Singles with physical/mental health issues!

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
It is really hard to get a new group added on this forum. The best you can do is pick the best group based on the topic to post in...is it a singles issue or is it a health issue...and just post. If it is both, then post in both areas. If you want to try to get a group added, you need to take it to the member services area and ask. I tried to get a "mature adults" area added so that married and singles could talk since many topics we were discussing had nothing to do with marital status but were reflections of having lived a few years, but they decided that it wasn't a need right now.

Upvote 0

NOTWHATIWAS

I take my stage direction from God.
Jun 27, 2016
Oregon, USA
✟20,309.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
I have Bi-polar disorder. Satan tries to tell me that I shouldn,t think about marriage because it wouldn,t be fair to saddle some nice man with my mental health issues. However, I pray continually and without doubt in my heart. I,m not asking God to take away my illness but rather to use it to glorify Him. In the meantime, I believe there is someone for me who will love me in spite of my flaws. (Kind of sounds like Jesus)

Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just turned 48 last week and no serious health issues. Just overweight. Got a bad left elbow from a car wreck and a bad right shoulder from the military, but I do whatever I want to as far as physical activities, including gym workouts.

No mental issues, either. As far as I know...

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have Bi-polar disorder. Satan tries to tell me that I shouldn,t think about marriage because it wouldn,t be fair to saddle some nice man with my mental health issues. However, I pray continually and without doubt in my heart. I,m not asking God to take away my illness but rather to use it to glorify Him. In the meantime, I believe there is someone for me who will love me in spite of my flaws. (Kind of sounds like Jesus)
I feel the exact same ways...but I'm starting to lose hope. I struggle with anxiety but my financial situation is more of an issue tbh... If there's someone out there for me..I want to be the best version of myself as possible because like you said no one deserves baggage..I don't know what kind of hellacious life they led on earth they don't need any more issues. I want to be useful to them, help them, love them and hold them tight and love them more than they can love themself... I just want to give my future spouse, if he exists, the best life and the best of myself, have to offer. I feel my life wouldn't be complete if i didn't have anyone to give my love to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I feel the exact same ways...but I'm starting to lose hope. I struggle with anxiety but my financial situation is more of an issue tbh... If there's someone out there for me..I want to be the best version of myself as possible because like you said no one deserves baggage..I don't know what kind of hellacious life they led on earth they don't need any more issues. I want to be useful to them, help them, love them and hold them tight and love them more than they can love themself... I just want to give my future spouse, if he exists, the best life and the best of myself, have to offer. I feel my life wouldn't be complete if i didn't have anyone to give my love to.
I have Cerebral Palsy and it's really hard, Even though I just limp and I have other health issue that is managed with meds but I totally feel ya

• Friendly
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I've got primary progressive ms, potential heart problems and fought depression for years and I'm only 27.... :sigh: Not anyone's ideal partner :sigh:
I have Cerebral Palsy it makes me limp. I think we are all worthy of love. What about Jonathan's son who had crippled feet? He had a son (he was married) King David loved him and made him apart of the family

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
There is a dating website for people with all kinds of disabilities and people who would not mind having relationship with people who have a disability. It's been a while since I looked at it, but it had a wide range of diagnoses to identify with.

I have chronic symptoms that have not been fully diagnosed. For the most part I can function, but I don't think I would be very fun to date while I'm working full time and raising sons. My fatigue and pain level gets to high to pile a relationship on top of that, unless he was ok with Netflix and Chill and didn't mind if I fell asleep! LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamantina

Catholic revert and Lay Carmelite
Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2008
West Covina, California
Visit site
✟55,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I have double depression (chronic mild depression with periodic episodes of severe depression). Previously I met the criteria for PTSD and Borderline Personality Disorder, but it seems that I no longer do so. Thank Heaven that the right combination of meds have kept me pretty much on an even keel for the past 12 years or so, although I am still on SSI. I doubt that I would ever be able to work full-time, since I tire easily and have good days and bad days. Besides, a full-time job would get in the way of my volunteering at church.

When I was 20 (over 30 years ago), I decided that I did not want to pass on my "bad genes" to future generations and planned never to have children. I did not realize then that that meant that I would never be able to marry in the Catholic Church (and a marriage outside the Catholic Church is not an option for me). I suppose that I was hoping for a marriage that would be essentially sexless (it seems that I am also a biromantic greysexual, which means I am romantically attracted to both men and women but am almost asexual): birth control was not a viable option for me because I consider it sinful. Of course, I am now menopausal (I haven't had a period since 2012, and my periods were erratic for some four years before that) but I am pretty much used to being a spinster.

Oh, physical health problems too? I have hypothyroidism and asthma, but both are in good control thanks to medication.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

frank1234

Apr 26, 2006
Winnetka, California
✟35,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Vow, I can't believe, I started all this conversation forum more than 3 years ago and i haven't checked back at it. I just came to check and found out so many people have responded since then, even last week. God bless you all. Originally i felt alone as a single christian with and physical and mental issues, and was curious about others like me. I have been involved with my church in the worship ministry until few months ago, but the health issues are so severe now that I can't even go to church, let alone meeting any body. It's good to talk about it.

Upvote 0