Shouldn't God's eternal love mean hell can't exist?

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys, im a christian with some views i wish to share here and get some great feed back from this community.

My question is - how do you reconcile god as ever-loving and still have a hell? i find hell contradicts the very notion of a god that loves all unconditionally for all time and yet still has a place for you where he doesn't love you.

I believe god is embracing, and hell’s definition is the absence of God or a lack of love for God, and that cant exist because god is never absent and is never not loving you. So how does hell make sense to you?

If I were designing eternity I'd make "hell" a place where people could still repent and turn towards the light. But not falsely . . .

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi guys, im a christian with some views i wish to share here and get some great feed back from this community.

My question is - how do you reconcile god as ever-loving and still have a hell? i find hell contradicts the very notion of a god that loves all unconditionally for all time and yet still has a place for you where he doesn't love you.

I believe god is embracing, and hell’s definition is the absence of God or a lack of love for God, and that cant exist because god is never absent and is never not loving you. So how does hell make sense to you?

God is love. He is present everywhere, even in hell. And hell is the very best place for those wicked ones who are unfit for heaven to be, because it prepares them for heaven.

https://www.tentmaker.org/books/hope_beyond_hell.pdf

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I don't know about you, but if a "background of darkness" stood for eternal torture and hell for billions of people, I myself wouldn't be able to "appreciate" or enjoy a single star. My thinking would be "this is terrible, and how do we help these people." An answer of "it's game over for them, they will forever be this way" would not help me enjoy any star or anything else whatsoever.

When you are set free from the false idea of a human freewill, His grace can work through you without any inhibition. Till then you will be worrying unnecessarily.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
When you are set free from the false idea of a human freewill, His grace can work through you without any inhibition. Till then you will be worrying unnecessarily.
Whether we have free will or not, hell is still a reality, and God is not unjust either because of that...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Whether we have free will or not, hell is still a reality, and God is not unjust either because of that...

God Bless!
So you haven't yet known that the elect know that there is no freewill as the elect are ruled by His grace (rom 5:21).

Upvote 0

HighwayMan

Aug 7, 2007
✟17,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private

if there's no free will, aren't we characters in a play then? the characters didn't write the script, why must they be punished?

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I don't believe we have *no* free will, I just think that there are some things over which our wills have no influence. God has "child-proofed" some areas so we munchkinz can't get access to them. •ᴗ•

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I don't believe we have *no* free will, I just think that there are some things over which our wills have no influence. God has "child-proofed" some areas so we munchkinz can't get access to them. •ᴗ•
I should elaborate -- this means that some things, like a joyful eternal destiny, are already set (and I'm in the camp that believes that the future is bright for everyone), and there's nothing we can do to un-do that.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So you haven't yet known that the elect know that there is no freewill as the elect are ruled by His grace (rom 5:21).
I can see both,

I believe that only the Father alone has the ultimate, overarching, all encompassing, will in the matter, the rest of us not knowing "all" that that one knows, has no choice but to proceed as if we do have a choice, even if we really do not...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
if there's no free will, aren't we characters in a play then? the characters didn't write the script, why must they be punished?

1 Corinthians 15: 10
"I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me."

His grace works through the elect as His grace rules (rom 5:21). Elects are not free.

The unelected are also not free. They are ruled by sin (Rom 5:21) and sin works through them (rom 7:17).

The unelected are not punished. They are amorally discarded just like vessels by His freewill choice. They appear to be punished as people see through the law/kge. Kge (knowledge of good and evil) was not His will. Instead see through Grace apart from human freewill and works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Some might be temporary creations to forge and refine the ones he wants to train up to be eternal...

Also, maybe some that go elsewhere as a example maybe...? There are many possibilities...

Why would you make one vessel for a dishonorable use, and another for an honorable use...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I can see both,

I believe that only the Father alone has the ultimate, overarching, all encompassing, will in the matter, the rest of us not knowing "all" that that one knows, has no choice but to proceed as if we do have a choice, even if we really do not...

God Bless!
Philippians 2:13

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Some might be temporary creations to forge and refine the ones he wants to train up to be eternal...

Also, maybe some that go elsewhere as a example maybe...? There are many possibilities...

Why would you make one vessel for a dishonorable use, and another for an honorable use...?

God Bless!

Just like grains are fed by the plant.

Grains are gathered while plant is disposed.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I can see both,

God Bless!

We believe & confess not because we have freewill but because His grace works through us.

Believing and confessing are done to glorify the Lord because we are saved and not to be saved.

Upvote 0

David7818

Mar 20, 2018
sacramento
✟8,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

No, his eternal love shouldn't mean hell doesn't exist because someone could harm his little ones or people. some people are in hell for a s, they deserve to be there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If I build a house and it falls down on me, whose fault is it, mine or the material I made it out of ...

Your house has no mind to decide for itself if it stands or falls. If it did and it chose to fall---it's the house that's the problem, not the materials. The materials were of the highest quality, the decision to follow another voice instead of its maker was the problem.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your house has no mind to decide for itself if it stands or falls. If it did and it chose to fall---it's the house that's the problem, not the materials. The materials were of the highest quality, the decision to follow another voice instead of its maker was the problem.

So God fore knowing the end result of his actions chose to do it anyway, that falls under the let me save you from what I'm going to do to you unless you don't let me save you.

Abraham reasoned with God, but stopped at ten ...

Upvote 0