So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"Live life conscious of how much God loves you, and be set free from condemnation, depression, addictions, and other bondages. Join Joseph Prince for a liberating time in the Word as he shows you how you can be free from a burdensome life of legalism to enjoy a life of unspeakable joy and peace..."

"Live With The Sense Of God’s Love":

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:17
For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Jn.14:6Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jn.8:31 So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” (NASB)

John 8:36

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"Jesus Loves Me! This I Know"

"I heard a story of a minister from Oregon who was assigned to provide counselling in a state mental institution. His first assignment was to a padded cell that housed deranged, barely clothed patients. The stench of human excrement filled the room. He couldn't even talk to the inmates, let alone counsel them - the only responses he got were groans, moans and demonic laughter."

"Then the Holy Spirit prompted him to sit in the middle of the room and for a full hour sing the famous children's hymn that goes "Jesus loves me! This I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong; they are weak, but He is strong." Nothing happened at the end of the first day, but he persisted. For weeks he would sit and sing the same melody with greater conviction each time: "Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! The Bible tells me so."

"As the days passed, the patients began singing with him one by one. Amazingly, by the end of the first month, thirty-six of the severely ill patients were transferred from the high-dependency ward to a self-care ward. Within a year, all but two were discharged from the mental institution."

"The Power of Right Believing: 7 Keys to Freedom from Fear, Guilt, and Addiction"
By Joseph Prince [ch 3, p.33]:

The Power of Right Believing

• Winner
Reactions: FineLinen
Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have decided
I'm gonna live like a believer
Turn my back on the deceiver
I'm gonna live what I believe
I have decided
Being good is just a fable
I just can't, cause I'm not able
I'm gonna leave it to the Lord

There's a wealth of things that I profess
I said that I believed
But deep inside, I never changed
I guess I'd been deceived
Cause a voice inside kept telling me
That I'd change by and by
but the Spirit made it clear to me
That kind of life's a lie

[Chorus]

So forget the game of being good
And your self-righteous pain
Cause the only good inside your heart
Is the good that Jesus brings
When the world begins to see you change
Don't expect them to applaud
Just keep your eyes on Him and tell yourself
I've become the work of God

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"My friend, do not frustrate the grace (unmerited favor) of God in your life by looking to yourself and trying by your own efforts to make yourself righteous before God. We cannot earn God's favor and acceptance. We can only receive righteousness as a free gift from God. God's righteousness is free for us, but it cost Him dearly. He paid for it with the blood of His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. It is a gift that can only be given freely not because it is cheap, but truly, because it is priceless!"

"...Let me give you the clearest definition of grace [unmerited favor] in the Bible:

"And if by grace [unmerited favor], then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace [unmerited favor] is no longer grace [unmerited favor]. But if it is of works, it is no longer grace [unmerited favor]; otherwise work is no longer work. - Romans 11:6"

"Do you follow? There is no middle road. You are either righteous by God's unmerited favor or you are trying to merit righteousness with your own works. You are either depending on Jesus or you are depending on yourself. Because Jesus has paid so dearly for you to have His own righteousness, you can cease from your own efforts to be righteous in God's eyes to earn His favor. See yourself the righteousness of God in Christ and expect the blessings of the righteous to manifest in your life!"

"Today's Prayer"

"Father, help me always to look to Jesus, who suffered a great deal for me and died for me, so that i could have His righteousness as a free gift. I fully expect all the blessings of the righteous to flood my life today."

("100 Days of Favor...", by Joseph Prince, p.84-85).

Upvote 0

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Live life conscious of how much God loves you, and be set free from condemnation, depression, addictions, and other bondages. Join Joseph Prince for a liberating time in the Word as he shows you how you can be free from a burdensome life of legalism to enjoy a life of unspeakable joy and peace..."

"Live With The Sense Of God’s Love":

John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:17
For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Jn.14:6Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Jn.8:31 So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” (NASB)

John 8:36

2 Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Only when you finally cease from your own works , will you finally enter into the peace if the Lord , not before

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
RIGHTEOUSNESS IS NOT RIGHT DOING BUT RIGHT BEING

“For example, when you feel lousy because you have just shouted at your wife, God wants you to exercise your faith to see yourself as still righteous in the midst of that failure. This living revelation that you are still righteous will give you the strength to love your wife and reconcile things with her.”

