Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
The moon
✟18,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's a truth. We have no true righteousness of our own. The best you and I and the rest of the world has is filthy rags. What is the sin that so easily besets us?

What you have described here is not what you said in your first response. Not having righteousness on our own does not mean that everyone is harboring some deep dark secret sin.

And to accuse someone of lying who would say that don't have such a "skeleton" is both cynical and cruel.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Who wants to know? Unless we're very close, I'd tell them that it's none of their business. That's an honest answer. Kind of like how I'd tell my spouse how much I earn, but I wouldn't share that information with random people.

Also, what qualifies as a "skeleton in the closet" will vary depending on who does the asking. As such, one person might think I have a few whereas another who knows the same things about me might conclude that I don't have any. Although we all have sins and things we'd rather forget, I don't see the world through their eyes so I can only speculate about what they'd call skeletons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What you have described here is not what you said in your first response. Not having righteousness on our own does not mean that everyone is harboring some deep dark secret sin.

And to accuse someone of lying who would say that don't have such a "skeleton" is both cynical and cruel.
So not everyone has a deep, dark secret?

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So not everyone has a deep, dark sin?

Why limit a skeleton to a sin? I don't think a skeleton in the closet has to be a sin that you committed. It can be a different kind of personal secret. And I'm not joking about my bone collection anymore LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
P

Paulie079

Yep! I'll even tell them the species....

Why limit a skeleton to a sin? I don't think a skeleton in the closet has to be a sin that you committed. It can be a different kind of personal secret. And I'm not joking about my bone collection anymore LOL

I was just going to say, that first comment was part creepy and part hilarious knowing you love animals :p

And skeletons in my closet? Heck, I have skeletons on my iPod. One of them is named Backstreet Boys. And why I am disclosing this I have no idea :D

Upvote 0

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I was just going to say, that first comment was part creepy and part hilarious knowing you love animals :p

And skeletons in my closet? Heck, I have skeletons on my iPod. One of them is named Backstreet Boys. And why I am disclosing this I have no idea :D

Don't worry, they were already dead when they were collected :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TillICollapse

Dec 12, 2013
✟14,082.00
Marital Status
Single
I could fill an airport with the baggage I have. Skeletons ... hmm ... a small graveyard perhaps, but not too large. Secrets ? I feel like my entire life is a secret, and even when I expose it, it's too hard to believe, accept, it's not easily understood, it's hard to relate to, etc.

Having an air of mystery around you can attract people to you, however, but not always in helpful ways. I don't dig on people who want the thrill of the mystery but none of the other stuff.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

And skeletons in my closet? Heck, I have skeletons on my iPod. One of them is named Backstreet Boys. And why I am disclosing this I have no idea. :D

We don't know either. But I do know this: I just quoted you and so this statement will be up forever and always.

Skeletons. Nope, I don't have any.......yet.

Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0