• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

So I saw a Urologist today...

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
and well, there's nothing wrong with my prostate, but there's an issue with a nerve that connects to the testicles. When I've gone fully abstinent for about a week, and am "backed up" down there, it puts pressure on the nerve, which causes me pain.

It's not life threatening or cancer like maybe I feared if it had been an enlarged prostate issue but....

I don't know how to say this other than I have a medical need to [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], more often than wet dreams can accommodate for, and don't have a wife.
I don't have any prospects for a wife, or anything.

Doctor of course says.. just.. touch, take off the pressure.

1 Corinthians 10:13 says I won't be tempted above what I can bear but is God just expecting me to bear through physical pain all the time?

• Prayers
Reactions: JohnC101

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I mean am I supposed to mutilate myself to deal with it? Is Christ actually literal in some cases about cutting off parts of the body that cause you to sin? Cause I don't know how to deal with it when it's recurring pain and pressure, and the only way to alleviate it, most people consider sin.

Upvote 0

JohnC101

Aug 14, 2022
Orangeburg
✟71,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Honestly, I don't really know how to answer that question. I'd like to think that you could, because of the medical issue, but I'm not entirely sure.

Concerning your condition, you may want to get a second opinion from another doctor, I don't think I've ever heard of that medical problem, and there are other things it could be.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Honestly, I don't really know how to answer that question. I'd like to think that you could, because of the medical issue, but I'm not entirely sure.

Concerning your condition, you may want to get a second opinion from another doctor, I don't think I've ever heard of that medical problem, and there are other things it could be.

the urologist said they had another patient, with a similar issue, where it gets painful if they don't [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] after awhile, but they were married, just their wife didn't want to have sex as often as he needed, and because of his faith he also didn't want to touch to alleviate the pain.

I find that dreadful, they have a need but it's not being provided for, even by their wife.

This guy's concern was "wasting seed" thinking Genesis 38:9-10 was about masturbation, which is common but it wasn't about that it was about not wanting his brother's wife to conceive a child that wouldn't legally be his, basically not fulfilling his duty to keep inheritance in the family, which would become part of Levitical Law.

Now that's not my concern, honestly I don't see anything in the bible forbidding touching yourself, but so many other Christians see it as sin that I want to abstain from "appearance of evil"

but anyway, being disabled and relying on the VA for healthcare, I don't know if I have a means for second opinion, but the doctor's explanation made sense.. just the Epididymis putting pressure on a nerve when it gets full, because this pain and pressure spreads from the front of the right side of the scrotum, and travels up the right side of my groin.

It becomes really uncomfortable to sit down, or lay down, and I can't stand for very long.

I just wonder if masturbation (without inappropriate content or lustful fantasies mind you) is not an escape, then what is? Prayer has not alleviated the pain or provided a legal means of relief.

• Prayers
Reactions: JohnC101
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,428.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I take no issue with masturbating when there is no other means of release as long as it is done responsibly. My concern is in being prudent about it as opposed to the debate about doing it or not. What I'm about to post is my approach to it that I've mentioned here before.

1) Don't make excuses to touch. Don't do it out of boredom, loneliness, or even just because it feels good.
2) Don't watch inappropriate content or view other illicit images. It will blur the line between masturbating out of real need or because of artificial arousal.
3) Once you are sure you really need to do it, feel free to touch. You'll feel much more comfortable and your head will be clearer.
4) Take a shower as soon as is reasonable as per Leviticus 15. You'll feel much cleaner and healthier.

Upvote 0

JohnC101

Aug 14, 2022
Orangeburg
✟71,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
the urologist said they had another patient, with a similar issue, where it gets painful if they don't [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] after awhile, but they were married, just their wife didn't want to have sex as often as he needed, and because of his faith he also didn't want to touch to alleviate the pain.

I find that dreadful, they have a need but it's not being provided for, even by their wife.

This guy's concern was "wasting seed" thinking Genesis 38:9-10 was about masturbation, which is common but it wasn't about that it was about not wanting his brother's wife to conceive a child that wouldn't legally be his, basically not fulfilling his duty to keep inheritance in the family, which would become part of Levitical Law.

Now that's not my concern, honestly I don't see anything in the bible forbidding touching yourself, but so many other Christians see it as sin that I want to abstain from "appearance of evil"

but anyway, being disabled and relying on the VA for healthcare, I don't know if I have a means for second opinion, but the doctor's explanation made sense.. just the Epididymis putting pressure on a nerve when it gets full, because this pain and pressure spreads from the front of the right side of the scrotum, and travels up the right side of my groin.

It becomes really uncomfortable to sit down, or lay down, and I can't stand for very long.

I just wonder if masturbation (without inappropriate content or lustful fantasies mind you) is not an escape, then what is? Prayer has not alleviated the pain or provided a legal means of relief.
Understood, I'm pretty sure that the VA does authorize second opinions, but you need to contact them directly at an office or by phone.

Mikha'el before me gave what I think is the best advice concerning masturbation, do so as is necessary.

May God bless you on your endeavors.

Upvote 0