charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Throughout times and religions people have tried to make their gods fit what they wanted them to be. Elton John is gay, so he sees Jesus as gay. Not much different from the artists who painted Jesus with blonde hair and blue eyes because that was a common look in their society.

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe that Elton John said, "Jesus was gay."
I think he said, "Jesus was okay." Elton John's mouth must have been full when he spoke those words.
LOL funny.

didn't Jesus say not to concern ourselves with the things of this world? funny though as it is the way you put it i needed to respond.thanks for the laugh.;)

Upvote 0

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is blasphemy because homosexuality is a sin. You are therefore suggesting that Jesus (the image of the father) is a sinner. Suggesting that God sins is a quite obvious example of blasphemy.

But I thought it was just homosexual sex that is the sin...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Elton, 62, declares as he pours out his heart to a magazine: "I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems."
who would have thunk it ?

I read about that in the "Daily Mail". It was probably in other newspapers too - I wouldn't be surprised if it made the headlines in "The Sun". :doh:

It doesn't surprise me. Elton is gay; I don't know if he has actually read the Gospels to find out who Jesus was, but if so, he is obviously seeing, and relating to him, through the eyes of a gay man.
Just as anyone who is white, will think of Jesus as being white and so on.

Jesus is a million times nicer than Elton John.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Penitent Man

the penitent man shall pass
Nov 11, 2009
Clarkson, Ontario
✟16,654.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was profoundly human. As such, He was vulnerable to every earthly temptation, including sexuality (or so I imagine). But what kind of sexuality? Hetero or homo? Does it matter? No, all that matters is that Jesus was able to resist these earthly carnal temptations. So the issue of His earthly sexuality is a non-issue. Jesus was demonstrably neither straight nor gay.

Would it totally ruin everything if we discovered that Jesus was not celibate?

Upvote 0

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You seem to be sort of contradicting yourself. First you state that he was not gay. Then you go on about how he was human and was vulnerable to earthly temptations and then state it doesn't matter if he was hetero or homo. Interesting. And then you state you can demonstrate that he was neither. You just talked yourself in a circle.

I don't think it would ruin anything if Jesus was not celibate, but that's just my opinion.

Upvote 0

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Elton, 62, declares as he pours out his heart to a magazine: "I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems."
who would have thunk it ?

Matthew 12:36
But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.