Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
that if I say I think female clergy are a godsend and long overdue (even though many have been aroundfor 20 yers or more) that I won't get banned.

What do you think? Will I?

"."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
that if I say I think female clergy are a godsend and long overdue (even though many have been aroundfor 20 yers or more) that I won't get banned.

No you will not get banned for saying that. In fact, it is true, women priests are a great asset to my church, and I am sure to many others.

:wave:

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

Of course you can say that. I think you are wrong, but its not against the forum rules to disagree with me. :wave:

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married

As long as said pastor isn't gay of course.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Is there a theological topic for this thread?

It would appear not.

The question as I see it, motivated by some form of bet, is roughly:

Is Christian Forum the kind of place where the ordination of women can be freely debated, with views both for and against tolerated, or are any proponents of women's ordination necessarily debarred from debate, and banned from the Forum.

Several answers have been presented, all pretty much saying that free debate and the free interchange of ideas is, indeed, tolerated. These answers have not really been answered, the only issue that was raised from them by the OP was whether Capitalisation Necessarily Constitutes a Threat. I very much doubt it, or libraries and bookshops throughout the land would be in grave danger of police raids.

We now only have to find out quite how much the OP has won, and how she is going to share it with us. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It would appear not.

Is Christian Forum the kind of place where the ordination of women can be freely debated, with views both for and against tolerated, or are any proponents of women's ordination necessarily debarred from debate, and banned from the Forum.

I suspect you are right in your summary. And if that is the case, this thread belongs in Member Services rather than this sub forum and is off topic here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

higgs2

not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
It would appear not.

Several answers have been presented, all pretty much saying that free debate and the free interchange of ideas is, indeed, tolerated. These answers have not really been answered, the only issue that was raised from them by the OP was whether Capitalisation Necessarily Constitutes a Threat. I very much doubt it, or libraries and bookshops throughout the land would be in grave danger of police raids.

We now only have to find out quite how much the OP has won, and how she is going to share it with us. :)

I put it in theology because I thought the ordination of women was, for some, a theological question.

I won *big bucks*. I will be donating the entire lot to Scholarships for Women going into the Priesthood.

Thanks for you your help, guys.

Upvote 0

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I suspect you are right in your summary. And if that is the case, this thread belongs in Member Services rather than this sub forum and is off topic here.

Since when does motivation of the post determine where it goes? Whether women should be eligible for the priesthood is a legitimate theological question.

Upvote 0