Simularities between the kingdom of heaven and the workers in the field parable. :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Gonzalez

Jan 19, 2016
Inland Empire
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,
I would like to know your guy's thoughts on the simularities between the part of the bible where it says satan and his followers will be outside the gates of heaven and there will be weaping and gnashing of teeth. And the parable of the workers in the field that jesus told. In this compare and contrast the workers who worked more look at the ones who got paid the same for less work. And get upset. Like when the devil and his gang see the kingdom of heaven in front of them but they can't be there. They are like the workers in the field thinking they deserve something but don't. :) :)

thanks for whoever reads this. Just trying to spark conversation.
God Bless

TastyWallet

Jan 19, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟15,515.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello,
I would like to know your guy's thoughts on the simularities between the part of the bible where it says satan and his followers will be outside the gates of heaven and there will be weaping and gnashing of teeth. And the parable of the workers in the field that jesus told. In this compare and contrast the workers who worked more look at the ones who got paid the same for less work. And get upset. Like when the devil and his gang see the kingdom of heaven in front of them but they can't be there. They are like the workers in the field thinking they deserve something but don't. :) :)

thanks for whoever reads this. Just trying to spark conversation.
God Bless

It's not fair to the text to compare the Workers in the Vineyard parable to satan and his followers in outer darkness because that is not the point of the parable.

The point of this parable is to demonstrate that all Christ followers, those who are deathbed converts, people who have been Christ followers for 100+ years, and everyone in between, will receive the same reward of everlasting life with God in heaven, is available to all of those who are willing to accept God's offer of forgiveness.

Of course, there are certainly different rewards in heaven based on works, but the greatest reward of everlasting life will be granted to all followers of Jesus. That's the point of the parable.

While I think this is an interesting thing to think about, I am of the position that any attempt to compare this to satan and his followers misses the point of this parable.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.