Iowa
✟8,109.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I myself do not belive in WOF but I had a question. Does this movement belive that if someone say has cancer that it is because of sin or lack of faith basicly.

I have heard that if people have something to that extent that it is because they have did something wrong, or are not praying hard enough.

This is an honest question not to start a fight just wondering.

PastorMike

Newry Christian Centre
Oct 11, 2005
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟26,530.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Neither...sickness comes from a whole lot of places...smoking...eating the wrong food...working with certain materials...lot's of places...It is just a myth that WoF people believe that it comes from sin or a lack of faith...God bless...Mike.

Upvote 0

christianrider

Dec 22, 2004
✟164.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Paladin21,

No, the Word of Faith movement doesn't believe that the person that has a disease has sinned and the disease is a result of that person's sin. What I have come to believe as I keep studying is that because we live in a world cursed by sin, we are subjected to that sin while we live in this world. (An attack of our fleshly bodies).

The only thing different from most denominational thoughts (and I go to an Assembly of God church) is that God gave us the tools to overcome this world of sin in the Bible. 1 Jn5:4. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

God gave us all the measure of faith. We are all capable of having great faith as Abraham, Peter, Paul, etc. in the Bible because God is no respector of persons. We must use that faith put that faith into action. Our faith grows as we mature as Christians. The way our faith grows is by hearing the word of God and getting it into our spirit, not just memorizing it and giving it lip service and then speaking it to our mountains. It's like when we get saved. We believe in our hearts (spirit) and confess it (speak it aloud) with our mouths. Jesus spoke God's word to satan during His time of temptation (Mat 4), shows us how to come against satan in our own lives.

Quoting from Smith Wigglesworth in Ever Increasing Faith "Faith is just the open door through which the Lord comes. Do not say, I was saved by faith or I was healed by faith. Faith does not save and heal. God saves and heals through that open door. You believe, and the power of Christ comes." "The power of God is just the same today as it was in the past. Men need to be taken back to the old paths, to the old-time faith, to believing God's Word and every "Thus says the Lord" in it. " The Word of Faith movement, IMO, is just going back to those old paths and literally believing "If God said it, it's true and it's for us."

Unfortunately, when you mention faith (or the lack thereof) even in general terms, people start getting defensive because this goes to the core of their beliefs. But even Jesus had to chide His disciples for their lack of faith. (Mat 8:26, Mat 14:31, Mat 17:20) We can only look inside our hearts and judge ourselves and how much of the measure of faith that God has given us we are using, it is not for us to judge another person's heart. That's between God and them.

I hope this answered your questions. If not, please let me know.

Your sister in Christ
Chris

Upvote 0

rhemarob

May 8, 2004
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟731.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your question is welcome here, no need to apologize.

I will answer more in depth later when I return from work but for now,
I myself have been fighting some cold symptoms the entire weekend, does that mean I commited some kind of sin to cause this? What if I commited some really big sins, would that mean that instead of cold symptoms I could have gotten cancer? It starts to get silly when you look at it that way doesn't it.

I encourage people not too spend much time trying to figure out how they got sick but instead spend time meditating on healing scriptures and build up their faith and get well, an exception might be someone who is willingly operating in sin and denying Christ.

If you receive a bomb in a package, do you worry about how you got it?
Fed Ex, UPS or the Postal Service or do you want to know who sent it and do something about that person?

Satan sent it and somehow you recieved it but focus on Christ the Healer and get rid of it.

As far as the praying hard issue, thats a "works" issue and is entirely false, God doesn't require you to pray hard all day long or whatever to recieve healing, its a free gift that already been paid for, you don't need to try real hard to get something that already belongs to you.

Upvote 0

Fresh_ers

Dec 16, 2002
Visit site
✟15,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only time you want to be concerned with how you became sick is when the Holy Spirit is bringing it to the forefront. There are times when He will be pointing us to the cause, but we ignore His prompting. If it is His leading, the Holy Spirit will openly reveal the cause of the illness. He will not lead us to a place of just wondering about the cause.

Whether the Lord reveals the cause or not, He still heals us according to His Word: He removes it from us.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.