StandForTruth

The battle rages..
Dec 29, 2003
✟361.00
Faith
Catholic
wooderson said:
Joey(the main drummer, there are 3) is awsome. try find a metal drummer that can play 1/16 notes consistantly

Okay.
The guy from The Berzerker (his top speed is 19 beats per second or something. With one hand. Heh.)
Tony Laureno
Fredrik Andersson
Dave Lombardo
Flo Mounier
Doc
Inferno
Danny Herrera
Gene Hoglan
Jeremy Peterson

..come to mind off the top of my head.

Stop fellating Joey, he is really not all that.

Upvote 0

wooderson

Jan 10, 2004
Kansas City, Mo.
✟15,144.00
Faith
Christian
playing with your hand is one thing, im talking about his feet. yes i know there are better drummers out there but to deny he has any talent is rediculous. dany carrey of tool could drum him and just about anyone else under the table. so could neil pert of rush.

Mended Ear,

So if everything i do every single day doesnt praise Christ im defecating on Him? going by that statement everyday, everybody in the world defecates on Him. including yourself, cause im sure not everysingle thing you do every single day lifts God up. not that im judging you but nobodies perfect

Upvote 0

Mended Ear

Sonic Dove
Jan 11, 2004
Earth
✟15,167.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Posted by wooderson:

Mended Ear,

So if everything i do every single day doesnt praise Christ im defecating on Him? going by that statement everyday, everybody in the world defecates on Him. including yourself, cause im sure not everysingle thing you do every single day lifts God up. not that im judging you but nobodies perfect

wooderson, I stand by my statement, not saying that I'm exempt from it. Every thought, word, and deed has to glorify our Lord Jesus. If it doesn't, we drag ourselves, our brothers and sisters, and Christ who is in us through the slime. We as the body, are in this together. This is our sin; when we don't edify the body, when we don't lift up our Lord, we are sinning against Him. In other words, if we are not serving, we are sinning. Big waste of time and energy. Believe me, I'm one of the biggest wasters of time and energy. Pray for me. Sinner in the house.

Upvote 0

scott29

Apr 14, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟15,288.00
Faith
Christian
Corey Taylor is a great guy and probably 90% of the talent in that band. As far as the majority Slipknot, I can tell you that they stepped on everyone and everything in their path to get where they are. If I wrote down everything they did to other bands and people to get signed and the tactics they used, I don't think anyone would be able to feel right about buying their music. I could count the genuinely nice people in that band on one hand and still have fingers left over. Believe me, I know most of the guys in Slipknot.

And they aren't satanic, or at least they weren't when they were signed.

Upvote 0

StandForTruth

The battle rages..
Dec 29, 2003
✟361.00
Faith
Catholic
wooderson said:
playing with your hand is one thing, im talking about his feet.

Footwork? Listen to Flo's drum solo on Cryptopsy's live album. Amazing.

Mended Ear said:
wooderson, I stand by my statement, not saying that I'm exempt from it. Every thought, word, and deed has to glorify our Lord Jesus. If it doesn't, we drag ourselves, our brothers and sisters, and Christ who is in us through the slime. We as the body, are in this together. This is our sin; when we don't edify the body, when we don't lift up our Lord, we are sinning against Him. In other words, if we are not serving, we are sinning. Big waste of time and energy.

Perhaps, but I do not think it is so easy to divide up what is "edfying" and what is not. Jesus Himself partied, drank, defecated.. probably played with other children when He was young, et cetera. If these things were wrong, I doubt that He would have. How is listening to music any different?

Upvote 0

xtxArchxAngelxtx

Peace Keeper
Aug 18, 2003
Dayton Ohio
Visit site
✟16,903.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
coolhandluke said:
Slipknot...I just don't understand how people can get into their music. My sister's boyfriend/soon to be fiancee is friends with them, so I'm sure they're nice people or whatever, but I just can't get into the music.
I enjoy peaceful worship music, yet I love thier type of music as well

Upvote 0

xtxArchxAngelxtx

Peace Keeper
Aug 18, 2003
Dayton Ohio
Visit site
✟16,903.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
TovahTikvah said:
So how do you Slipknot fans reconcile the violence in their songs with basics like, oh, I don't know, the Ten Commandments. "I want to slit your throat" doesn't jibe well with "Thou shalt not kill" does it?
Thou shall not murder* (small difference)

but I agree, it is not a goo testamony for sure, however, I do not let the lyrics control my life. Just like how it's ok to drink, to much and you will get drunk. If I listen to too much of slipknot my mind does infact start getting violent, cause I have a past of violence, but at the same time, it's a way for me to vent my anger... the actual sound at least, same with Heavy rock christian abnds such as Porject 86 or Skillet.

Upvote 0

wooderson

Jan 10, 2004
Kansas City, Mo.
✟15,144.00
Faith
Christian
you took the words out of my mouth. and there is also a big difference between saying im gonna slit you throat and actually doin it. as archangel said its more of a venting thing. instead of actually doing it, just talking about it. no it does not make for a good witness, and if i were to be around you and you didnt like it i would turn it off. as it says in
Roman 14:13] Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums