• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Since the coronavirus situation, I have been self-evaluating and think I’m borderline hoarder

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+29,228
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I mean, not in the hoarder shows type of examples. I go to the grocery, I see something on sale, instead of one, I get two. Maybe up to four. This is in normal times. I realize I live way outside of town and I know this influences my purchases but I’m thinking this might be a hoarding tendency? Although I do use what I buy. It’s not stacked up somewhere with cobwebs around it with an expiration date of 1991 or something. Does anyone else do this or am I hoarding? All this talk of hoarding has me wondering.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 A work in progress. Being moulded by the Potter! Supporter

+5,436
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    Since the Coronavirus...
    I've been wondering what I will do for my birthday.
    As I'll be working the nightshift before, I reckon I'll be spending most of the day sleeping.
    I'm planning on getting a cake, putting candles on, and inviting friends on Skype to tune in and sing happy birthday to me while I blow the candles out!
    Apart from talking to myself in the mirror, I think that's the only company I'll have on my big day unfortunately!
    Well, on the plus side, it does mean more cake for me!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Michie

+29,228
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Well there are those pretty geese you can share with as well. ;) Happy Birthday early to you! Wishing you many more! :)

4. Anthony2019

Anthony2019 A work in progress. Being moulded by the Potter! Supporter

+5,436
    United Kingdom
    Anglican
    Single
    Maybe I should move back the sofas, put some large mirrors around the lounge, put the music on and do some dancing. It'll be like having a night out at the club!

5. Michie

+29,228
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Why not? A couple of glasses of vino... some glances at the guy in the mirror... what else do you need?! Lol

6. eastcoast_bsc

eastcoast_bsc Veteran

+6,709
    Christian
    I have been working at the office because there are very few here and I feel beter having to have a place to go and not stay at home. I walked around and procured some hand santizers that were left behind. wink wink.

7. Michie

+29,228
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Send me one hoarder!!!! ;)

8. Lady Bug

Lady Bug Let's get real Supporter

+8,134
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I have to admit I'm kind of like this too even though I don't want to be. I tell myself "well if I don't get more right now then when I come back it won't be here."

9. Michie

+29,228
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Exactly! I think part of my issue is living so far out. I mean, I’ve shopped this way long before coronavirus.

10. Lady Bug

+8,134
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I actually shopped the same way before, and no one would have thought I was hoarding, it's just the way I was, but now it looks like hoarding in this context. lol

11. Michie

+29,228
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I know. All this hoarding talk on the news makes me question it though. :)

12. Stabat

Stabat Stat Crux, dum volvitur orbis Supporter

+7,500
    Norway
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    We're hoarding... :oops:
    Shame on me and my family...

13. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+5,846
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    That doesn't sound like hoarding, it sounds like taking advantage of a sale. I do it too.

And in retrospect, I should have "hoarded" in February.

14. Lady Bug

+8,134
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I probably should have too, but I didn't want to be like the people I resent who have caused these shortages in the first place.

15. Fenwick

Fenwick ☩ Broman Catholic ☩

+7,754
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    It seems like a lot of us are just “waiting for the other shoe to drop.” Maybe that’s why. I don’t know, what do you think?

Matt Walsh had an article yesterday about how we seem to have so easily surrendered our constitutional rights like freedom of religion and freedom of assembly. Even if we’re not specifically aware of it, I think most of America right now knows that something isn’t right. So maybe responses like stockpiling are explained in that light. We’re waiting for something.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Amittai

Amittai monitor evaluator

+284
    United Kingdom
    Non-Denom
    Single
    With illness on & off before now, I developed a habit of mostly having a little extra in in case I'd have to stop shopping and it could be awkward to get someone else to. Not knowing if I'll last (let alone those who help me) I'm not running it down too quick but not building it up extra.

17. Bob Crowley

Bob Crowley Well-Known Member Supporter

+624
    Australia
    Catholic
    Married
    That's the only reason you're thinking about it. If it weren't for the news about hoarders buying up some types of stock, you'd have just continued what you were doing without giving it another thought.

If you live a long way out of town then you obviously need to buy larger quantities, since you would shop less often.

I bought another set of toilet rolls yesterday (I think). The last time was over 2 weeks ago. We didn't really need them, but they've been so scarce on the shelves that I thought I'd better buy a pack while they were there. Did I feel guilty? A little. If it hadn't been for the "hoarders" emptying the shelves, I wouldn't have bothered.

I haven't been able to get hand sanitiser for love or money But today I managed to get a moderate size bottle from a chemist. Just one and it will do. Once again though I normally would not have thought about it.

I wouldn't worry about it. As far as I can make out, all you're doing is the same sort of shopping you've always done, buying what you need.