Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I live in sw FL, it gets really hot down here, especially in the summer. It's hard to garden in the summer, I usually work outside early in the morning or late in evening. Weeds pop up more often in the summer when it rains more down here. The rain helps water the plants, but the bad plants like weeds grow more often too. I dig them up with a trowel, try to dig up the root. My mm has bought some new plants, like hostas. The tropical climate is good for big leaves like that. I'd prefer more flowers. The roses are blooming more. i wish I could get the roses to take off and bloom like mad, with thick leaves and flowers, but they are spindly and weak, roses don't do good in Florida. I would like to grow sun flowers. Hibiscus, which are related to the rose of Sharon, grow well in Florida. My mom likes to water the yard. usually it rains after she does this. I hate to do it but I have to squish some pesky insects to stop them from eating up plants we like. I wear thick gardening gloves to protect my hands.

Some of my favorite tropical plants are: lantana, plumpago, butterfly weed/bush, ixora, crepe myrtle, passion flower, impatients/vinca, petunia, pansy, there are others I'm thinking of but cannot remember their names.