Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I am a gay, Christian man who is married to another man. We both believe deeply in God. I do not see anything in the Scriptures used to bludgeon LGBT people that reflects my relationship with my husband. It is not lustful, it is not abusive, it is not done in the worship of false gods. Some may condemn me, but I really can't say that I care what they think.
The Lord makes it clear that homosexuality is a sin (Leviticus 18:22). Even so, you will find my basic complaint is not with homosexuals, but with church leaders who are making themselves popular by publicly giving their blessing to homosexuality.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
My wedding was conducted by a loving, Christ-like pastor. I really couldnt give two bits a out your views on Scripture, particularly Leviticus.
The Lord's commandments are for our benefit.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree. I don't agree with the interpretations of the Bible pushed by ignorant bigots.
I can only see one way to interpret this:

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. Lev 18:22 RSV

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Your name "compassion 4 humanity" doesn't seem to match your words. Tell me would you immediately leave your church if your pastor watched inappropriate content? Or took a little money from the offering plate after its counted, or preached in a prideful spirit instead of humility? None of us are perfect. Honestly I would rather see a loving gay couple together than some of the abusive strait relationships I've seen/experienced. The OT puts such a focus on homosexuality because in those times it was alot less about relationships, and alot more about sex. Hence the rape attempt at Sodom. There are many other things the Bible allows/ prohibits- owning slaves is ok, but a wife having rights is not. This is why the New Law of Christ is much more important and what we Christians follow.

So you're asking if you found out your pastor was a theif and a pervert would I support him? No!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Corinthians 5:1 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
So you're asking if you found out your pastor was a theif and a pervert would I support him? No!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Corinthians 5:1 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

That's Paul's advice given in his historical context. But that's not the final answer in terms of contemporary mainline Protestant context, to act uncivil to people we disagree with.

Going back to at least Augustine it has been recognized that sacramental grace is not determined by the worthiness of the minister. Merely having a gay pastor does not jeopardize a person's soul.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
That's Paul's advice given in his historical context. But that's not the final answer in terms of contemporary mainline Protestant context, to act uncivil to people we disagree with.

Going back to at least Augustine it has been recognized that sacramental grace is not determined by the worthiness of the minister. Merely having a gay pastor does not jeopardize a person's soul.

Well, we don't have a common ground to discuss this, so I can't help you.

You see, I see the perversion of the gospel starting with Augustine, and reemphasized by Luther. I also see it as the most dangerous doctrine of the Church. So let's end this right here, as it can only get ugly and provoking.

God bless,

Lady

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0