So what denomination are you?

LJCTAM

Oct 3, 2013
✟18,183.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I read about anabaptists a little in my own study of Christian history; I think they were also mentioned on a site called earlychristiandictionary. Too, I came across one teacher from PA that is anabaptist, not sure (Denny?).

I don't know if I will ever really fit in with anyone or what I am. I read the bible, on occasion some OCD level in-depth studies, "last day" eschatology is futurist, non-cessationalist Bible believer, respect for the heroes who stood for Christ regardless of denominational variance, had the Holy Spirit come into me a few years ago.

I went to a few mega-churches. They are 100% not for me. Smaller ones where I live are heavily clique-ish. I hope God saves me and takesme to a place where I will fit in. I hope to love people one day. I hope for one day to have believers love me too. True love beyond smiles and surface-level friends.

GBU all.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yea, I attended the Abilene Brethren in Christ Church (in Abilene KS), a little over 8 year ago. I really loved that Church the people really strived to serve the Lord. I never remember seeing a tornado in all the years I live in Kansas, but did sleep though one. Cruel Winters :o, you must be from the South, because where I live now makes Kansas winters look warm. Not uncommon up here in Minnesota to go two or three weeks with the high every day being 20 below zero. Wait isn't Messiah College in Pennsylvania or Ohio? Don't you get worse winters, than Kansas?

Meeting people who really truly serve God is rare. YES!

I am Free Will Baptist, but if I could move and be near a Mennonite or Amish community, I would. This world disheartens me and I long for neighbor that believes in God and live what they believe. To worship with people that love God and want to do his will and live for him.
grandma

ME TOO !(if, if, if the community would be joint members , fellow ekklesia, with me or me with them in Christ Jesus for the Gospel's Sake!!!!! )

I am somewhere between the Religious Society of Friends and Mennonite. I have never considered myself Catholic and was uncomfortable calling myself Protestant. My cultural background is Anabaptist; so, I think that's why I gravitate there so heavily if forced to choose where to put myself dogmatically. I also have some Buddhist beliefs in there (Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, the Buddhist stuff is more philosophy that aligns with my being a Christian). I am currently looking for a church, so we will see how that goes. My boyfriend is Jewish, so he's no help. :D

NOT TRUE!(if you bless him/ help him) :) -- even if he does nothing apparently, YHWH THE CREATOR BLESSES THOSE WHO BLESS HIS PEOPLE! (and curses those who hurt them!!!)

There's are sects of conservative mennos that dress in a uniform plain manner and only have black cars and some of the sects require the bumpers and even wheels to be painted black and some require the radio to be removed.
No kiddin'...

... so, there are cars WITH radios today ? hmmmm.... (mine hasn't had one in decades, if ever. no a/c either, ever)

Due to her continued illness, chronic pain, fibromyalgia and neuropathy, she rarely escapes the home. She prays a lot from time to time and takes much needed medication during the day.
I told her she didn't want to take her medication that day. She wanted God to meet her in church. Falling was proof that she should have taken her meds. I took her to the car, opened the glove box and gave her the much needed pain medication and sedative and by the time we were home she was back to normal. Needless to say we never went back. We actually lasted more than a month there.

God is willing to meet her, but not in church(our experience bears this out, with primary first evidence truth from Scripture, and continued experience with God in line with all of His Word). My wife had years of similar disability with very little except emergency help from 'doctors' and 'hostile medical bldgs'(hospitals). After some seven years or more, God consistently helped us / her and led her to very good (not total, yet) recovery and freedom from almost all pain most of the time.
I've helped thousands of people likewise with His direction, but if they return to a brick and mortar church('any' denom), they always fall back into a worse condition. Always. (apparently, it depends on if they trust God, or go back to trusting man and finding comfort there).

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
A beautiful history of true believers from an anabaptist site/page>

Anabaptist Church, Pacifism and disciples of Jesus Christ

"What was so unique about the Anabaptists that the enemy of God tried to extinguish this fire of God? They had three unique beliefs, unique from the established churches but very biblical: (1) Believer's Baptism The Anabaptists held that a person must first believe the gospel before he could be accepted into the Church with the sign of water baptism. This is in accordance with the teachings of their Lord Jesus who placed believing ahead of baptism (Mt 28:19 and Mk 16:16).
(2) Pacifism The Anabaptists held that one could not obtain or protect his rights by the use of force. This is in accordance with the teachings of their Lord Jesus who commanded his followers not to resist an evil man (Mt 5:39 and John 18:36).
(3) Community of Goods The Anabaptists held that one could not have private property but must share all his goods in common with Christ's brothers and sisters. This is in accordance with the teachings of their Lord Jesus who said that no one could be his followers unless they gave up all of their possessions (Luke 14:33, also Mt 6:19-34, Mt 19:21, Luke 12:33, John 13:34-35, Acts 2:44-47 and Acts 4:32-5:11).
Today most Anabaptists do not hold to item 3 above, community of goods, but it was part of the original Anabaptists belief. We see this in the first Church Order, written in 1527, and called the Swiss Order or The Congregational Order: "Of all the brothers and sisters in this congregation none shall have anything of his own, but rather, as the Christians in the time of the apostles held all in common, and especially stored up in a common fund, from which aid can be given to the poor, according as each will have need, and as in apostles' time permit no brother to be in need." (translated by John H. Yoder)
The first statement of belief of the Anabaptists in Austria, written by Leonhard Schiemer about 1527, includes this article: "The brothers and sisters shall give themselves body and soul to God in his community. Every gift that God gives shall be held in common after the practice of the apostles and the first Christians." (translated by Peter Hoover)"

I know denomination are just a title; but I was wondering, if you are Anabaptist which demonination are you? Myself, I consider to be a mixture of Mennonite/Southern Baptist.

Upvote 0

nick garai

Feb 21, 2013
Surrey, British Columbia
✟10,173.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I was once Pentecostal. I then became Baptist (not Southern Baptist though just Baptist). Afterwards I ended up in the Mennonite church for a number of years. After that I went to a Kenneth Copeland ministries church. Following that I landed in the Messianic Jewish community.

Upvote 0

Aymn27

Radical Reformationist
Feb 12, 2005
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟19,028.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was born and raised Roman Catholic. Had a "Luther" moment. Was on my way to being Anglican, but stopped in at a Vineyard church. Haven't left there. I am theologically Anabaptist/Wesleyan and attend a Vineyard Church.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was born and raised Roman Catholic. Had a "Luther" moment. Was on my way to being Anglican, but stopped in at a Vineyard church. Haven't left there. I am theologically Anabaptist/Wesleyan and attend a Vineyard Church.

Dude....how are you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clarinetlover

She's a skirt wearing girls, skirt wearing girl.
Nov 13, 2013
southwest USA
✟15,173.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I am a mixture of like everything. I only wear skirts, cut my hair, read NIV bibles, believe that you don't need works to stay saved, no infant baptism , annd listen the secular music. I am everywhere still trying to decide what fits me best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KENIK

Spiritus intus alit
Sep 30, 2014
Pacific Northwest USA
✟7,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I see that this message was duplicated and so I have edited it to reflect the following:

I think that the denomination is a way of thinking of the faith. Given that for most Americans, to whom one is born and baptized in a particular denomination, married in another denomination, and then dying in yet another denomination, aren't denominations in the final sense ephemeral in their meaning?

I wish you all well in Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0