Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
then why are you asserting that other people in these threads are not true christians?

I asked you why ypu would use the name PseudoChristian. Why, if you were a real one? Care to answer?

It is by their fruit that we know them. In this medium, it's words that we read that says a lot. Sarcasm, even with an "lolol" cn be easily misread in view of other posts by the same poster.

Upvote 0

neunown

Feb 10, 2003
✟395.00
Marital Status
Private
I asked you why ypu would use the name PseudoChristian. Why, if you were a real one? Care to answer?
because i witness individuals such as yourself accusing others of not being true christians (even in the context of recent threads such as this one), which at one time was against forum rules if im not mistaken

It is by their fruit that we know them.
who is 'we'?

In this medium, it's words that we read that says a lot. Sarcasm, even with an "lolol" cn be easily misread in view of other posts by the same poster.
;) thats why its good not to project judgements

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
because i witness individuals such as yourself accusing others of not being true christians (even in the context of recent threads such as this one), which at one time was against forum rules if im not mistaken."

When someone is not a true Christian, it does not mean they are not a Christian. Just like a husband who cheats on his wife is not true. Yet? He is her husband. Someone can be the Lord's child. But, this child is not true to the Lord. Yet, he is still the Lord's child.

Many live this way. Many are untrue.

Philippians 3:17-19 (New International Version)
"Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you. For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach [emotions], and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things."

Paul was speaking of believers. Ones who were not being true to their Lord. They were not true Christians... but they were Christian.

Passage results

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
because i witness individuals such as yourself accusing others of not being true christians (even in the context of recent threads such as this one), which at one time was against forum rules if im not mistaken

That is not an answer. Why did you choose such a name? Was it to inflame? Draw attention to yourelf? Or is it your sarcastic wit coming forward?

Do you think it brings glory to God to have you known by such a name? Does it inspire confidence in you as a servant of Christ by fellow believers or seekers?

who is 'we'?
Christians. I was quoting Scripture.

thats why its good not to project judgements

That's why its good to be upfront and not use sarcasm. We are always making judgments. We are called to do so in the Word.

Upvote 0

neunown

Feb 10, 2003
✟395.00
Marital Status
Private
When someone is not a true Christian, it does not mean they are not a Christian. Just like a husband who cheats on his wife is not true. Yet? He is her husband. Someone can be the Lord's child. But, this child is not true to the Lord. Yet, he is still the Lord's child.
:) well, this is as good a response as ive heard as any; but wouldnt this apply to all christians universally?

Upvote 0

neunown

Feb 10, 2003
✟395.00
Marital Status
Private
That is not an answer.
:) oh yes, it is an answer; it may simply be one that you reject; if you wish greater specificity, then simply ask your question with greater specificity; i'll be glad to answer any sincere question

Why did you choose such a name? Was it to inflame?
uumm, well i only called 'myself' a pseudo-christian, so i must just be inflaming myself; i never called you any names, did i? you just called a group of people pseudo-christians yourself; and youre mad at me?

Draw attention to yourelf?
:holy: you seem to be the one parading the word around; you mention it more than i do; i dont even bring the term up unless someone wants to poke jolly reference at my username such as yourself; but that typically only occurs if someone may have a disagreement on some doctrinal stance in a debate context

Or is it your sarcastic wit coming forward?
oop, personality conflict starting here; would i be correct in assuming some underlying point of contention on your part?

Do you think it brings glory to God to have you known by such a name? Does it inspire confidence in you as a servant of Christ by fellow believers or seekers?
not my immediate priority, but i generally look at people's behavior first, prior to rendering character judgments

Christians. I was quoting Scripture.
and who specifically are the christians in the applicational context of your scripture reference? you had referenced that one is and another isnt, despite identical professions of both

That's why its good to be upfront and not use sarcasm. We are always making judgments. We are called to do so in the Word.
;) there is a vast difference between rendering judgments and projecting them outward onto others

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
:) oh yes, it is an answer; it may simply be one that you reject; if you wish greater specificity, then simply ask your question with greater specificity; i'll be glad to answer any sincere question

uumm, well i only called 'myself' a pseudo-christian, so i must just be inflaming myself; i never called you any names, did i? you just called a group of people pseudo-christians yourself; and youre mad at me?

