✟657,505.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Twelve in OP:
"Where did it all come from? The big bang, singularity, whatever it is atheists claim created the universe. I have asked over and over again: Where did it come from? Unfortunately, all I have gotten was "we don't know." Is that it? "

Unfortunately I've heard this from Creationists before.

By the same logic, you could throw the Bible out because Christians and Jews can't say where Moses is buried.

What do you mean you don't know?

Upvote 0

plindboe

Feb 29, 2004
In my pants
✟10,498.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Where did it all come from? The big bang, singularity, whatever it is atheists claim created the universe. I have asked over and over again: Where did it come from? Unfortunately, all I have gotten was "we don't know." Is that it? Do you simply say "I don't know" and leave it at that? If so, why? Why not try to figure it out?

Because it's a question that currently can't be answered. Only people with exaggerated opinions of their own abilities to estimate the Truth can convince themselves they know the answer to the ultimate question. A person who says "X did it" not only shows a lack of understanding of his own limitations, but the "answer" he has offered doesn't really reveal anything about how things arose and is utterly worthless. "I don't know" is the only honest answer anyone can give, that includes christians as well as atheists. I advice some humility.

Peter :)

Reactions: sbvera13
Upvote 0

ChordatesLegacy

Jun 21, 2007
✟17,761.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Where did it all come from? The big bang, singularity, whatever it is atheists claim created the universe. I have asked over and over again: Where did it come from? Unfortunately, all I have gotten was "we don't know." Is that it? Do you simply say "I don't know" and leave it at that? If so, why? Why not try to figure it out?

Then comes the question: Where did God come from?
Simply put, God didn't come from anything. God is a timeless, eternal being.

No one knows because it is outside of our four dimensional space. That is the three dimensions of space; length, width and height which of course we are inside of, and there’s time, which is often referred to as the time line. As this time line started at the exact moment of the big bang, which of course created the first three dimensions mentioned, it is impossible to observe anything before that point.

So the correct answer to your question is “we do not know” it is also very likely that we will never know.

In contrast to the above question, your second question is easy “where did god come from”.

Answer: HUMAN IMAGINATION

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Where did it all come from? The big bang, singularity, whatever it is atheists claim created the universe. I have asked over and over again: Where did it come from? Unfortunately, all I have gotten was "we don't know." Is that it?

For a scientist, "I don't know" is the most exciting phrase in the English language. If we knew everything then we wouldn't need scientists. "I don't know" keeps us lab nerds in business.

Do you simply say "I don't know" and leave it at that? If so, why? Why not try to figure it out?

Of course we don't leave it at that. String theory and M theory are two interconnected theories that might very well describe how universes come about. We are only starting to understand how our own universe has changed over the last 13.7 billion years. It's a lot of baby steps, but we are getting there.

Then comes the question: Where did God come from?

What God?

Upvote 0