NW England
✟1,050,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sin means we're not perfect & that we got to have some Christ in our lives or we'll spoil it. Spoiler alert. Sin is not always bad & sin can sometimes be good but sin is never what's best for our lives.

The NT says that the wages of sin is death. How can that ever be good?

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The NT says that the wages of sin is death. How can that ever be good?
Sin is bad. Sin is always bad. it cannot be good. But we do not always know the difference completely between right & wrong. We may call something good. That something might be good. That something might be sin. That something might be partly good & partly sin. We do not always know. God knows. We do not know because we are cursed in sin. Our eyes are blind. We cannot see. We cannot hear. We cannot fully understand completely. We may call something sin. We may think that it is sin, that it is bad. That thing might be a good thing. We do not know. God knows.

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
are humans perfect?
Not perfect but they can be perfectly forgiven. Sin never brings us toward God. Shame can and the draw of the Holy Spirit does. It's the realization that we need salvation from sin not the sin that makes us aware. Sin is never good.

Upvote 0
S

Sarah2BH

God gave us instructions in the Bible and expects us to learn every day about what is right and what is wrong. He also gives us the Holy Spirit to direct us and guide us when making choices. Before becoming a child of God, we are blind and cannot discern between right and wrong but after salvation we are given the tools to see and we are instructed to seek answers and continue to grow.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God gave us instructions in the Bible and expects us to learn every day about what is right and what is wrong. He also gives us the Holy Spirit to direct us and guide us when making choices. Before becoming a child of God, we are blind and cannot discern between right and wrong but after salvation we are given the tools to see and we are instructed to seek answers and continue to grow.

Too often people say that they know exactly what God wants them to do.

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Too often people say that they know exactly what God wants them to do.
On some things it's easy to know exactly what God wants you to do. Other things take using our spiritual ears and some things are never decerned.
I know many things God wants from me and every Christian: That we sin not. That we give ourselves totally over to Him. That we love one another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rev Randy

Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Are you talking about sin unto physical death or sin that sends you to Hell?
Both of those are death. But not all sin is unto death. Still, God desires that we sin not at all while understanding that we will.
While I understand that we will not and should not even attempt to figure out God we can understand His will. His will is that no man perish in sin. In this age of grace His will is also always for life (eternal) and love without conditions.
As for His personal will for you, I cannot say but do know how you can come to know. It requires something so many Christians leave out of their prayerlife. Quiet meditation and careful listening. Too often we simply give a list of needs and wants and don't leave time for God to speak to us or through us. Prayer is a two way street. We speak and God responds.

Upvote 0

Rev Randy

Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When we draw lines, we begin to tell God that we are smarter than God.
Then don't draw any. God has already drawn the lines we need follow. He shows them to us through The Holy Spirit and through His love letter (the Bible). We are not even close to being smart when compared to God. He took dirt and made man. We can't even make dirt from dirt well.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then don't draw any. God has already drawn the lines we need follow. He shows them to us through The Holy Spirit and through His love letter (the Bible). We are not even close to being smart when compared to God. He took dirt and made man. We can't even make dirt from dirt well.

Where are the direct lines about whether we are to smoke or not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rev Randy

Aug 14, 2012
Florida,USA
✟25,153.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You are speaking of indirect applications instead of direct commandments.
As when the Bible was penned, there was no knowledge of tobacco, the bible doesnot directly or indirectly address it. Alcohol was used at that time and is mentioned but only spoken of poorly when used in excess.
When I spoke of spiritually and phyisically I was speaking of what your heart tels you spiritually and what your phyisical heart recieves as a result of smoking. It's obiviously not good for you medically speaking and is the leading contributor in heart and vascular problems.
I also spoke of our individual Church policies as some prohibit one or both. If your a member of such a Church you should submit to that Church policy. Most Churchs simply teach moderation and it's not an issue but some take it further.
But back to the topic of this thread. Sin is never good. confessing sin is good as it brings the sin into the light and sin cannot survive in the light. If the point is that we learn from our mistakes then I can kind of see the point but learning by our mistakes is often more costly than it's worth. Better to learn from the sins of others in biblical history. It's never the sin that teachs us but the result of sin we learn from. Evil never generates good just as good never generates evil.

Upvote 0