Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Here the paper goods are still absent. The odd one is eggs ? Well hey, I haven't looked in the flour isle, maybe that's empty too ( eggs and flour go together)... Pasta is still low but not empty. Planters nuts also low ( mixed nuts and peanuts but you can get all the cashews you want) ??

My wife buys from King Arthur flour direct, I have to eat gluten free and their GF flour and bake mixes are awesome.

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I usually use wheat flour but there was no type of flour anywhere. Still no tp in the stores I went to. I’m exhausted. Shopping anymore is an ordeal because of the things missing.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The thing is the paper companies say there is no TP shortage. So where is it ? It's largely produced in the US by the way, at least for the US market. They say some people must have a years supply in their garages or someplace !! I read an article on it this morning wondering if the shelves will ever be restocked around here.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Here the paper goods are still absent. The odd one is eggs ? Well hey, I haven't looked in the flour isle, maybe that's empty too ( eggs and flour go together)... Pasta is still low but not empty. Planters nuts also low ( mixed nuts and peanuts but you can get all the cashews you want) ??

My wife buys from King Arthur flour direct, I have to eat gluten free and their GF flour and bake mixes are awesome.

I scored some Dececco pasta at the Italian store yesterday. They had jusst stocked the shelves. They were cleaned out quickly. I got 2 boxs of Rigatoni.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I scored some Dececco pasta at the Italian store yesterday. They had jusst stocked the shelves. They were cleaned out quickly. I got 2 boxs of Rigatoni.
Seems like you got to hit the stores early. If not, you are usually out of luck.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We still have pasta at home for now but doing a quick shopping yesterday I noticed the pasta looked low in the store as I passed by that isle. It's ok, I need GF in that too so someone will have that when we get low. We generally keep about 6 boxes of various shapes in stock here regardless of pandemics.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Try Amazon for flour,
Fortunately there is a local privately owned small shop, just a phone call, and they seem to stock everything, and they deliver. Here in the UK, the supermarkets have long queues. I am high risk and not allowed out anyway.
Trying times, lots of prayer needed. :oops:

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Try Amazon for flour,
Fortunately there is a local privately owned small shop, just a phone call, and they seem to stock everything, and they deliver. Here in the UK, the supermarkets have long queues. I am high risk and not allowed out anyway.
Trying times, lots of prayer needed. :oops:
I have enough to hold me. I just know I am going to need more. I hope I can get some soon. I try to avoid Amazon, etc. prayers for you and your health! :pray:

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have enough to hold me. I just know I am going to need more. I hope I can get some soon. I try to avoid Amazon, etc. prayers for you and your health! :pray:
Thank you so much for your prayers, I muddle through :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

It was hard getting eggs a week or so ago.

And that was just the prepper-hoarder crowd that has disrupted the grocery stores. Wait until the hospitals get overloaded in your neighborhood. The shelves will be cleaned even of gummy bears.

I don't want to be responsible for starting a run on gummy bears. Point being the fear of this virus is the more dangerous virus. Not that the Wuhan virus is nothing, but the fear will be worse.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
2 Timothy 1:7 comes to mind.
It was hard getting eggs a week or so ago.

And that was just the prepper-hoarder crowd that has disrupted the grocery stores. Wait until the hospitals get overloaded in your neighborhood. The shelves will be cleaned even of gummy bears.

I don't want to be responsible for starting a run on gummy bears. Point being the fear of this virus is the more dangerous virus. Not that the Wuhan virus is nothing, but the fear will be worse.

Upvote 0