✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"well isnt death "

No, its not. I specfically refered you to some verses in romans that explains it. If you want to draw false conclusions, go for it, but they are wrong. Paul specifically says what he means by curse of the law. You're just trying to rationalize your point. As for the passage in deu. You can't compare it to Gal becuase 1. Paul explains himself in another letter and 2. they are 2 different languages so the phrases aren't the same and you cannot conclude Paul was refering to that passage because it was not mentioned.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
so there is the curse of the Law in Ga 3:13 and curses in Deu 28.

and both are sep and not related ? one of the reasons being one is written in Greek the other in Hebrew.

*LOL*

doesnt Paul also mention the ministry of death engraven on stones -- the 10 commandments. doesnt Deu 28 talk about not obeying the 10 commandments?

Upvote 0

sola fide

neo-Puritan
Aug 2, 2002
✟660.00
Faith
Calvinist
Originally posted by Andrew
"I believe the doctrine"
ok. but i rather go with the Word and see if this doctrine cld have some errors.

"Gal 3:13 means he saved me from the curse of the law, which I already explained is death,"

well isnt death an "ordinances/judgments established in Genesis" which "will always remain and cannot be changed." and now you say "Gal 3:13 means he saved me from the curse of the law, which I already explained is death".

Well the curse of the law aint just spiritual or physical death (or slavery to sin). It includes Deu 28. Ask any Messianic Jew.

Did you not understand a word that I wrote? Galatians 3:13 is fulfilled in Christ, and I never claimed it wasn't.
I established that ordinances made by God before the giving of the law are still in effect...
Galatians 4:6,7-
"...For these are the two covenants given: the one from Mount Sinai..."

The law which Paul speaks of is the law of Moses, and I dare say the "spirit" of that law, not just the letter. He's not speaking of the book of Genesis, he's speaking of the covenant given to Moses, Abraham, etc...well after creation. John 1:17- "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ".
You speak so confidently about us being redeemed from death, it leads me to wonder if the only reason people die is their lack of faith.
Whether you want to acknowledge it or not, we still live under certain curses, even in the new testament. The curse of the law is broken, in that we are no longer slaves to the law. We do not have to be nervous wrecks trying to make sure we follow the letter of the law.
This is what the pharisees did to people. They were so maticulous when it comes to the law that they made being a follower more difficult than beneficial. In Matthew ch. 23, when Christ gives His woes to the pharisees...He said "The scribes and pharisees sit in Moses' seat...they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men's shoulders..."
v.1-4.
I think Galatians ch. 3 is being misused in this thread for the sake of argument. No one disagrees with the fact that we are redeemed from the law. But to take it into context, you realize that Paul was clearly addressing legalism, and I don't believe anyone here is advocating legalism. I do not claim nor try to live soley under the law, that would frustrate the grace of God.
The fact remains that labor pains, men's labor in work, death, etc. still remain and will until the return of Christ.
Once again I ask...is lack of faith the only reason people die? I'll answer that for you....no it's not.

Soli Deo gloria!

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"and both are sep and not related ? one of the reasons being one is written in Greek the other in Hebrew.
"

Andrew The two terms are different so you cannot assume he was talking about that. just like if I say Pair and you say pear they are 2 different things. Or if I say over here and point to my desk and you say over here and point to your floor. the same term is used but are about 2 very different things. That is why the roman's explaintion is there, to show you EXACTLY what paul was talking about. he explains it himself. You just want to take scripture out of context to prove your point. sorry, that's not only dishonest biblically, but wrong.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"You speak so confidently about us being redeemed from death, it leads me to wonder if the only reason people die is their lack of faith."

so i guess you dont believe in the resurrection or the rapture, or the millennial kingdom. even if you did, then according to your theo, these blessings have nothing to do with Jesus.

as i said, ask any Messianic Jew.

Upvote 0

sola fide

neo-Puritan
Aug 2, 2002
✟660.00
Faith
Calvinist
Originally posted by Andrew
"You speak so confidently about us being redeemed from death, it leads me to wonder if the only reason people die is their lack of faith."

so i guess you dont believe in the resurrection or the rapture, or the millennial kingdom. even if you did, then according to your theo, these blessings have nothing to do with Jesus.

as i said, ask any Messianic Jew.

Firstly, in order for there to be a resurrection, there must first be death, correct?
Secondly, I clearly stated that death was inevitable in this day and age before the return of Christ.
As for a rapture, I don't want to get into eschaetology, it's not my strong point, but I guess I would be considered an historic premill. That means I believe that the rapture will occur as Christ returns to the earth. Therefore, death will exist until His return.

Soli Deo gloria!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.