NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Personally when it gets peaceful in a debate forum, I think there is something wrong. I don't think it is supposed to be peaceful when you are debating because you are debating against an idea, a concept, deception etc. So if you can find peace on a debate forum that says something is wrong, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder why?

Some trouble rabble-rousers are gone?:p

That would be it,....

A subforum where WOF and non-WOF may discuss their different theological ideas.

When an opposing party has left town, not much discussion goes on in this section.

Reactions: NewSong
Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People don't get driven out of the forum. They leave because they blat because they don't get their own way. The want others to tolerate them but they don't want to be tolerant of others. There seems to be a big boo hoo amongs people who are spiritually immature and try to keep blaming someone for their actions. They left because they wanted to or trying to manipulate. If they left because of others, then they gave them way too much power. :doh:

:idea:

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
People don't get driven out of the forum. They leave because they blat because they don't get their own way. The want others to tolerate them but they don't want to be tolerant of others. There seems to be a big boo hoo amongs people who are spiritually immature and try to keep blaming someone for their actions. They left because they wanted to or trying to manipulate. If they left because of others, then they gave them way too much power. :doh:

QFT

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
In My Father's Hands..No Safer Place To Be
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think they left because the truth of the Word of God is being said around here. I have never heard of anybody being hurt as much by the interpretation of the "Word" the way it comes from some WOF'ers.

There is nobody being hurt by believing that God allows suffering and works it all together for our good, as they are to to be told that if you are suffering it is your fault, have enough faith to get what you want, if you don't have enough faith, it is your fault. Everything and all the emphasis and burden is placed on people....and that is just what it is a burden if it is being preached that way.

Sorry, that is just the truth. Enough is Enough......And I don't think we have anything to do with it. God is ushering in another level of maturity around here if you ask me...Light will always outshine darkness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some of us are still here. Just bored posting to the same old stuff time and time again. Oh and they didn't leave because of "the word being preached" or "not getting their own way", just that they were tired of other so called brothers and sisters constantly belittling what they believed and making personal attacks.

God bless

Simon

Well, I don't want to get into a debate about it..But they make a lot of claims to the "word' being preached not being tolerated by us..

I don't think it is about belittling, but doctrine that has hurt many people, is not anything that that I would call the 'word' of God. Sorry...

It was just time, God knows best.

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But, when you are taught to believe that being a Christian is about having your way and everything always going as you plan and believe....No trials or test come from God, If you die from a disease it is because you did not have enough faith....If you would have believed you would not die .....and just have a stress-free happy life because your FAITH should be enough to STOP anything that is 'bad' from happening to you...etc, etc, etc,...The extremism is the problem.

The focus in on material prosperity as some sign of I don't know, having arrived I guess. "Me" "Me" "Me' is in many ways, the foundation of some of the teaching I hear from some WOF'ers.

I personally listen to some WOF teachers here and there, but the extremism is the problem. The emphasis is not on Christ or the Kingdom of God, it is on 'getting your stuff" as I have heard some preach. God is calling us higher than that, much higher. It is too much self, not enough dieing to self.

C'mon, I think God has had enough, as a matter of fact..I will go ahead and say HE has. That is why he is allowing a breaking and shaking in the church world today and in lives personally, to rip it right apart, expose and tear down the exalting of MAN and anything else put above Christ. Jesus Christ has not been preached in his churches, everything but Christ. Everything but spiritual maturity. Everything but the Kingdom of God. God has allowed it though, but when he says enough is enough..That is just it, you can take it to the bank.

I have nothing personally against my brothers and sisters, love them to death. But, the truth is how can two walk together except they agree. You just can't, you just can't. I can not even I tried to, believe some of this stuff that is preached.

Upvote 0

NewSong

♪♫♫♪♫
Nov 8, 2004
✟47,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some of us are still here. Just bored posting to the same old stuff time and time again. Oh and they didn't leave because of "the word being preached" or "not getting their own way", just that they were tired of other so called brothers and sisters constantly belittling what they believed and making personal attacks.

God bless

Simon

I am sorry they felt belittled and felt the attacks were personal. Speaking for myself, I miss a lot of those posters and admittedly there are some I don't because I too, felt like I was being personally attacked and seen personal attacks taken on posters such as Jimbeaux, Tamara and others. Yet, no matter how personal it felt, there is still a level of maturity we all must have and that is we don't agree and that is that. I am never going to change my mind unless God changes it for me. No amount of personal slams on either side will change my mind. God changes it. As for the debate, I think we all personalized way too much. I do have a personal interest in seeing that people are ministered to that get caught in these dececptions and I get a little rambunctious when I get caught with insults and stuff that sidesteps the real OP. Having said that, I am sorry that anyone feels the need to perosnalize the attacks and can't see it for what it really is--a disagreement on how things should be handled with false, deceptive, lying so called evangelists who rook old ladies and the poor out of their money by their ways. I also will not stand by idly while people build these so called "greasy-graced" ways of dealing with these leaders. It is time for this to be said. It is not an attack on them but an attack on behaviors in leaders who are not honest and are more than slipping but deceptive. The personal attacks are the heat of the moment on both sides. No one side has been innocent here. NONE! I am sitting here dealing with it and so are you. I find it incredible to tuck tail in between legs and run and yell, Victim of non-Wofer's ...I could do the same with Wofer's. The whole object of the debate forum is getting all the cards out on the table and realizing that there are differences and what they are so people can make informed decisions and choices. People cannot make informed decisions without hearing all sides and the take from those involved. It has helped me to hear it all.

