PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
...and I replied by linking the actual senate bill in question (which I'm assuming you didn't bother to read) which shows, emphatically, that your magazine was incorrect.

evry single media in german reported that your regime believes evry single entity that want work in space needs permission from NASA. And i honestly trust our media more than some random internet guy

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
evry single media in german reported that your regime believes evry single entity that want work in space needs permission from NASA. And i honestly trust our media more than some random internet guy

See, that's the great thing about the internet and links...I gave you a link directly from the US Congress's official website which has the actual content of every proposed House and Senate bill. So you don't have to trust "some internet guy" like me, you can go to the link I provided earlier and read if for yourself.

Here's the link again:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/2262

...and again:

...and again:

Maybe if I put the link in here 3 times you'll see it.

Unless you're also saying that you also trust German Tabloids more than the US congress themselves, in which case, there's nothing really to discuss since you're clearly convinced Germany is the best and USA is the worst and will cling to anything you find on the internet that backs up your position, and refuse to read the actual facts that dispute your position.

Upvote 0

PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
See, that's the great thing about the internet and links...I gave you a link directly from the US Congress's official website which has the actual content of every proposed House and Senate bill. So you don't have to trust "some internet guy" like me, you can go to the link I provided earlier and read if for yourself.

Here's the link again:

...and again:

...and again:

Maybe if I put the link in here 3 times you'll see it.

Unless you're also saying that you also trust German Tabloids more than the US congress themselves, in which case, there's nothing really to discuss since you're clearly convinced Germany is the best and USA is the worst and will cling to anything you find on the internet that backs up your position, and refuse to read the actual facts that dispute your position.

Considering the fact that your regime starts illegal wars for oil and destabilizes entire continents i pretty much believe our media regarding this.

btw i did read it, it says private corporations must cooperate with NASA. It does not say "american corporations". Where do you see that german corporations are not bound by this?

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
btw i did read it, it says private corporations must cooperate with NASA. It does not say "american corporations". Where do you see that german corporations are not bound by this?

It's referring to American private corporations...thought that was pretty clear.

The US government has no jurisdiction over the regulations of foreign private corporations in Europe...I assumed that knowledge was commonplace.

Upvote 0

PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's referring to American private corporations...thought that was pretty clear.

The US government has no jurisdiction over the regulations of foreign private corporations in Europe...I assumed that knowledge was commonplace.

Where does it state that it is referring to american corporations? And what if a german corporation harvests ore from an asteroid and an american corporation just tries to hijack it? :) Thats exactly why all our media condemn this.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Where does it state that it is referring to american corporations? And what if a german corporation harvests ore from an asteroid and an american corporation just tries to hijack it? :) Thats exactly why all our media condemn this.

Germany is a sovereign nation, the only way the US could set policy for Germany is if Germany agreed to it via some sort of international agreement facilitated by the UN or something along those lines.

There are tons of bills in all nations that don't specifically use the words "this doesn't apply to other countries", that doesn't mean that every nation is trying to usurp the sovereignty of all of the other nations on the planet.

You're simply inferring something into it that clearly isn't there for the sole purposes of furthering your anti-American biases.

Upvote 0

PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Germany is a sovereign nation, the only way the US could set policy for Germany is if Germany agreed to it via some sort of international agreement facilitated by the UN or something along those lines.

There are tons of bills in all nations that don't specifically use the words "this doesn't apply to other countries", that doesn't mean that every nation is trying to usurp the sovereignty of all of the other nations on the planet.

You're simply inferring something into it that clearly isn't there for the sole purposes of furthering your anti-American biases.

My anti american bias? How do you explain evry single german media followed same argumentation? :)

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You do realize that i´m from germany? Do you honestly believe that anything you have in space tech impress me? We just landed on a comet. Something you guys never accomplished. That said this isn´t about space program. Its about your laughable regime to believe it can claim entire space.

That said who says your regime doesn´t sue a german corporation for harvesting an asteroid without asking the NASA clowns for permission?

You seem intent on distorting what is actually said...

Again, no where has any US policy mandated other countries need our "permission" to harvest an asteroid.

But hey, never let a little thing like facts and evidence get in the way of your argument.

If a German company gets to an asteroid first, then it is yours. If a US company gets to it first, then it is ours. This has been the model for human beings since we first climbed down from the trees and set up houses in caves. I have no idea why you are so butt hurt over this nor obfuscating this issue with disingenuous arguments...

Why should PatrickT let a little pesky thing like facts get in the way of his argument???

Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

myownmynativeland

Jan 10, 2016
USA
✟8,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thats laughable and i honestly don´t know what they are thinking.

So USA just made a new law where evry outer space mission, be it mining, colonies ect must be checked and allowed by NASA.

The outer space treaty (which USA signed) does not allow such things. It is laughable to believe, that NASA as a US government institution has the right to dicide about missions and projects done by other nations.

Germany and Russia plan a base on the moon by 2020 and won´t ask USA for permission.

I highly doubt, that China will ask USA for permission and its highly unlikely that India, Japan or any other sovereign nation will ask as well.

The next mission performed by ESA regarding this is EXOMARS. NASA was already kicked out of the mission and the russian Roskosmos joined in as partner.

The public reaction in german media about this new law are only negative. Many commentators say it looks like satirical or a joke but it seems the US really believe the universe is their property.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/...-rights-for-americans-to-exploit-new-frontier

http://www.forschung-und-wissen.de/...-zum-besitzer-des-gesamten-weltraums-13372245

I honestly don´t know why US is doing this. It only creates conflicts. How deluded must someone be to believe the entire world is obliged to ask you for agreement on something you have no say into it.
Read your own attached articles. All the USA is doing is to create Law recognising the Property Rights of its own Citizens in space.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums