So how is that BLM thing going?

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BLM's $6 million mansion a clear violation of IRS law, watchdog charges

NYC Mayor questions BLM over recent gun violence: ‘Where are those who stated Black Lives Matter? The victims were Black’

Patrisse Cullors falsely claims BLM was insolvent before $6M mansion buy

Now...I an not trying to make this into an "I told you so" thread. But I did call it two years ago. I am just curious as to what people think about BLM, especially those who were pro-BLM post George Floyd and how they think about it now in light of all the new revelations.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
BLM's $6 million mansion a clear violation of IRS law, watchdog charges

NYC Mayor questions BLM over recent gun violence: ‘Where are those who stated Black Lives Matter? The victims were Black’

Patrisse Cullors falsely claims BLM was insolvent before $6M mansion buy

Now...I an not trying to make this into an "I told you so" thread. But I did call it two years ago. I am just curious as to what people think about BLM, especially those who were pro-BLM post George Floyd and how they think about it now in light of all the new revelations.

The financial mismanagement (see also fraud, theft, etc.) of the BLM movement is of little concern to me. What is a concern to me about it is that it was founded on a lie, and that lie has now become The Truth. And The Truth is doing more harm than good. When something happens to a black person we don't analyze it to see what mistakes were made and formulate a plan to avoid it in the future, we simply find some white person to blame it on and wait for it to happen again. And it happens again and the falsehood feeds on itself and gets stronger to the point that the lie takes on a life of its own. And that is what we are living with now.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,190.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I am just curious as to what people think about BLM, especially those who were pro-BLM post George Floyd and how they think about it now in light of all the new revelations.
Nothing will change. A comedian once truly said "There's no cure for stupid".

• Agree
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,523.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I actually think political movements are like a pendulum. They swing so far in one direction, then head back to the center. BLM, defunding police, and some other movements I don't want to mention,(because all this stuff still turns into an argument) were at that far end and we are now going back towards a more moderate center. Hopefully we will keep the core good of these movements and discard the nonsense that surrounds them.

• Winner
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The financial mismanagement (see also fraud, theft, etc.) of the BLM movement is of little concern to me. What is a concern to me about it is that it was founded on a lie, and that lie has now become The Truth. And The Truth is doing more harm than good. When something happens to a black person we don't analyze it to see what mistakes were made and formulate a plan to avoid it in the future, we simply find some white person to blame it on and wait for it to happen again. And it happens again and the falsehood feeds on itself and gets stronger to the point that the lie takes on a life of its own. And that is what we are living with now.
And what do you suppose is the problem?

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I actually think political movements are like a pendulum. They swing so far in one direction, then head back to the center. BLM, defunding police, and some other movements I don't want to mention,(because all this stuff still turns into an argument) were at that far end and we are now going back towards a more moderate center. Hopefully we will keep the core good of these movements and discard the nonsense that surrounds them.
I agree. However, I believe the center will fall somewhere on top of "All lives matter."

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,893.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing will change. A comedian once truly said "There's no cure for stupid".
The people who support things like this will never admit they were wrong and as for BLM these negative stories and investigations are proof of racism to them and their followers

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,359.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

BLM the movement? It served (and is serving to some extent) its purpose. Got people asking questions. Thinking about what we should value. Who we should value. How we should address racism. Who is responsible. Who suffers. What form it takes. Made us think. Opened up conversations. Focussed our attention.

All those things are positives.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And what do you suppose is the problem?

The problem right now is that there is too much money to be made and too much power to be gained from the lie. It's a simple matter of fraud writ large. "Society is out to get you and I am the only one who can save you. Vote for me and give me money".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Made us think
Yes it did for those who remember... what happened to the views of the black movement in the 60s and how did they get reversed? Where did 'content of character' get changed back to being 'colour of skin'? That is a step backwards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,359.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes it did for those who remember... what happened to the views of the black movement in the 60s and how did they get reversed? Where did 'content of character' get changed back to being 'colour of skin'?

There was a change in how the black movement was viewed because it got people asking questions. Thinking about what we should value. Who we should value. How we should address racism. Who is responsible. Who suffers. What form it takes. Made us think. Opened up conversations. Focussed our attention.

Seems we need constant reminders.

And content of character will be the only consideration when it is the only consideration.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,359.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The problem right now is that there is too much money to be made and too much power to be gained from the lie. It's a simple matter of fraud writ large. "Society is out to get you and I am the only one who can save you. Vote for me and give me money".

Who is giving who money? How can I get some?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Who is giving who money? How can I get some?

Well honestly, this thread was started due in part to a six million dollar mansion being bought with BLM donations. Trust me, somebody somewhere at some time gave them that money. According to the Black Lives Matter website:

"#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer."

That is a lie. Trayvon Martin was not murdered. George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin in self defense after Trayvon Martin attacked him. That is what a very long drawn out examination of the facts proved.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,359.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well honestly, this thread was started due in part to a six million dollar mansion being bought with BLM donations. Trust me, somebody somewhere at some time gave them that money. According to the Black Lives Matter website:

"#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer."

That is a lie. Trayvon Martin was not murdered. George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin in self defense after Trayvon Martin attacked him. That is what a very long drawn out examination of the facts proved.

Ah, you're talking about the BLM organisation and those who are involved in the financial side of it. I was talking about the movement itself. I find it constructive to differentiate between the two.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ah, you're talking about the BLM organisation and those who are involved in the financial side of it. I was talking about the movement itself. I find it constructive to differentiate between the two.

I did in fact differentiate between the two in my first reply. The fraud going on is a sideshow. The weightier matter here is what the movement is promoting. And what they are promoting is getting people killed. They are in effect telling people that they do not have to comply with the police. That is not something I would go around saying.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,359.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I did in fact differentiate between the two in my first reply. The fraud going on is a sideshow. The weightier matter here is what the movement is promoting. And what they are promoting is getting people killed. They are in effect telling people that they do not have to comply with the police. That is not something I would go around saying.

Me neither. But in any movement there are morons and fools. And many dumb things are done under the umbrella of that movement. The op asked for a general view as to the effects of the BLM movement. I have given my views. Maybe you could address those.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
maybe that could be explained to those who were assaulted, killed, or had their business destroyed as a result of that movement.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,359.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
maybe that could be explained to those who were assaulted, killed, or had their business destroyed as a result of that movement.

I think that was covered. You must have read it. I'll write it again:

But in any movement there are morons and fools. And many dumb things are done under the umbrella of that movement. The op asked for a general view as to the effects of the BLM movement. I have given my views. Maybe you could address those.

And to morons and fools I will add thugs and thieves. There are always those who will take advantage of any movement.

Upvote 0