Florida
✟325,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello. I would like to hear others thoughts about Sola Scriptura, what it is, where did it begin, and more. Hope to hear from others soon. Last site I was on was dead.
It is a tradition that came out of the Protestant Reformation. And yes, oddly, it is a tradition.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,233.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello. I would like to hear others thoughts about Sola Scriptura, what it is, where did it begin, and more. Hope to hear from others soon. Last site I was on was dead.
Think you will have a bit more luck a few floors down,

this is the kitchen sink mate.:)

• Haha
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

strobertofsalzburg

Dec 15, 2023
Ocean
✟8,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: HTacianas
Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sola Scriptura
Only Bible is the Word of the living God. Therefore, every word in the Bible is and will be fullfilled.

God tells us who He is, who we are, and what He commands of us.

Because the Bible is the Word of God, only God can teach it. It is not up to our own interpretation, rather we depend on the Holy Spirit to interpret the text for us. Live by the Word of God.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sacra sola scriptura ("Scripture alone is enough") highlights the sufficiency of Scripture for Christian faith . I imagine one would need to justify adding to the scriptures that were written by the foundation of our faith by the Prophets and Apostles with Jesus Christ of Nazareth as the Chief Cornerstone. . The Reformation went back to this Foundation, which is when it basically started though always had been until Constantine. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cont... This is an interesting read. Tells us all the Popes/ Saints over time and their contribution/ change to scriptural norms. Blessings

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,101,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
MOD HAT ON

241656_73a4b943f6c592cdf71a88c50d5eb4d8.jpg

Please read and abide by each forum's Statement of Purpose; Statement of Purpose threads are sticky threads located at the top of the forum's page. Not all forums have a Statement of Purpose thread.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0