So you want to be a practicing homosexual Bishop...but its not enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukok

Freaked out, insecure, neurotic and Emotional
Mar 1, 2003
England
Visit site
✟19,706.00
Faith
Catholic
Markh said:
In the UK now, in general state schools- marriage is no longer emphatically encouraged over poligamy and homosexuality is considered to be as legitimate a lifestyle as hetrosexual.

People are just too liberal. I think teh UK will have gay marriage pretty soon.
You mean polygamy? Having more than one spouse? I don't think that's quite right Mark...i don't know of any state school that supports a person having more than one spouse. :)

Upvote 0

RhetorTheo

Melkite
Dec 19, 2003
✟2,933.00
Faith
Catholic
I think they will say it was an abomination, and unnatural, because it was out of wedlock. God intended for sex to be in marriage. Now that gays can marry, they'll say, God gives it the thumbs up.

The Bible is very anti-gay, through and through, OT and NT. The individual arguments they make to reinterpret Sodom and Gomorrah and the rest fail Occam's Razor. But the "nonmarital argument" is the best so far, and may be enough to convince those who wish to be convinced.

Christy4Christ said:
I Cor 6:9

Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor practicing homosexuals .

I bet there will be new Bible translations that interpret the Bible verses about homosexuality to mean unmarried homosexuality. Here's what the new translations will be saying:

New Age Translation said:
I Cor 6:9

Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor those who engage in premarital homosexual sex.

Upvote 0

Michelina

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2003
✟19,733.00
Faith
Catholic
PeterPaul said:
First, Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13, which declare that for a man to "lie with a male as though lying with a woman" is "an abomination" or "detestable act" — in Hebrew, "toevah" — something utterly repugnant to God.

PP, they will counter with the fact that other prohibitions of the OT are also called "abominations" and then say that the Mosaic Law is abrogated in the New Covenant.

It must be pointed out to them that the NC eliminates the Mosaic Law but does not eliminate the Natural Law. That homosexuality is against the Natural Law is knowable by pure reason and demonstrable by the destruction of Sodom, well before Moses.

There's no end to their objections until you get to Romans 1:27, wherein the evil of this sin is clearly and indisputably stated and the context, which they try to distort, is irrelevant.

"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

Reactions: geocajun
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aanjt

Jen
Dec 16, 2003
United States
✟559.00
Faith
Anglican
RhetorTheo said:
Can an Episcopalian priest who openly lives with his girlfriend be bishop? What about his sister or cousin, or multiple women? Can a priest openly live with two male partners and be bishop?

In the diocese of Texas, no. In fact, Bishop Wimberly (of the diocese of Texas) sent a letter stating that he will not allow any ordination of anyone who is in a sexual relationship outside the sacrament of Holy Matrimony between a man and a woman.

FTR, as you can see (I hope), the diocese of Texas is completely opposed to what happened in New Hampshire.

I do not believe that my diocese have "fallen under the spell of Satan". To say that, IMO, is implying that we are no longer Christian. I hope that is not what you were saying.

Yours in Christ,
Jen

Upvote 0

RhetorTheo

Melkite
Dec 19, 2003
✟2,933.00
Faith
Catholic
aanjt said:
In the diocese of Texas, no. In fact, Bishop Wimberly (of the diocese of Texas) sent a letter stating that he will not allow any ordination of anyone who is in a sexual relationship outside the sacrament of Holy Matrimony between a man and a woman.

FTR, as you can see (I hope), the diocese of Texas is completely opposed to what happened in New Hampshire.

I do not believe that my diocese have "fallen under the spell of Satan". To say that, IMO, is implying that we are no longer Christian. I hope that is not what you were saying.

Yours in Christ,
Jen

Are you going to remain in communion with them? Are you considering creating a different group within the Anglican Church, or affiliating with the Catholics, Orthodox, etc.?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Christy4Christ

Pro-Christ
Jan 30, 2004
Hollywood, FL
✟5,762.00
Faith
Catholic
RhetorTheo said:
Christy, I mentioned this to a Catholic about six months ago. He said that the prohibitions are in the OT. I pointed out ones in the NT, and he said he doesn't care, he only cares what Jesus said and Jesus never said anything against it.

LOL forget His Apostles, who are they anyway?!

Upvote 0

PeterPaul

Feb 17, 2004
✟18,494.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LOL right! LOL, like my mother who takes a few verses from Christ and applies it to the New Age! Forget that "born again" doesn't mean reincarnation! Forget that Jesus said "no one comes to the Father, but through Me"...nah all religions are good.

Upvote 0

aanjt

Jen
Dec 16, 2003
United States
✟559.00
Faith
Anglican
RhetorTheo said:
Are you going to remain in communion with them? Are you considering creating a different group within the Anglican Church, or affiliating with the Catholics, Orthodox, etc.?

The diocese of Texas and Florida (and there are others) that are in talks of what to do. Most of the other primates have given our Presiding Bishop (Griswold - PB of the ECUSA) a deadline. Either repent of what happened in NH by Easter or.... and we do not know what that "or" is. Most are assuming excommunication from the other Primates. I have heard that the Primates are also talking to the ABC (Archbishop of Cantebury) about him choosing between them (which is, I believe 27 out of the 38 Primates) and the ECUSA. There are lawyers involved (church property, who does the bricks belong to) and other things. We are also waiting for the ABC (I think it's November) to send his letter/statement. So, right now it is a wait and see. My family have not left the EC for several reasons:

1) we do not want to be reactionary
2) our diocese will not ordain anyone who is in a sexual relationship outside the sacrament of Holy Matrimony between a man and a woman
3) we do not think that "running away" is the answer

Yours in Christ,
Jen

Upvote 0

RhetorTheo

Melkite
Dec 19, 2003
✟2,933.00
Faith
Catholic
Michelina said:
There's no end to their objections until you get to Romans 1:27, wherein the evil of this sin is clearly and indisputably stated and the context, which they try to distort, is irrelevant.

"In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

Here is the text in The Message:

Romans 1:27
Sexually confused, they abused and defiled one another, women with women, men with men--all lust, no love. And then they paid for it, oh, how they paid for it--emptied of God and love, godless and loveless wretches.

It'll be reinterpreted to mean that the sinfulness, indecency, and perversion was that they acted out of "all lust, no love" - and not the homosexuality in and of itself. But that verse is very difficult to get around.

Reactions: ps139
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.