:holy: you seem to be the one parading the word around; you mention it more than i do; i dont even bring the term up unless someone wants to poke jolly reference at my username such as yourself; but that typically only occurs if someone may have a disagreement on some doctrinal stance in a debate context

oop, personality conflict starting here; would i be correct in assuming some underlying point of contention on your part?

not my immediate priority, but i generally look at people's behavior first, prior to rendering character judgments

and who specifically are the christians in the applicational context of your scripture reference? you had referenced that one is and another isnt, despite identical professions of both

;) there is a vast difference between rendering judgments and projecting them outward onto others

Oh, how lovely...

the point by point exhaustive approach...

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:) well, this is as good a response as ive heard as any; but wouldnt this apply to all christians universally?

Some get offended if we doubt their Christianity. They scream 'forum rules.'

Yet, some who claim to be Christian (I can not say if they are, or are not) ask questions that would make one wonder if they even know what Christianity is.

Upvote 0

Eph. 3:20

Aug 19, 2004
Santa Clarita, Ca.
✟778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
FA and others.....

It would seem (at least to me), that a thorough examination of this dialog we have been having should reveal something to you. That through the many scripture passages that have been presented to you demonstrating that polygamy was not only supported by Levitical Law, but never condemned, rebuked or punished. It was even mandated under certain circumstances (Lev. 25).

Throughout the dialog, scripture wasn't presented as a point of contention, but instead insults and demeaning remarks were made, primarily by one person. I would think, the lack of Biblical evidence, would make a true seeker and follower of God's Word, stop and re-examine his/her position on the matter
and/or say to himself/herself... Wait, there's something here I don't understand. But instead, there has been little to refute the evidence presented, only human opinions given, which do little to reveal Divine Truth.

As I have stated, in other threads... If you closely examine the subject and while looking at the Biblical evidence or lack thereof and do not change your mind or even question why, then I say stick to your beliefs if that serves you. Hold tight and do not waiver. For your ideas about right and wrong are your definitions about who you are. Yet do not require that others define themselves according to your terms And don't stay so stuck in your present beliefs and customs that you stop the process of evolution itself.

Your beliefs form the structure of your life, and to lose them would be to unravel the fabric of your experience. Still, examine them one by one. Review them piece by piece. Do not dismantle the house, but look at each brick, and replace those that appear broken, which no longer support the structure.

It has not been my purpose here to "win" the debate, but to broaden the understanding of those that participated. I hope I have done that even if it meant, that you had to step to the edge of your comfort zone, for at the edge of your comfort zone is where real growth begins.

Eph.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
FA and others.....

It would seem (at least to me), that a thorough examination of this dialog we have been having should reveal something to you. That through the many scripture passages that have been presented to you demonstrating that polygamy was not only supported by Levitical Law, but never condemned, rebuked or punished. It was even mandated under certain circumstances (Lev. 25).

Throughout the dialog, scripture wasn't presented as a point of contention, but instead insults and demeaning remarks were made, primarily by one person. I would think, the lack of Biblical evidence, would make a true seeker and follower of God's Word, stop and re-examine his/her position on the matter
and/or say to himself/herself... Wait, there's something here I don't understand. But instead, there has been little to refute the evidence presented, only human opinions given, which do little to reveal Divine Truth.

As I have stated, in other threads... If you closely examine the subject and while looking at the Biblical evidence or lack thereof and do not change your mind or even question why, then I say stick to your beliefs if that serves you. Hold tight and do not waiver. For your ideas about right and wrong are your definitions about who you are. Yet do not require that others define themselves according to your terms And don't stay so stuck in your present beliefs and customs that you stop the process of evolution itself.

Your beliefs form the structure of your life, and to lose them would be to unravel the fabric of your experience. Still, examine them one by one. Review them piece by piece. Do not dismantle the house, but look at each brick, and replace those that appear broken, which no longer support the structure.

It has not been my purpose here to "win" the debate, but to broaden the understanding of those that participated. I hope I have done that even if it meant, that you had to step to the edge of your comfort zone, for at the edge of your comfort zone is where real growth begins.

Eph.

*Thinking*
Nah! My foundation is on the Rock, a sure foundation. You cannot shake it with your little chisel.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
and what do you believe christianity to be?

Romans 8:15-16 (New International Version)
"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children."

Galatians 5:16 (New International Version)
"So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature."

If we live by the Spirit, we will not follow after the desires of our sin nature... be it gay, or straight. That is how we can know we are a Christian. If we follow after the desires of the sin nature we can not know if we are, or are not, a Christian.

Romans 8:5 (New International Version)
"Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires."

Only Christians who walk in the Spirit will have the witness of being Christian. All others may be apostates
(Philippians 3:18-19) or false brethren (Galatians 2:4)

2 Timothy 3:4b-5a (New International Version)
"Lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.