"The devil may remind you of your foul temper and question your integrity: “How dare you call yourself righteous when you just did that!” Just ignore his lies and boldly declare, “I am not righteous because of what I have done or not done. I am righteous only because of the blood and finished work of Jesus at the cross!” "

https://www.josephprince.org/blog/d...hteousness-is-not-right-doing-but-right-being

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"Jesus Loves Me! This I Know"

"I heard a story of a minister from Oregon who was assigned to provide counselling in a state mental institution. His first assignment was to a padded cell that housed deranged, barely clothed patients. The stench of human excrement filled the room. He couldn't even talk to the inmates, let alone counsel them - the only responses he got were groans, moans and demonic laughter."

"Then the Holy Spirit prompted him to sit in the middle of the room and for a full hour sing the famous children's hymn that goes "Jesus loves me! This I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong; they are weak, but He is strong." Nothing happened at the end of the first day, but he persisted. For weeks he would sit and sing the same melody with greater conviction each time: "Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! Yes, Jesus loves me! The Bible tells me so."

"As the days passed, the patients began singing with him one by one. Amazingly, by the end of the first month, thirty-six of the severely ill patients were transferred from the high-dependency ward to a self-care ward. Within a year, all but two were discharged from the mental institution."

"The Power of Right Believing: 7 Keys to Freedom from Fear, Guilt, and Addiction"
By Joseph Prince [ch 3, p.33]:

The Power of Right Believing

My brother Clement: Over on the other board where we first met is a link with stories of inspiration and hope. Would you please post this exact post over there for all of us, including the lunatics at the foot of the mountain. You are such a joy!

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"I began to realize that when people experience the love of God, it casts out their fear and frees them from guilt.

"The more I thought to myself, 'Are my thoughts right, am I being obedient enough?' the worse it was... one of the most painful things you can experience in life is not so much physical pain, but being self-occupied. Because to the extent you are self-occupied, that's the extent you will be in pain.

"I'm not saying everything out there is bad and toxic, but there are some things that are not scriptural. For example, some people don't understand that the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/joseph_prince

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"It's Not The End When The Lord Is With You"

Dear ClementofA: The fact is He is the Beginning & the Ending AND the Guide to both! The entire process starts and ends with Him! Our wee lives are moving in a direction which swallows us up in Him! I for one, can think of nothing more wonderful: NOTHING!

• Winner
Reactions: ClementofA
Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I fell into a long season of willful sins and when I realized what I was doing I tried to repent of it. I was able to physically repent of my sins in the manner of simply not doing them anymore. I was able to quit my addictions and etc. but my soul still has a void in the inside. I think I even remember a time when I sensed the Holy Spirit left me. I keep praying and praying and interceding but God does not answer. I search for him diligently but he will not be found by me.

Perhaps God is teaching you to live by faith instead of feelings?

Jesus is the Lily of the valley. Could He be taking you through the valley for a time & for a purpose.

As a "trial of your faith":

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: (1 Pet.1:7)

"Don Francisco's, Love is not a feeling from the album "The Early Works" "

"Live life conscious of how much God loves you...":
https://www.christianforums.com/thr...ou-will-be-free-indeed.8068728/#post-72795746

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Even in this life people get 2nd chances. Not only that, but 10th, 100th, 1,000th, etc.

Even - apostates - (1 Tim.1:19-20) were being given another chance:

19 holding on to faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and thereby shipwrecked their faith.
20 Among them are Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan to be taught not to blaspheme.

21 Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?
22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not just seven times, but seventy-seven times!

Luke 17:4
Even if he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times returns to say, 'I repent,' you must forgive him."

Love covers a - multitude - of sins.

***Above all***, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

"Mercy triumphs over judgement" - Love Omnipotent (God)

You cannot sin beyond the ability of God's grace to save you:

"where sin increased, grace abounded all the more"

"I tell you, her sins--and they are many--have been forgiven"

If you want to know how much God loves you, look to the incarnation, life, sufferings, and crucifixion of Christ. His love & power for you are greater than the size of the universe:

Upvote 0