Slum ministry helps outcasts in India, Asia materially, spiritually

mayfly

Jun 13, 2007
✟15,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Today, our missionary teams serve in thousands of slum neighborhoods, bringing hope in a two-fold manner—through the message of Jesus' redemption and through living out His sacrificial love. They conduct free medical clinics and teach basic hygiene and preventive health measures. They provide literacy classes for adults, conduct tutoring classes for children and hold weekly Sunday schools. They have planted hundreds of churches, and thousands have heard the Gospel.
http://gfa.org/slumministry

You see this ministry helps people physically and materially. It is typical of so many Bible-believing, bornagain evangelical ministries.

But is does not support the social gospel. In fact GFA is fundamentalist in its adherence to the bornagain Gospel message. For them the social works are good works, not a work program to get forgiveness.

theIdi0t

Veteran
May 22, 2007
✟10,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
http://gfa.org/slumministry

You see this ministry helps people physically and materially. It is typical of so many Bible-believing, bornagain evangelical ministries.

But is does not support the social gospel. In fact GFA is fundamentalist in its adherence to the bornagain Gospel message. For them the social works are good works, not a work program to get forgiveness.

There is no Social Gospel there is only the Gospel.

"Religion that is pure and undefiled before God and the Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their affliction and to keep oneself unstained by the world."

If you disagree with this, then you have just made friends with the spirit of the antichrist.

Read Isaiah:
"What care I for the number of your sacrifices? says the LORD. I have had enough of whole-burnt rams and fat of fatlings; In the blood of calves, lambs and goats I find no pleasure.

When you come in to visit me, who asks these things of you?

Trample my courts no more! Bring no more worthless offerings; your incense is loathsome to me. New moon and sabbath, calling of assemblies, octaves with wickedness: these I cannot bear.

Your new moons and festivals I detest; they weigh me down, I tire of the load.

When you spread out your hands, I close my eyes to you; Though you pray the more, I will not listen. Your hands are full of blood!

Wash yourselves clean! Put away your misdeeds from before my eyes; cease doing evil; learn to do good. Make justice your aim: redress the wronged, hear the orphan's plea, defend the widow."
Read Ezekiel, tell us why Sodom was destroyed:
"And look at the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters were proud, sated with food, complacent in their prosperity, and they gave no help to the poor and needy."
Which Nation does this remind you of today if it is not our own? Sad to say but the Church has become as Sodom as well.

Isaiah tells us to make Justice our aim. James tells us a pure and undefiled Religion is one that tends to the orphan and the widow, but what is your religion? is it defiled?

Social Gospel is the Gospel.

Repent and learn what it means.

Upvote 0

mayfly

Jun 13, 2007
✟15,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is no Social Gospel there is only the Gospel.

If I or an angel from heaven preach any other Gospel unto you than that which you've received, let him be damned/accursed.

Yes, there are false Christs and false gospels just as our Lord and the Apostle Paul said.

Upvote 0

FluffyRabbitHunter

Apr 27, 2007
✟7,815.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mayfly, the user was suggesting that trying to split Jesus' message into a religious gospel and a social gospel is impossible because they are the same.

The gospel is the good news about Jesus: Jesus is Lord. That is the basic gospel, the basic creed. Don't try to add anything unecessary to it!

Upvote 0

mayfly

Jun 13, 2007
✟15,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mayfly, the user was suggesting that trying to split Jesus' message into a religious gospel and a social gospel is impossible because they are the same.

The gospel is the good news about Jesus: Jesus is Lord. That is the basic gospel, the basic creed. Don't try to add anything unecessary to it!
I appreciate what you are saying and thank you for it. Ask yourself if there is an equally plausible interpretation: That the commands of the Bible are not the Gospel.

The Old and New Testamentss commanded us to do and avoid many activities... but one would be very hard pressed to include them ALL under the umbrella heading of "the gospel".

As a clue consider this: The Gospel is always presented in the Bible as a message (logical content, facts) to be (1) proclaimed and (2) either embraced or rejected. Nowhere is the gospel presented in the Bible as a way of life or path of good works.

That is the basic gospel, the basic creed. Don't try to add anything unecessary to it!
Perhaps you can see that adding social works is the unnecessary part. (One can embrace the gospel and repent and die at once and go to heaven without doing social work, so social work is a addition, a follow on after salvation.)

Upvote 0