'Since Target Decided We Need To Dress Ugly...' Woman Has Hilarious Photo Shoot In New Target Dress

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Women all over the country are poking fun at the latest fashion trend to hit Target's shelves.

Lesley Butterfield, from Roanoke, Virginia, decided to do a hilarious photo shoot in one of Target's new dresses. Her son took the photos and also helped her with the captions.

"Since Target has decided we all need a dress as ugly as homemade sin while we suffer amidst the pandemic, I reckon I would join this movement with the rest of the womens, down home on the range," she wrote in a Facebook post.

yna0z-ugly-target-dress-photoshoot-1.jpg

Credit: Lesley Butterfield / Facebook

"Journal entry, Day 332 of Pandemic:

The Pony Express finally arrived into town today, delivering much need letters of encouragement from family and friends alike and alarming news of civil discord. I was so surprised that I nearly burnt the rhubarb cobbler simmering in the dutch oven. After I churned my own butter, I sold off our fine China made of porcelain, no need for that nonsense anymore under a 10-month long quarantine. I was able to barter for a new cutlery knife from the local general store since my old one was so dull it wouldn’t cut hot butter. After daily chores and 5 minutes of homeschool, the girls made corn husk dolls and the boys dipped candles for our lanterns."

Continued below.
'Since Target Decided We Need To Dress Ugly...' Woman Has Hilarious Photo Shoot In New Target Dress

• Haha
Reactions: GodsGrace101

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
  • Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think my daughter would like that dress--but won't buy from Target.
Well I won’t say that there are not some that would like it or wear it well. It’s just not my cup of tea.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those things are just ugly. Fashion nostalgia is a thing??

Yeah it's a thing, fashions go out of style and then come back a generation or two later, usually with a modern twist...

Targets "fashion throw back" is just a throw back... nothing imaginative or modern to it, it just looks cheap.

Just so you know - if your old enough to wear a fashion when it's first in style, your too old to wear it in its second iteration.. that's an old saying that remains true.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,502.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting! Prairie dresses are definitely not my thing though. Lol
Yeah it's a thing, fashions go out of style and then come back a generation or two later, usually with a modern twist...

Targets "fashion throw back" is just a throw back... nothing imaginative or modern to it, it just looks cheap.

Just so you know - if your old enough to wear a fashion when it's first in style, your too old to wear it in its second iteration.. that's an old saying that remains true.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0