Not open for further replies.

MY-LIFE-IS-IN-YOU-LORD

I am a Princess because MY DADDY is the KING of KI
Feb 25, 2003
gaston, sc
Visit site
✟164.00
:pray:
please keep my sister in your prayers. She is 16 years old and has been making herself throw up because of peer pressure. she used to be at around 200 lbs and now she is down to a little over 100lbs. She has been hospitalized because of this but is still doing it.
She says she iss o tired of being picked on in school for being :fluffy".{i do not use the word fat because it is just not a nice word] I jus pray that she can release it all to the LORD and begin to live again!
Pray for the awsome power of GOD to manifest itself and to change her life completely.

JOYfulbeliever

Oct 10, 2002
✟3,922.00
Faith
Baptist
It is called bulemia and is a very serious disorder, as you know. I struggled with bulemia/anorexia when I was 14-16 and it took seeing someone almost die to realize that I was in essence, killing myself trying to be thin. Weight is still somewhat of an issue for me, but I am much more comfortable with the way that God made me. God is the only way that I have made it this far, and I know that I could easily "relapse" and go right back to those destructive ways. Keeping Him as my center keeps me where I'm supposed to be. Now, I try to eat healthy and REFUSE to diet in any way, shape, or form, because I know that I will get extremely carried away with it. I will most certainly keep your sister in my prayers. The illness is really an addiction. No matter how thin you get, it isn't thin enough.

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Praying for you sister. Just another suggestion-has she seen a professional counselor? I would think that a counselor could help her deal with her feelings and help her to get started on a healthly diet that would be far better for her than how she is losing weight.

Upvote 0

JOYfulbeliever

Oct 10, 2002
✟3,922.00
Faith
Baptist
I know you have heard this before...but the first step is to admit that you have this problem. Chances are, she doesn't believe this is really a serious problem. I didn't. In the back of my mind, I think I knew that I shouldn't be doing it, but I was obsessed and when I realized that I could control my weight, I was hooked. Another great thing is to get involved with a support group of other people that have been through it and are overcoming it. They can be a HUGE encouragement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
I have the reverse problem i have a suerfast metabalism and can t gain weight. It is not much fun. people think i am anexoic and i am not. i can t eat a lot at one time or i get sick. I am about 105 and should be 110 at least. iam 5' 6". I was up to 120 but got food posioning and lost most of it.

Upvote 0
DID YOU NOW THAT YOU AND THE REST OF THE FAMILY.. IF IN GODS FAITH. WOULD NOW GOD WOULD HELP HER . AND KEEP HERE. YES IT WILL TAKE SOME STRENTH. IN KEEPING THE FAITH . BUT WE WILL ALL PRAY ....KEEP IN THE CHRISTAN SEROUNDINGS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.TRY MEETTING PEOPLE AT YOUR NABERHOOD CHURCH AND HANG OUT WITH PEOPLE  THERE TO STAY WITH JESUS...AND FIND A CHRISTAN CAMP FOR HERE IN THE THE SUMMER..IF SHE WILL. GO AND HAVE LOTS OF FUN IN JESUS. :clap:

'''THE ONLY HELP IS IN GOD''' 

NOT

DOCTORS 

''SORRY''

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yesterday at 11:00 PM J nut Cheri said this in Post #13 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=688750#post688750)

DID YOU NOW THAT YOU AND THE REST OF THE FAMILY.. IF IN GODS FAITH. WOULD NOW GOD WOULD HELP HER . AND KEEP HERE. YES IT WILL TAKE SOME STRENTH. IN KEEPING THE FAITH . BUT WE WILL ALL PRAY ....KEEP IN THE CHRISTAN SEROUNDINGS IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.TRY MEETTING PEOPLE AT YOUR NABERHOOD CHURCH AND HANG OUT WITH PEOPLE  THERE TO STAY WITH JESUS...AND FIND A CHRISTAN CAMP FOR HERE IN THE THE SUMMER..IF SHE WILL. GO AND HAVE LOTS OF FUN IN JESUS. :clap:

'''THE ONLY HELP IS IN GOD''' 

NOT

DOCTORS 

''SORRY''

While I do agree that our help is in God, I do believe that He provides and works through doctors. I have experienced this in my own life. We should take advantage of all the help God provides for us, in whatever way He may choose to provide it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.