• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Therosary9

Jul 8, 2019
USA
✟19,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There is a lot of sin in my life. As you all know from my previous posts, the only way out is homelessness. I am still eating my family's food. I don't see anything changing. Please help me somehow. I have made arrangements to see a priest. Also, a doctor for my hair loss. I really just don't know what to do anymore. I see other people's posts about losing God and the Holy Spirit and they get a lot of replies. I know that God is answering them through others. I appreciate the responses that I get, but I do not feel that I am hearing from God.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a lot of sin in my life. As you all know from my previous posts, the only way out is homelessness. I am still eating my family's food. I don't see anything changing. Please help me somehow. I have made arrangements to see a priest. Also, a doctor for my hair loss. I really just don't know what to do anymore. I see other people's posts about losing God and the Holy Spirit and they get a lot of replies. I know that God is answering them through others. I appreciate the responses that I get, but I do not feel that I am hearing from God.
There's a lot of sin in my life, too. It's a struggle. You don't need to be homeless to continue to follow Christ.

Talk to a priest, let him know about this difficulty. Go to confession, and please don't kick yourself out of the house. It's ok. God loves you. Christ died for you.

What you are experiencing sounds almost like it could be connected more to scruples or obsessive tendencies rather than a direct spiritual problem.

Upvote 0

Therosary9

Jul 8, 2019
USA
✟19,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the prayers. I really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

Therosary9

Jul 8, 2019
USA
✟19,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There's a lot of sin in my life, too. It's a struggle. You don't need to be homeless to continue to follow Christ.

Talk to a priest, let him know about this difficulty. Go to confession, and please don't kick yourself out of the house. It's ok. God loves you. Christ died for you.

What you are experiencing sounds almost like it could be connected more to scruples or obsessive tendencies rather than a direct spiritual problem.
Thank you so much for responding. I really appreciate it. I hope that you are right. Thank you for the advice.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much for responding. I really appreciate it. I hope that you are right. Thank you for the advice.
Yeah, don't become homeless. Do your best to fight the flesh, rely on God, pray, trust Him, and let Him help you His way.

Do you pray the Rosary daily? What about the Divine Mercy Chaplet? I would suggest those, friend.

Upvote 0

Therosary9

Jul 8, 2019
USA
✟19,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I used to pray both. I hear God tell me to do penances. No one b
Yeah, don't become homeless. Do your best to fight the flesh, rely on God, pray, trust Him, and let Him help you His way.

Do you pray the Rosary daily? What about the Divine Mercy Chaplet? I would suggest those, friend.
I used to pray both. I heard God tell me to do penances. No one believes me.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to pray both. I hear God tell me to do penances. No one b

I used to pray both. I heard God tell me to do penances. No one believes me.

Ok. Voices can be from God, and sometimes are not. So, I would talk to your priest about this, and let him decide which penances would be appropriate for you. It's good to want to do penance, but we have to do so in a way that conforms to God's Will for our lives. Not everyone will be called to live on top of a pillar, for example. That's pretty rare.

Pray the Rosary. Our Lady has requested it, and in addition to being good for souls, it's good for us, too.

• Agree
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I listened to the commands for penance, I felt more peace and lightness.

God may very well be leading you to do this, but it's better to get a good priest in on this, too.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's okay to rely on your family. God gave us family for a reason. I'm sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time. Stay with your family as long as you can and just focus on living one day at a time. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Continue to lean on God and pray that he give you the strength to get rid of whatever sin is in your life. He wants you happy joyful and FREE (of sin) and FREE in every other way imaginable.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Therosary9

Jul 8, 2019
USA
✟19,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It's okay to rely on your family. God gave us family for a reason. I'm sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time. Stay with your family as long as you can and just focus on living one day at a time. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Continue to lean on God and pray that he give you the strength to get rid of whatever sin is in your life. He wants you happy joyful and FREE (of sin) and FREE in every other way imaginable.
I felt like He told me that I was taking advantage of my family after not working for many years. I will try what you said. It just hard I feel so much heaviness. And seeing other people with hair is hard too.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Therosary9

Jul 8, 2019
USA
✟19,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I felt like He told me that I was taking advantage of my family after not working for many years. I will try what you said. It just hard I feel so much heaviness. And seeing other people with hair is hard too.
Thank you for replying. I appreciate you taking the time.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I felt like He told me that I was taking advantage of my family after not working for many years.

Honestly, that kinda sounds a bit petty and condemnatory. I think it's safe to say that isn't coming from God, especially if you can't work and don't have anything lined up to make money. How does your family see you? Are you in a loving open relationship with them?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Therosary9

Jul 8, 2019
USA
✟19,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Honestly, that kinda sounds a bit petty and condemnatory. I think it's safe to say that isn't coming from God, especially if you can't work and don't have anything lined up to make money. How does your family see you? Are you in a loving open relationship with them?
It was like disrespecting parents and stealing that I was convicted of by letting them take care of me. Even if in the past I could not, now I feel like it has run out. But I am struggling with shame and confidence when trying to find work. They try, but we don't really see things the same way.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well if you can still live with them then I believe it's their duty to care for you. Just don't steal anymore stuff lol But anyway, that seems to be over and done with. Try to conform to the standards your parents set, in the spirit of the 4th commandment to honor thy father and mother (or is that the 5th?) Be open to talking with them about your situation. It sounds like they are reasonable and aren't trying to kick you out. Will be praying for you

Upvote 0