katemeister89

Jun 30, 2005
Oregon City
✟15,170.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I think we should pray for animals. I mean, God can do ANYTHING, so he could easily heal a sick animal or help with training an animal. I've heard of this lady who prays over dogs before they're given to a family, and it actually helps the dog train faster and better. So, praying never hurts. I'm sure you could pray over anything!:)

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,014,069.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Oblivious said:
Absolutely. We pray for people/things that are important to us. Our pets definitely fall into that category! :)

I disagree. I think that to pray for pets would be self-serving.

Upvote 0

Phil413

Legend
Apr 23, 2005
southern Illinois
✟28,483.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Petrarch said:
I disagree. I think that to pray for pets would be self-serving.

So is praying Give us this day our daily bread. Matthew 6:11 and that's the way Jesus instructed us on how to pray. I believe God wants us to cast all our troubles and worries on him. So yes I believe we should pray for our pets, our plants, anything and everthing that concerns us and just trust in God's plan, even when we don't understand it.

Upvote 0

midnightbirdgirl

Jul 23, 2005
Southern Cali
Visit site
✟1,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Phil413 said:
So is praying Give us this day our daily bread. Matthew 6:11 and that's the way Jesus instructed us on how to pray. I believe God wants us to cast all our troubles and worries on him. So yes I believe we should pray for our pets, our plants, anything and everthing that concerns us and just trust in God's plan, even when we don't understand it.
:amen:

Upvote 0

Tazi

Feb 22, 2005
BC Canada
✟18,297.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always pray for animals, INNOCENT CREATURES who can't speak for themselves, They are used in experiments against their will and used in such cruel ways in China for medicine. They are mistreated in food factories in the USA and Canada, as well as for sport hunting and fur. Have a look at PETA videos on their website. That might inspire you to pray for them too. Animals are mistreated all over the world cause they can't protect themselves. WHY SHOULDN'T WE PRAY FOR THEM??? Most animals are nicer than most people...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rosenherman

Sparkly rainbow butterfly kitten
Aug 25, 2004
Right coast
✟12,972.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
Tazi said:
I always pray for animals, INNOCENT CREATURES who can't speak for themselves, They are used in experiments against their will and used in such cruel ways in China for medicine. They are mistreated in food factories in the USA and Canada, as well as for sport hunting and fur. Have a look at PETA videos on their website. That might inspire you to pray for them too. Animals are mistreated all over the world cause they can't protect themselves. WHY SHOULDN'T WE PRAY FOR THEM??? Most animals are nicer than most people...

Don't take anything PETA says, or shows literally. They doctor what you see and lie.

They were taking dogs and cats from overloaded shelters, euthanizing them and throwing the bodies in dumpsters.
www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2005/072005/07022005/111459/

Upvote 0

fieldlily

God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

flaglady

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2005
✟64,796.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
rosenherman said:
Don't take anything PETA says, or shows literally. They doctor what you see and lie.

They were taking dogs and cats from overloaded shelters, euthanizing them and throwing the bodies in dumpsters.
www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2005/072005/07022005/111459/http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2005/072005/07022005/111459/

I read that article and my impression is that the author was out to trash the good name of PETA. Sure the animals might have been euthenased but only because they were too sick to save and that's according to this very article. Any animal welfare organization will do that. Maybe they did not dispose of the bodies properly but that does not detract from their basic message which is that a considerable number of animals suffer cruelly at the hands of humans. PETA strives to be factual - that alone will make them a target for unsympathetic newspaper editors who just want a story to print. Yet another good reason why animals deserve our intercession on their behalf.

Upvote 0

midnightbirdgirl

Jul 23, 2005
Southern Cali
Visit site
✟1,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
flaglady said:
I read that article and my impression is that the author was out to trash the good name of PETA. Sure the animals might have been euthenased but only because they were too sick to save and that's according to this very article. Any animal welfare organization will do that. Maybe they did not dispose of the bodies properly but that does not detract from their basic message which is that a considerable number of animals suffer cruelly at the hands of humans. PETA strives to be factual - that alone will make them a target for unsympathetic newspaper editors who just want a story to print. Yet another good reason why animals deserve our intercession on their behalf.

PETA, is really not a warm fuzzy help the animals orgainization. They are gainst all pet ownership. And animal farming of any kind...are you a vegan?If PETA had their way there would be no animal ownership or products of any kind. It is about animal rights not welfare. God gave us dominion and PETA's very essence is against that dominion.

Genesis 1: 26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. 30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

They really do more harm than good. It is not about the animals as much as it is about pushing their left wing agenda. They also are the main contributers to ELF.
MBG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MrsSeptemberPenguin

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
Minnesota
✟32,184.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don't know of anywhere where it says we should, but I also don't know anywhere it says we shouldn't. Also God wants us to be happy and provided animals for our enjoyment to some extent. So I really don't see anything wrong w/ praying for them, and in some respects it may be a good thing. It seems like it could be a good way to start off children praying who aren't comfortable praying for people.Don't know,don't see anything wrong w/ it though.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.