Tel Aviv
✟21,518.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
A long time ago, I used to get terrifying episodes where I would wake up, totally paralyzed and feel a heavy weight on my chest, like something was standing on me.

At the same time, I would sense that there was something of pure evil and malice in the dark room with me.

Both the thing standing on my chest, and the terror of the being in the room noticing me, made it almost impossible to breathe.

Every time it happened, I would fight to muster the strength to cry out to Jesus, and poof! it would disappear and everything would be back to normal.

This is how I learnt experientially, that pure evil does exist and the fact we are not completely destroyed by it, is because Good is stronger, and God restrains the evil, and that calling upon the name of Jesus saves (Romans 10:13)

I haven't had such attacks in more than 20 years, even though I've slept in some dodgy places and neglected to pray over the room.

Incidentally, it was revealed in my heart that the windows to such attacks were opened by me playing Doom video games. Although I still play video games, there are some types I avoid.

I'm curious if anyone else here has experienced something similar? What other sorts of windows can we open in our lives to demonic attack?

JohnB445

Aug 24, 2018
Illinois
✟176,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A long time ago, I used to get terrifying episodes where I would wake up, totally paralyzed and feel a heavy weight on my chest, like something was standing on me.

At the same time, I would sense that there was something of pure evil and malice in the dark room with me.

Both the thing standing on my chest, and the terror of the being in the room noticing me, made it almost impossible to breathe.

Every time it happened, I would fight to muster the strength to cry out to Jesus, and poof! it would disappear and everything would be back to normal.

This is how I learnt experientially, that pure evil does exist and the fact we are not completely destroyed by it, is because Good is stronger, and God restrains the evil, and that calling upon the name of Jesus saves (Romans 10:13)

I haven't had such attacks in more than 20 years, even though I've slept in some dodgy places and neglected to pray over the room.

Incidentally, it was revealed in my heart that the windows to such attacks were opened by me playing Doom video games. Although I still play video games, there are some types I avoid.

I'm curious if anyone else here has experienced something similar? What other sorts of windows can we open in our lives to demonic attack?

I had a similar experience.

And it stopped instantly the moment I was able to say Jesus. I was struggling to mutter out his name, I could only get the J part, until I was able to say his name Jesus, the paralysis stopped. and I was completely perplexed what had just happened.

This happened when I was a new believer, the first year.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,879.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I had a similar experience once long ago. Was awakened by something on top of me, and I struggled with it for a minute or two. When I became fully awake I was sweating, and my arm muscles were a little sore, as if I had been really struggling against something physical.

• Prayers
Reactions: levnishbar
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome to CF! I had SP frequently when I practiced meditation. Then they came back when I repented and became a true Christian. I figure I was being tested and harrassed. My last experience, which was quite a while ago, I simply laughed and said I am with Jesus Christ of Nazareth now. Poof gone!
Blessings.

Reactions: levnishbar
Upvote 0

Theopalcross

Nov 17, 2022
Mulberry
✟16,293.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
i had this happen once as a Satanist at the time. I was deep in the practice and even pricked my finger for stuff to come out for the paper to sign my soul to devil. And burn it. to ashes. Shortly after i experienced what i would call a demonic prescience in my room and on my throat. I didn't call for Jesus but i basically muttered get off of me ! And asserted my strength over the force. Werther it was god forcing it off me or just me asserting myself. it happened and now as a Born again Christian i see now it was likely god and me working together. even if i didn't know it

• Agree
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Evil doors can be opened in so many ways. If God tells us to remain under His shelter, It is very wise to just do as we've been told. Our lifestyle, must conform to the will of God. If we wander away from God's presence, there may not be any protection for us, in that place where we've gone to.

A certain married man of God, was caught in another man's home with their wife. The woman's husband just walked out & left the two alone but had already warned this pastor, that he would not remain alive for long.

A few days later, that pastor began to complain about hearing things and experiencing sleep paralysis nearly everyday, up until he was found dead on one morning. Some will say he was bewitched whilst others may say that. Only God knows for sure what happened.

Upvote 0