it's posted and share if you want.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We might not need it, but we nearly all have beliefs.
On a forum where lots of atheists post I once ran a thread, asking about superstitions, ghosts, spirits etc etc...... So many atheists explained how they do have superstitions etc...... much to the horror of more extremist atheists! And when the extremists were questioned they were tripping over little beliefs themselves. It was amazing!

Honestly, it can be most instructive..... delving into atheists' deep convictions about such things. :)
Indeed. There is no human who is devoid of beliefs.

And atheism can come across as a religion for some.

Some can be as dogmatic as some Christians.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Could you describe your foundation, please?

I'm not sure that all Christians would accept your foundation.
Foundation as in theological foundation concerning beliefs?

I think I posted the Biblical and historic Christian foundation in this post:

Something I'd like to know

Summarized: the Incarnation, Ministry, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ is the foundation of the Christian church.

• Agree
Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

eider

Jun 25, 2017
canterbury
✟16,982.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Kind of touches on the subject my pastor preached today. I'll see if it's posted and share if you want.
OK.....
The 'dispensation' Christians can be a bit 'stuck-up' about their salvation, if you know what I mean. :)

Upvote 0

eider

Jun 25, 2017
canterbury
✟16,982.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Indeed. There is no human who is devoid of beliefs.

And atheism can come across as a religion for some.

Some can be as dogmatic as some Christians.

Absolutely!
There are kinds of dogmatic mindset....
Political
Racial
Cultural
Social
..... it goes on......
Humans can pick up dogma ....... full stop. :)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK.....
The 'dispensation' Christians can be a bit 'stuck-up' about their salvation, if you know what I mean. :)
Hard to say.

From a Biblical perspective? Salvation is what it is...a Sovereign gift of God.

My tagline has a few good hints.

Upvote 0

eider

Jun 25, 2017
canterbury
✟16,982.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Foundation as in theological foundation concerning beliefs?

I think I posted the Biblical and historic Christian foundation in this post:

Something I'd like to know

Summarized: the Incarnation, Ministry, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ is the foundation of the Christian church.

Yes..... OK. Thanks for that.
And yet...... so many Christians believe that so many other Christians are wrong, doomed, etc....

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes..... OK. Thanks for that.
And yet...... so many Christians believe that so many other Christians are wrong, doomed, etc....
The crux of the sermon today addressed some of that.

Meaning in Romans 14:1-12 there are things we can all differ on and are told not to hold each other in judgment.

However, there are boundaries and if we flip to 1 Corinthians 6, we see some.

At the heart of every cult is the notion "Jesus plus something." Meaning yeah they preach the gospel but then tell you only their pastors, elders etc can give you the Holy Spirit. Or do these things as necessary for righteousness---legalism.

The worst cults, like the Jim Jones one, self proclaim their leaders as infallible speakers of truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eider

Jun 25, 2017
canterbury
✟16,982.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hard to say.

From a Biblical perspective? Salvation is what it is...a Sovereign gift of God.

My tagline has a few good hints.

and your tag:- For this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (Matthew 26:28)

.... which is why the Immerser's and Yeshua's disciples had been confessing and immersing sinners for the remission of their sins. No need for sacrifice in a corrupted Temple system. Hosea's call: Mercy before Sacrifice!

No wonder Yeshua Demonstrated in, and picketed the Temple Courts, two days running.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Meaning in Romans 14:1-12 there are things we can all differ on and are told not to hold each other in judgment.

At the heart of every cult is the notion "Jesus plus something." Meaning yeah they preach the gospel but then tell you only their pastors, elders etc can give you the Holy Spirit. Or do these things as necessary for righteousness---legalism.

The worst cults, like the Jim Jones one, self proclaim their leaders as infallible speakers of truth.
Wow thank you

My "dogma" which I have learned is this:

JESUS..,
Plus

Nothing and no thing

(1 Corinthians 3)

And I have also found that the only "thing" that can be added to THE FOUNDATION is love

Love of GOD and love of the souls of all men

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

eider

Jun 25, 2017
canterbury
✟16,982.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

I've never heard of Jim Jones. I live in UK.
I will look him up on the jolly old www....

Paul said it: Many Prophets are false. You can sprinkle that with some priests, methinks.

I once met a man in London, posing as a priest and auto-suggesting to young followers that they could be closer to God through him..... if you get what I mean. I asked him if and how he was ordained and he answered, 'Ordained Directly by God!'
Last I heard of him he was convicted of sex crimes and locked up.

• Informative
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and your tag:- For this is My blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (Matthew 26:28)

.... which is why the Immerser's and Yeshua's disciples had been confessing and immersing sinners for the remission of their sins. No need for sacrifice in a corrupted Temple system. Hosea's call: Mercy before Sacrifice!

No wonder Yeshua Demonstrated in, and picketed the Temple Courts, two days running.
Wow. Then you will have much difficulty coming before the throne without the right COVERING

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've never heard of Jim Jones. I live in UK.
I will look him up on the jolly old www....

Paul said it: Many Prophets are false. You can sprinkle that with some priests, methinks.

I once met a man in London, posing as a priest and auto-suggesting to young followers that they could be closer to God through him..... if you get what I mean. I asked him if and how he was ordained and he answered, 'Ordained Directly by God!'
Last I heard of him he was convicted of sex crimes and locked up.
It depends on who sent those "prophets"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.