United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Note, I’m meaning it light-heartedly.

I seem to have noticed that the older a man gets, the more likely he is to cook everything, regardless, on the highest setting possible. Some things are meant to be cooked slowly, but no, they gotta crank it up to red hot high. My grandfather did it. Now my husband is starting to do it. Both men were great cooks in their younger years. I even learned a lot of what I know from my grandfather. But one day he even started melting butter on high.

As for hubby, I have always said that the best meals are the ones we cook together. Currently he’s frying bacon on high, while I whipped up eggs-in-the-basket on medium. Ironically, guess which one got done sooner. :D

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was a cook in the Army for 4 years. I absolutely hated it. And I do NOT crank the heat up to max. The only thing I don't use a microwave for is biscuits. And I follow the instructions on the package.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My grandfather was a Navy cook. He made the world’s best scrambled eggs, taught me how to make gravy, and also taught me that fried lettuce is a thing. More irony—HE was the one who taught me that bacon should be cooked slowly or it won’t get crispy. (Sorry, sweet hubby. Yours wasn’t.)

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I seem to have noticed that the older a man gets, the more likely he is to cook everything, regardless, on the highest setting possible. Some things are meant to be cooked slowly, but no, they gotta crank it up to red hot high. My grandfather did it. Now my husband is starting to do it. Both men were great cooks in their younger years. I even learned a lot of what I know from my grandfather. But one day he even started melting butter on high.

As for hubby, I have always said that the best meals are the ones we cook together. Currently he’s frying bacon on high, while I whipped up eggs-in-the-basket on medium. Ironically, guess which one got done sooner. :D
heh, funny!

I'm getting well on in middle age, and now I've started buying bacon pre-cooked, so that to eat it at most I only warm it up in the microwave at about 5-10 seconds per slice. That's pretty quick! ;)

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I seem to have noticed that the older a man gets, the more likely he is to cook everything, regardless, on the highest setting possible.

We know our time is short and everything we do, we must do fast. ;)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Eggs were done first! :D

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
heh, funny!

I'm getting well on in middle age, and now I've started buying bacon pre-cooked, so that to eat it at most I only warm it up in the microwave at about 5-10 seconds per slice. That's pretty quick! ;)
Not a bad idea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums