Penang
✟46,081.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Exodus 12: "12 “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord. 13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt."

So the first born were all deserved to die?
Who will give them justice?
In modern day, isn't this a genocide? Ethnic cleansing?

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Exodus 12: "12 “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord. 13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt."

Does modern day determine what is justice with God?

Does all mankind deserve physical death because of Adam's sin?

He is Creator, he owns us, we have no rights against him, rather he has all rights over us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

According to my understanding, the first born didn't "deserve" to die.
According to the scriptures, the judgment against Egypt came from Pharaohs own mouth.

Upvote 0

LayHong_Loves_Christ

Jun 14, 2020
Penang
✟46,081.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Does modern day determine what is justice with God?

Does all mankind deserve physical death because of Adam's sin?

He is Creator, he owns us, we have no rights against him, rather he has all rights over us.
sounds dictatorship and against God's rational merciful nature.

Upvote 0

LayHong_Loves_Christ

Jun 14, 2020
Penang
✟46,081.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
According to my understanding, the first born didn't "deserve" to die.

According to the scriptures, the judgment against Egypt came from Pharaohs own mouth.
Then why not just killed Pharoah's family first born instead of all Egyptian families?

Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

5Then [c]the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent[d] of the thoughts of his heart was only evil [e]continually. 6And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 7So the Lord said, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth, both man and beast, creeping thing and birds of the air, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. Gen 6:5-8

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Then why not just killed Pharoah's family first born instead of all Egyptian families?
Your questions are legitimate, but naive. It's not as simple as you make it, as (IMO) it takes knowing scripture to understand God's purposes. For example, God was exacting justice on the nation Egypt by killing their firstborn, because Egypt killed the nation Israel's firstborn. Furthermore, God was foretelling the sacrifice of Christ in that action. Furthermore, nations (or groups of people) are considered guilty of sin if the leader sins. Thus, the whole nation suffered the consequence of Pharaoh's sin. It teaches us that sin (or righteousness) is far reaching and affects whole nations. In addition to that, God foretold how Christ's blood was to save people, by sparing all the firstborn who believed God and painted their doorposts with blood. Also, God was revealing Himself as the one true God (as opposed to the gods of Egypt). Therefore, you can't take one single attribute of God (merciful) and make it the whole of God, lest you distort your view of God and misinterpret what He does. God is just and merciful. He is both wrathful and loving. He both interrupts some peoples' lives, and lets others go their own way. We just have to accept that He is God, and surrender to His will, because we're not gods, and we don't have the right nor the competence to judge Him.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because Pharaohs judgment was to kill all the firstborn of the Israelite families. It was Pharaoh's judgment from his own mouth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
sounds dictatorship and against God's rational merciful nature.
What do you know of God's justice?
God is not only merciful, he is also just. . .he sends not only to eternal life but also to eternal punishment (Mt 25:46).

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The leader sins mean the whole nation sins?
If Biden sins then the whole America will pay for his sin? Agree?
No, we are responsible only for personal sin, Biden is not our spiritual ancestor that we inherit his sin.
If the first born is an innocent baby who knew nothing, how will God judge him on the judgement day?
Scripture does not answer that particular question, but it does state that the redeemed have been chosen before all time.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not exactly. First off scripture teaches that everybody has sinned in some manner of degree, but I don't see this as being about a leader's sins. I see this as being about the difference between fair judgment and hypocritical judgment of others. As I have already said, this is about Pharaoh's judgment upon the Israelites being returned to him.

See this true dichotomy: Morality/immorality.

Morality= Caring about how one's actions will affects others.
Immorality= NOT caring about how one's actions will affects others.

Now consider that the Moral commandments are:
Love God with all your heart mind and soul, and love others as you would want to be loved.
These commandments exhibit a Morality that is without hypocrisy.

And this is why Jesus and the apostles taught that we should be careful not to judge others so as to condemn, because we ourselves will be judged by whatever measure we use to judge others. Hence Pharoah's measure of judgment came from his own mouth and returned to him.

Thus, the proverb teaches:

Proverbs 26:27​

King James Version​

27 Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not exactly. First off scripture teaches that everybody has sinned in some manner of degree, but I don't see this as being about a leader's sins. I see this as being about the difference between fair judgment and hypocritical judgment. As I have already said, this is about Pharaoh's judgment upon the Israelites being returned to him.

See this true dichotomy: Morality/immorality.

Morality= Caring about how one's actions will affects others.
Immorality= NOT caring about how one's actions will affects others.
How does incest, which is immoral, affect anyone other than the two involved?

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does incest, which is immoral, affect anyone other than the two involved?
Hmmm. I'd first wonder if it's consensual. But either way I think it's probable that there will be some guilt which can alter one's countenance and subsequently their demeanor around others. What if one loses some measure of joy when losing innocence? Does losing one's joy count as affecting others? I think we all affect each other in ways that we may not realize because we don't actually know what we're missing or what we have been spared. Morality and immorality are positive and negative energies that do things.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You betchum. When Achan sinned, his whole family was put to death, along with his animals, and his possessions were burned. This is what God thinks of blatant rebellion against His commands. Achan was the head of his house, therefore his whole house was included in the consequence of his sin. Look throughout the scripture, and you'll see this numerous times. God said he visits sin to the third generation. In addition, because of Adam's sin, the whole human race is suffering with the sin nature (Rom. 5).

It's not to discount Eze. 18 where God says children shall not be punished for the father's sin, and vice versa. God didn't change his mind, and He is not whimsical on who he punishes for what sin, or when. Since all people are under sin, God has the right to punish whoever He will, and their blood is on their own heads. IOW, every person is culpable for the sin they commit.

In regard to the U.S., Biden was elected into office, and therefore, if he sins in some way (like he is doing with open borders), the whole nation suffers the consequences (in some way, like the threat of terrorism, greater tax burden, threat of national bankruptcy, etc.). It doesn't seem as direct as what happened in the Exodus story, but is nevertheless real. Since the leaders of the nation are elected by the people, then their corruption is the peoples' corruption, would you agree? What do you think God will do to this nation if immorality wins like it did in Sodom and Gomorrah?

It means we are desperately in need of revival, and we should be praying for it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If the first born is an innocent baby who knew nothing, how will God judge him on the judgement day?
I get the idea from reading scripture that God will be merciful to innocent children. Just because they are killed early in life doesn't mean God will eternally condemn them with the wicked.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm. I'd first wonder if it's consensual. But either way I think it's probable that there will be some guilt which can alter one's countenance and subsequently their demeanor around others. What if one loses some measure of joy when losing innocence? Does losing one's joy count as affecting others? I think we all affect each other in ways that we may not realize because we don't actually know what we're missing or what we have been spared. Morality and immorality are positive and negative energies that do things.
So you think God's moral laws are about positive and negative energies affecting how others feel?

Upvote 0