Well having said that, I think that is what I want to say. I am sure we will have other encounters here and deal with those things that need hashed out again and someone will run wounded because they knew how to cast stones but they didn't know enough to dodge them they boomeranged back to them. Sorry but there is not much sympathy here. I DO miss some of the posters. Not all of them but some of them--a large portion of them.

Thanks for your post.

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
But, when you are taught to believe that being a Christian is about having your way and everything always going as you plan and believe....No trials or test come from God, If you die from a disease it is because you did not have enough faith....If you would have believed you would not die .....and just have a stress-free happy life because your FAITH should be enough to STOP anything that is 'bad' from happening to you...etc, etc, etc,...The extremism is the problem.

The focus in on material prosperity as some sign of I don't know, having arrived I guess. "Me" "Me" "Me' is in many ways, the foundation of some of the teaching I hear from some WOF'ers.

I personally listen to some WOF teachers here and there, but the extremism is the problem. The emphasis is not on Christ or the Kingdom of God, it is on 'getting your stuff" as I have heard some preach. God is calling us higher than that, much higher. It is too much self, not enough dieing to self.

C'mon, I think God has had enough, as a matter of fact..I will go ahead and say HE has. That is why he is allowing a breaking and shaking in the church world today and in lives personally, to rip it right apart, expose and tear down the exalting of MAN and anything else put above Christ. Jesus Christ has not been preached in his churches, everything but Christ. Everything but spiritual maturity. Everything but the Kingdom of God. God has allowed it though, but when he says enough is enough..That is just it, you can take it to the bank.

I have nothing personally against my brothers and sisters, love them to death. But, the truth is how can two walk together except they agree. You just can't, you just can't. I can not even I tried to, believe some of this stuff that is preached.

I like the spiritual maturity and wisdom you speak about in this ! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I am sorry they felt belittled and felt the attacks were personal. Speaking for myself, I miss a lot of those posters and admittedly there are some I don't because I too, felt like I was being personally attacked and seen personal attacks taken on posters such as Jimbeaux, Tamara and others. Yet, no matter how personal it felt, there is still a level of maturity we all must have and that is we don't agree and that is that. I am never going to change my mind unless God changes it for me. No amount of personal slams on either side will change my mind. God changes it. As for the debate, I think we all personalized way too much. I do have a personal interest in seeing that people are ministered to that get caught in these dececptions and I get a little rambunctious when I get caught with insults and stuff that sidesteps the real OP. Having said that, I am sorry that anyone feels the need to perosnalize the attacks and can't see it for what it really is--a disagreement on how things should be handled with false, deceptive, lying so called evangelists who rook old ladies and the poor out of their money by their ways. I also will not stand by idly while people build these so called "greasy-graced" ways of dealing with these leaders. It is time for this to be said. It is not an attack on them but an attack on behaviors in leaders who are not honest and are more than slipping but deceptive. The personal attacks are the heat of the moment on both sides. No one side has been innocent here. NONE! I am sitting here dealing with it and so are you. I find it incredible to tuck tail in between legs and run and yell, Victim of non-Wofer's ...I could do the same with Wofer's. The whole object of the debate forum is getting all the cards out on the table and realizing that there are differences and what they are so people can make informed decisions and choices. People cannot make informed decisions without hearing all sides and the take from those involved. It has helped me to hear it all.

Well having said that, I think that is what I want to say. I am sure we will have other encounters here and deal with those things that need hashed out again and someone will run wounded because they knew how to cast stones but they didn't know enough to dodge them they boomeranged back to them. Sorry but there is not much sympathy here. I DO miss some of the posters. Not all of them but some of them--a large portion of them.

Thanks for your post.

Now that is one of the best posts I've ever seen here! Truthfully said! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

QFUT

Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Coincidentally, peace broke out in this forum when certain members surreptitiously left to join Pete’s “oasis” forum.

What does that tell you?

~Jim

When you gonna wake up and strengthen the things that remain? ~Bob Dylan, 1979

This post of yours tells a lot actually.

Upvote 0

ANM29

Nov 11, 2003
✟10,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Thanks for your post.

You are absolutely correct. We can get personal at times, all of us. I try not to target anybody specific anymore, I really don't. But, at times in the heat of the battle it gets ugly. But, God has really shown me I am wrong when I do that. The Holy Spirit convicts me when I get personal with someone specifically.

Honestly, I can't say I don't miss some of them either. I really can't. But, like you said, Nothing can change my mind BUT GOD..and it does not matter to me what is said, I am not leaving until God says leave or I get banned..which will be a sign to leave anyway..and I will move right along to what else is next.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.