✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
And we're debating about what to do.

As it's a milestone we figured that we wanted to do something big(ish...you know, big for us..)
So we sat down to think - I came up a few fun ideas right away:

1) A few rounds of assassin Paint-Ball as a team, and really gear up for it. (I'm a pretty good shot and used to play paintball with my bro a lot in the bush behind our farm)

2) Top-Karting in Quebec. (The go karts are crazy fast and pretty dangerous, but look suuuuper fun) I thought it'd be fun to race.

3) Laser Tag where we get our butts handed to us by 12 year olds.

4) Theme Park, Canada's wonderland is about 3 hours drive away, but this idea was a long shot as Remi gets killer vertigo and would probably die of a heart attack on a rollercoaster.

Hubby didn't seem too interested - he used to paintball a lot when he was younger, the go-karting was really expensive, laser tag would be kid-riddled, and the theme park - well, it wouldn't be much fun for him watching me ride all the rollercoasters myself.

Now keep in mind, my hubby is a big guy, blue-collar welder, he isn't delicate.
So I almost died laughing when he told me what he wanted for our anniversary.

The Spa.

Yup.

A couples relaxation massage with pedicure and facial. I mean, I know he likes massages, he's always begging for them (from me) but REALLY? Over go karting???

I was floored.

I guess a lot of women would love that; and I'm sure it'll be a great date; but it does strike me as odd that I'm the one wanting to paintball all day, and he wants to be in a spa~! :D :D Ah well!

^_^ ~ Niffer

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am not a spa person, I don't like/want strangers touching me (I don't even like having my hair cut, all I can think is "I'm sorry you have to do this... I'm sure you'd rather be doing anything than mess with my hair"). My husband, however, loves nothing better than a deep-tissue "jump up and down on my back" massage, so he'd probably love a spa day where he just gets massaged for 12 hours lol.

I'd totally go for your choices, Niffer! FUN stuff! Too bad I'm not your husband, though :D

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am not a spa person, I don't like/want strangers touching me (I don't even like having my hair cut, all I can think is "I'm sorry you have to do this... I'm sure you'd rather be doing anything than mess with my hair"). My husband, however, loves nothing better than a deep-tissue "jump up and down on my back" massage, so he'd probably love a spa day where he just gets massaged for 12 hours lol.

I'd totally go for your choices, Niffer! FUN stuff! Too bad I'm not your husband, though :D

LOL! We'd make a great couple, I'm sure!! :D
To be fair I don't mind massages and spa stuff - I like being 'pampered' but I'm a high-energy person, so running around with firearms sounds like more "fun" to me. ;) As opposed to "pampered relaxing".
Both good, just different. ;)

~ Niffer

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My hubby regularly has our 12 year old (80-ish lbs) walk on his back, or asks me to drive my elbow as hard as I can into him... it makes me wince, but he can't get enough of it lol. He'd sit in those money-operate massage chairs all day long if he could.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums