✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Job 13:23 (NASB)
“How many are my iniquities and sins? Make known to me my rebellion and my sin.

“make known to me my rebellion and my sin”

For the perfecting of the saints, is the search after light, truth, righteousness, given to the believer.. This is the blessed search that never ends. For there is always a deeper light, a deeper righteousness, a deeper truth for us to walk in, live in, see and enjoy.. This is the search that brings joy, peace, life, growth and contentment.. It also brings doubts, fears.. But these are the good type of doubts and fears..The doubts that make us question ourselves, that make us search into and after light and truth..The fear of not doing the good, proper and right thing.. The fear of missing the mark.. The fear of not pleasing God...This questioning of ourselves honors God, for it’s only concern is for what is pleasing to Him....Opinions and imaginations are of no value or concern, only what pleases the heart of God...What self thinks or wants to be true carries no weight, it moreover is a hindrance rather than a help, for if self is working, it is a work of self...

For only what comes from God to the heart of the believer is food for the believer.. All else is speculation, own will, the desires of the self life manifesting itself with it’s opinions and desires...The heart so troubled is a heart so blessed by God...The heart willing to see it’s own rebellion and sin, is a heart that will grow, will be blessed in ways incomprehensible to itself...Growth, as with all growth comes secretly, where one sees not how it happens...One just finds themselves being loving, being patient with people, being kind, being thoughtful, courteous. Moreover, when wronged, is when these are most magnificent, for one sees they are not of themselves...

Oh to have a heart that would willingly search after the rebellion and sin that hides itself...For the heart needs to be taught right from wrong, good from evil..These desires sound so simple, yet they are they that make for life... The knowledge of right and wrong is the knowledge of righteousness... The heart that hungers and thirsts after righteousness is a heart that started with being showed it’s rebellion and sin.. And then it runs to God, and not away...

Knowing that God is always good, that He always loves, for that is what and who He is..

Be blessed as we live this searching life, Not me

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
For there is always a deeper light, a deeper righteousness, a deeper truth for us to walk in, live in, see and enjoy
Philippians 3:12. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
If our Apostle Paul refused to allow himself to "settle on his lees", we dare not.
Zephaniah 1:12. And it shall come to pass at that time, that I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in their heart, The LORD will not do good, neither will he do evil.

• Friendly
Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Philippians 3:12. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
If our Apostle Paul refused to allow himself to "settle on his lees", we dare not.
Zephaniah 1:12. And it shall come to pass at that time, that I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in their heart, The LORD will not do good, neither will he do evil.

Hi, such great scriptures, be so blessed as do not settle on our lees.

A fellow believer, Not me

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bless you for encouraging all to do so.

Thanks and you also, that scripture in Zephaniah I was unfamiliar with, it blessed my heart so.. :)

Be blessed as we learn Christ, Not me

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

For the perfecting of the saints, is the search after light, truth, righteousness, given to the believer.. This is the blessed search that never ends. For there is always a deeper light, a deeper righteousness, a deeper truth for us to walk in, live in, see and enjoy.. This is the search that brings joy, peace, life, growth and contentment.. It also brings doubts, fears.. But these are the good type of doubts and fears..The doubts that make us question ourselves, that make us search into and after light and truth..The fear of not doing the good, proper and right thing.. The fear of missing the mark.. The fear of not pleasing God...This questioning of ourselves honors God, for it’s only concern is for what is pleasing to Him....Opinions and imaginations are of no value or concern, only what pleases the heart of God...What self thinks or wants to be true carries no weight, it moreover is a hindrance rather than a help, for if self is working, it is a work of self...

For only what comes from God to the heart of the believer is food for the believer.. All else is speculation, own will, the desires of the self life manifesting itself with it’s opinions and desires...The heart so troubled is a heart so blessed by God...The heart willing to see it’s own rebellion and sin, is a heart that will grow, will be blessed in ways incomprehensible to itself...Growth, as with all growth comes secretly, where one sees not how it happens...One just finds themselves being loving, being patient with people, being kind, being thoughtful, courteous. Moreover, when wronged, is when these are most magnificent, for one sees they are not of themselves...

Oh to have a heart that would willingly search after the rebellion and sin that hides itself...For the heart needs to be taught right from wrong, good from evil..These desires sound so simple, yet they are they that make for life... The knowledge of right and wrong is the knowledge of righteousness... The heart that hungers and thirsts after righteousness is a heart that started with being showed it’s rebellion and sin.. And then it runs to God, and not away...

Knowing that God is always good, that He always loves, for that is what and who He is..

I always love your posts. They touch on things we truly need to consider. We need to want improve. That is why we need to seek the Lord, or as you put it in the OP "search after light, truth, righteousness, given to the believer." Jesus is the truth. Jesus is the light. And as the Word of God who talks to us personally, He is our righteousness.

There is one thing though, you also wrote "Oh to have a heart that would willingly search after the rebellion and sin that hides itself."

So are we searching after Jesus or sin? Are we doing both?

I don't think we are actually doing both. I do think we search after Jesus and He will shows us how to resist, remove, and even where sin is in our life. He helps us! If that is the case then sin is not what we searching after, but we always search after the Lord and He shows us our sin.

I have seen where believers have gotten that wrong and it created problems for them. That is to say I have seen Christians start focusing on their sin instead of the Lord, but that just caused them to go after their sin by their own understanding and own abilities. I have seen them overrun. We have to understand that we need our Lord and indeed our King and His kingdom! It can get bad.

I remember one lady that was so into sin and demons in her life that it seemed that all she seemed to do was fight with the devil. She believed in the Lord Jesus Christ but spent almost no time seeking Him. Her life became about fighting the devil and sin in her life. I was a retail manager at the time and I had hired her. I liked her and the word she did but she was always getting sick, having problems, missing work, and apparently losing the battles in her life.

I know we don't want that to happen in people's lives but it can if they follow the instruction to seek sin instead of the instruction to seek the Lord Jesus Christ. We need to be aware of the principle that sin is in our lives, but it is that awareness that should be causing us to seek the Lord!

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OH - maybe I hit the post reply button too quickly, because right after that the Lord told me a couple of things to add.

We also do not want to seek the sin in other people's lives. He might ask us to give them a word and or help them with problems but that is not seeking the sin but helping the Lord.

And we do want to remove the sin in our lives, but that is not seeking it but removing it and even that should be done with the wisdom, knowledge, and understanding that He gives you.

Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I always love your posts. They touch on things we truly need to consider. We need to want improve. That is why we need to seek the Lord, or as you put it in the OP "search after light, truth, righteousness, given to the believer." Jesus is the truth. Jesus is the light. And as the Word of God who talks to us personally, He is our righteousness.

There is one thing though, you also wrote "Oh to have a heart that would willingly search after the rebellion and sin that hides itself."

So are we searching after Jesus or sin? Are we doing both?

I don't think we are actually doing both. I do think we search after Jesus and He will shows us how to resist, remove, and even where sin is in our life. He helps us! If that is the case then sin is not what we searching after, but we always search after the Lord and He shows us our sin.

I have seen where believers have gotten that wrong and it created problems for them. That is to say I have seen Christians start focusing on their sin instead of the Lord, but that just caused them to go after their sin by their own understanding and own abilities. I have seen them overrun. We have to understand that we need our Lord and indeed our King and His kingdom! It can get bad.

I remember one lady that was so into sin and demons in her life that it seemed that all she seemed to do was fight with the devil. She believed in the Lord Jesus Christ but spent almost no time seeking Him. Her life became about fighting the devil and sin in her life. I was a retail manager at the time and I had hired her. I liked her and the word she did but she was always getting sick, having problems, missing work, and apparently losing the battles in her life.

I know we don't want that to happen in people's lives but it can if they follow the instruction to seek sin instead of the instruction to seek the Lord Jesus Christ. We need to be aware of the principle that sin is in our lives, but it is that awareness that should be causing us to seek the Lord!
OH - maybe I hit the post reply button too quickly, because right after that the Lord told me a couple of things to add.

We also do not want to seek the sin in other people's lives. He might ask us to give them a word and or help them with problems but that is not seeking the sin but helping the Lord.

And we do want to remove the sin in our lives, but that is not seeking it but removing it and even that should be done with the wisdom, knowledge, and understanding that He gives you.

Scripture does tell us to purify our hearts and to remove the evil thing...

Be blessed in your learning of Him...

A fellow laborer in Christ, Not me

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLSITD

Conservative Christian
Apr 26, 2020
Tennessee
✟22,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Christians who love the Lord seek and welcome the light of His conviction in order to expose what needs to be improved or corrected and set to work on it with Him.

Christians who love themselves, those who think highly of themselves, and those who are willfully sinning or do not really want to know and do God's will but rather their own, flee from that light and avoid other Christians whose words and behavior put them under conviction.

God adds more light to the path of those who walk faithfully by the light they've already been given.

• Agree
Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Not me

Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christians who love the Lord seek and welcome the light of His conviction in order to expose what needs to be improved or corrected and set to work on it with Him.

Christians who love themselves, those who think highly of themselves, and those who are willfully sinning or do not really want to know and do God's will but rather their own, flee from that light and avoid other Christians whose words and behavior put them under conviction.

God adds more light to the path of those who walk faithfully by the light they've already been given.

So true! and such a blessed light it is too..

Be blessed as more and more light is given, Not me

• Friendly
Reactions: TLSITD
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums